Thread: *APH*: MS3 AP Tuning Info/Pricing @ APH

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb *APH*: MS3 AP Tuning Info/Pricing @ APH

Brian @ APH is now offering Accessport tuning services. Having spent time with Christian @ Cobb tuning my car, along with several others, Brian has established solid base calibrations with the help of Christian. Each car does have its own unique attributes and operating parameters. Brian can now go through the Cobb prescribed tuning procedure to determine these parameters, which will be used to generate a customized map for you and your car.

These tunes will be locked to your personal version of ATR for security, and Brian has full support from Christian to make further enhancements down the road. In fact, those of us that got tuned are currently running a beta firmware on our AP with faster logging and display cycles, along with more accurate numerical displays. You're never stuck with one tune, as Brian can always make changes down the road for your next mod.

Price is starting @ $300, which includes tuning and dyno time, barring any mechanical issues. You are welcomed to ask questions on here or to contact Brian @ APH directly:

Brian Wong
    brian@advancepowerhouse.com
    Tel: 416-781-8671
    Address:
    1217A, Lawrence Avenue West,
    Toronto, Ontario M6A 1E2

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: *APH*: MS3 AP Tuning Info/Pricing @ APH

what about non speeds
    2007 Mazda 3 GS Carbon Grey

Mods to date: 8000K HID, 3000K HID Fogs with smoked tint, Angel Eyes, Eye Lids, Smoked LED 3rd Break Light, Led Interior Lighting, Open Mouth Grill, Front Lip, Rear Flares, OEM Side Skirts, Custom Black Emblems, TM3 License Plate Covers & Rear TM3 Stickers, 2-way Viper Alarm, 23% Tinted Windows, Black Reflectors, 3M Carbon Fiber Vinyl, Eibach Pro Kits, Smoked Side Marker, Tinted Rear Tails, VG shark fin, Hella Horns, 18" Tenzo Type M Version 1 Black wrapped with 225/40/18 Nankang NSII, RHO Plate, Magnaflow CBE

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaskit View Post
    what about non speeds
    MS3/Accessport only. Basically, any car that is supported by the Cobb Accessport..
    Last edited by Fobio; 02-04-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian can tune all AP's. they do have a AWD Dyno there. but sorry they cant tune reg Mazda 3's yet with no software
    www.nextmod.com
    Monday - Friday 12-8pm
    Saturday 12-5pm

290 Yorktech Dr. Unit 27 Markham Ontario email me at Jon@nextmod.com
    416-800-9139

Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty awesome deal for those with AP's!

Ride
    Jeep Wrangler
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know..

Instagram : optiklenz13 / focalpointconcepts

www.optiklenz13.com
    FPC10

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This will likely be intro pricing only, so get on it fast. I will continue to work with Brian to get more features out to you guys and to keep the price competitive. Features and benefits wise, we will do what we can to stay ahead of the curve.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian is a great tuner, and is Very knowledgeable with many platforms.
    He helped me greatly learning to use the machine!

+1 for APH

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Intro pricing only? Darn. Do you know when it'll end? I'm planning on throwing on some more hard parts around April and won't be getting a protune until then.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to know since I just picked up an AP. Also good that it's in T.O since I'm down at least a couple of times a year.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    Intro pricing only? Darn. Do you know when it'll end? I'm planning on throwing on some more hard parts around April and won't be getting a protune until then.
    the way I see it, it's better to run tuned as soon as possible, since the base tune isn't necessarily ideal depending on how and where you drive in Southern Ontario...stop and go city driving vs. blasting between farms. Running tuned, and along with getting dyno'd, also establishes an ideal baseline for you to build on. and when you get your next mod installed at Brian's/APH, you can likely work out something reasonable for an upgraded tune w/ dyno numbers to back up the gains you supposedly paid for.

Sponsor

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brian is an awesome and every experience tuner. I had my STI tuned there last season and my car has been running his map ever since. He made me 3 maps on my car and set it on my si drive so when ever i turn the knob on my si drive it switches maps. The price you get now is a really good price since i paid about $500 last time to tune my car. My next project will be done there as well since i only trust them on all engine parts.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fobio View Post
    This will likely be intro pricing only, so get on it fast. I will continue to work with Brian to get more features out to you guys and to keep the price competitive. Features and benefits wise, we will do what we can to stay ahead of the curve.
    ok stupid noob question but would having the access port and tune be safer than running stock with an SRI (without an AP)? I have had an AP since Aug but decided not to use it since I'm nervous about having problems. I considered selling the AP and staying stock+ sri but may keep it and get tuned if it's safe. I figure it depends on a lot of factors but am looking for input from you guys.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jon2000 View Post
    ok stupid noob question but would having the access port and tune be safer than running stock with an SRI (without an AP)? I have had an AP since Aug but decided not to use it since I'm nervous about having problems. I considered selling the AP and staying stock+ sri but may keep it and get tuned if it's safe. I figure it depends on a lot of factors but am looking for input from you guys.
    Short answer YES!

It would be safer to run the AP w/ the intake and better too. The AP and the tune (if you get one from Brian) would allow the car to utilize the intake 100% and also compensate for the extra air, etc etc. The stock tune does as well, BUT, only to an extent and no where as good as the AP would. Running a Tune if done properly should not harm the car in anyway and if anything make it more reliable, fun/faster. You can tune out the retarded insta-torque-braking-rods to have it more smooth and transition better.

If you are in the position to do it, do it!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks starscream! So just to understand ....until I get a tune should I load the Cobb AP map that utilizes the SRI rather than using the stock OEM map with my SRI? I know it's probably best to read up on the AP more but would I just load the Cobb map and drive around leisurely for a while to let everything calibrate until I decide on whether to get it tuned or stay stock? I don't want to be the latest guy posting about a blown motor on here. Thanks again for your input!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks starscream! So just to understand ....until I get a tune should I load the Cobb AP map that utilizes the SRI rather than using the stock OEM map with my SRI? I know it's probably best to read up on the AP more but would I just load the Cobb map and drive around leisurely for a while to let everything calibrate until I decide on whether to get it tuned or stay stock? I don't want to be the latest guy posting about a blown motor on here. Thanks again for your input!
    To be honest one of the people that have the AP might beable to steer you into a better direction. However from what I know the OTS maps are good as a base line, but might need some more fine tuning (as each car is specific). It would be worth it IMO to have Brian tune you later on (sooner than later so you get the deal that they are putting on). I assume there maybe some MAF calibration and stuff they have to do, but again the AP guys would be better at advising you then I would be. Honestly dont romp on the car at low RPMS, dont try to go full boost in 6th gear on the highway (downshift if you need to pass), and maintain the car and you shouldnt blow. Just be smart and treat her right, and bitch slap her from time to time and you'll be good.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you have an SRI already installed and the AP sitting around why AREN'T you running a Cobb map? Or at least data logging with it to make sure AFR and fuel trims are in line?

Anyway short answer YES load the stage1+sf 91 and/or 94 octane maps...

If you're afraid of blowing your engine (you won't with just an intake) you should familiarize yourself with the logging and live monitoring of your AP to make sure all parameters are in line.

Also, come out to our next meet... you'll learn more in person than reading a 100 forum posts.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    We don't recirculate our boost, we vent that hoe to the atmosphere. We don't suggest standing in the same room with this thing goes off. The pressure change will be so great that when ambient pressure returns to normal, you'll die from the bends.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by horto View Post
    If you have an SRI already installed and the AP sitting around why AREN'T you running a Cobb map? Or at least data logging with it to make sure AFR and fuel trims are in line?

Anyway short answer YES load the stage1+sf 91 and/or 94 octane maps...

If you're afraid of blowing your engine (you won't with just an intake) you should familiarize yourself with the logging and live monitoring of your AP to make sure all parameters are in line.

Also, come out to our next meet... you'll learn more in person than reading a 100 forum posts.
    OK I downloaded the 108 maps and will try the Stage1+SF 91 v108 and do some logging. I should come out for a meet some time and get a tune or something. I'm in Niagara and don't get out to Toronto too often. Do you recommend doing the MAF calibration as well or am I fine just using the OTS map for now?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, Brian doesn't check TM3. If you have specific questions about tuning, feel free to contact Brian directly. If you're looking for ATR/AP support, feel free to post up a new thread, ask in the random thread, browse TM3 or mazdaspeedforums.org.