Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wohoooo got the m2

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default wohoooo got the m2

wohoooo got the m2....any of you bikers here on tm3..i have a question..what bike should i buy..i mean what cc? Below 600cc or 600cc...what brand...what company have good rates for the insurance.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: wohoooo got the m2

Wouldn't that have been a good idea to research prior to getting your M2? LOL

However I'd opt for a 600cc. If you go 250cc you'll want to upgrade the following year anyways - at least this has been what I have noticed/heard from the biking community. So save yourself some hassle and just go straight with 600cc if you think you can handle it. It's a powerful as **** bike but you gotta learn right?
    Crystalline
    2005 Mazda 3 GT | Sunroof | 17% Tint | 17" Enkei STR-5 rims | 6000k HID's | 3000K HID Fogs | Alien Green Calipers | Tein H-Techs | 10" 600watt Clarion Sub, 300watt O'rien Amp | GV Front Lip | Rear Flares | My Lil' Monster |
    Future Mods | CAI? | Vinyl/Plasti Dip Roof? |

Ride
    Jeep Wrangler
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd go with 600 as well.

Instagram : optiklenz13 / focalpointconcepts

www.optiklenz13.com
    FPC10

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

400 minimum for any bike - starter or daily.

Stay away from CBR's as insurance will rape you.

Good starter is a Kawasaki Ninja. Keep it under 600cc and it'll be considered sport Touring = better insurance rates

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got excited and thought you bought a Mazda2

Good luck on the bike and drive safe!
    Have you seen my stapler?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PCLoadLetter View Post
    I got excited and thought you bought a Mazda2

Good luck on the bike and drive safe!
    +1

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I started on a 600.
    Not everyone agrees about what a newb should start on. There was a discussion on here not to long ago about it also. gtamotorcycle.com will have lots of good info and options. In all honesty and reality, anyone can start on any CC bike, but it comes down to maturity level (Be honest with yourself) and how to treat the bike. Start on a 600 and if you get to outta line, it will snap back at you... you have more buffer if you start on a smaller CC bike.
    In the real world, you can hurt yourself just as easily/bad on a 50cc or a 600cc. Dont let the whole "small" bike thing get to you. REAL bikers and REAL friends dont care... as long as your on two wheels.
    anyway... good luck, welcome to the world of two wheels and keep the rubber side down.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^a haybusa jay? think thats a lil too powerful lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd say you are plenty qualified to jump right onto a 1000cc+ motorcycle. Have fun and hold on tight!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

thanks for your input guys.....i like ninja's..how about R6..are they reliable?.....i did check the GTA Motorcycle website..and most people say get a 250cc....i don't wana get a 250cc as i had a bike back home 200cc and i put 35,000 kms on that bike ...so basically i know how to ride a bike but i only took the course cuz i didn't had my own bike to do a ministry road test plus you get some discount on your insurance.As Canadian insurance companies do not count your other country's riding experience so, i am considered as a novice rider here( which sucks)..anyways i'll look into the insurances first then will decide which bike i wana buy...but this is for sure i'm gona get a SS.

Ride
    Ninja 250
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

your "supposed" to start on a small bike an upgrade, i got a 250 kawi ninja right now just got my m2 a few months ago
    but i guess it all comes down to budget and skill, i bought a 250 for two reasons, so i could learn and cause my insurance quote was really cheap,
    apparently after your first year your insurance drops alot though too
    bikes are addicting though, i already wanna upgrade too

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

was the license hard to get? i want to get my m license too when i get a bit older.

'05 Titanium Grey Metallic Mazda3 GT Sport

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The New Kawi 250 are great and dont look very far off for its 600cc big brother. In fact going by you at speed you may not fully notice. If you decide to go with a sub 600cc, i would say that is an ideal choice. The Kawi 250 are so popular that im sure if you bought one, kept it a year or two, you could still sell it for a very small loss... and that is what most people do. Bikes don't depreciate like our cars do.
    That said tho, and your past experience... it would be up to you. I've been on a few R6. I do like them but some of the older models were notorious for having a bad 2nd gear. Do your research on them cuz i've run across a few people lately who ended up with pretty messed up bikes.
    As far as insurance, check state farm. They might be the best to go with as they only care about the number of CC the bike has, not the actual model.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I found that two types of people push the "Walk before you run" philosophy. Dealers and elitists. The dealers makes sense to me, they want you to buy a bike from them every spring. The elitist attitude always came from people that were riding the 1000cc bikes. I could only gather that they wanted to feel that there were “better” than people riding the smaller displacement bikes.

I started on a GSX-R 1000 10 years ago and did fine. I got a couple new models but never had anything other that 1000cc bikes. I stopped riding about 2 years ago after thinking about how many times I had almost been killed by other people’s stupidity and decided I had enough of that.

My point is, get what you want, be safe and you will do just fine.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go with 600cc, you'll be bored with a 250cc! R6's are great bike for beginners I started off with an R6!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M3-ZOOM View Post
    was the license hard to get? i want to get my m license too when i get a bit older.
    Soooo easy to get. I went on a weekend (Friday in class, Sat & Sun riding bikes). They give you small dirt bikes and you ride around a lot, around obstacles and do little tests. Lots of places do it but it fills up fast
    Obviously first you have to write your M1 which is a lot of repetive information when you wrote your G1

2004 Mazda3 GT { BLACK MICA / 5MT / GFX pkg / BLACK, RED & GOLD BEEBS }

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to bump an old thread but where did everyone get their motorcycle license?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i did mine at the sheridan college..oakville campus

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As mentioned above:

- 600CC or lower for insurance
    - join gtamotorcycles

I got my license recently as well. I have a Kawasaki Ninja 250CC..... yes 250CC. But my reasonings were different as I know most would say 600CC minimum. For me, it's literally just for kicking around the Mississauga area. I have no intention of heading any where far or even going on the highway. It's just to boot around my local area after a hard day at work... or for a local Timmies meet with the boyz. The bike was cheap... insurance is cheap... win/ win situation for me

But I do understand how a more expereince rider would want to upgrade; but I'm happy with it.
    resident "Bouncer"; all-around nice guy ...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ +1

I'll probably get around to doing the course at Humber, time permitting. So, with these courses, do you need to go in with your M1 or is the M1 and M2 granted at the same time?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^

Go to the DMV/ MoT to write your M1, then sign up for the course to get your M2.
    For those of you who were not part of "Graduated Licensing" (like myself), I would encourage you to read both manuels for G1 and M1. I know this may sound stupid as chances are the majority on this board were part of the who G1/G2 process, but for those of us who are..... "wiser" or "more experienced" in years (I refuse to flat say "older")..... there were a bunch of questions that I honestly didn't know the answer to. I figured that sine I had my G license, I could just walk in and write the M1 full of Motorcyle questions. I was incorrect.

Part of the M1 is the G1 questions, unless you were part of the Graduated Licensing process and wrote it previously. Needless to say, yes... I did fail the first time I wrote my M1. I blazed through the Motorcycle questions, but failed by a couple of questions when it came to G1/G2 questions. I literally just guessed at those...
    Last edited by p-o-g-i; 09-17-2010 at 07:29 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here you are talking about what size of bike to get - step one is to bend over when insurance comes knocking. They will not be nice. They will not use lube.

Call insurance companies FIRST. You don't want to buy a bike for $5K and find out that it's $5K / year to insure. M2 means squat - to them it means that you're an accident and a payout waiting to happen, again grab your ankles.....

As far as a bike, I think I've seen the best of both worlds (speed and semi insurance friendly) the Kawi 400's. Or you could think cruiser as they are not classified as SUPERSPORT and heavily surcharged. Good luck, do your research and watch out for other idiots on the roads.
    Wes (ウェスリー) - Kitchener
    05 Sedan - Stock, Stock, Stock

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ That brings up a good question. I'm curious to know what everyone else is paying for Bike Insurance. I know it varies from the bike you own, where you live, your age, how long you've had your licenses, etc. blah blah blah.... but it would be interesting to do a quick comparison...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by p-o-g-i View Post
    ^^^ That brings up a good question. I'm curious to know what everyone else is paying for Bike Insurance. I know it varies from the bike you own, where you live, your age, how long you've had your licenses, etc. blah blah blah.... but it would be interesting to do a quick comparison...
    My CBR600 is classified as a Super Sport and I pay about $1000/year. I only have an M2 but I don't live in the GTA which takes a huge chunk out of the insurance bill.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast