Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to buy H&R coilovers?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Where to buy H&R coilovers?

I'm thinking H&R springs on koni yellows.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jic is a relative joke in the tuning world.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blkoutspd3 View Post
    Im still debating on BC coils, H&R coils or just go H&R springs and Koni struts. I know there the same price but....its all ride quality and all around quality. Such a hard decision and a expensive one.
    I'm on the same boat as you,and I spent a lot of time online reading reviews/comparisons/maintenances/installations.All the itches started from the time one of my rear shock blown and I replaced both by Bilstein sport.I was so closed on getting some H&R springs plus a pair of Bilstein struts if not were they out of stock everywhere without an ETA even. I also thought about going Koni yellow in the front but didn't really wanna do mixed brands shock/strut. Instead of going full Koni and selling the Bilstein shocks I started thinking about Coilovers because of adjustabilities(height/dampening)/installation easiness(front struts disassembly)/total cost(don't wanna dump $1500+ on suspension again after all those mods I've got).Getting H&R coilovers is kinda like getting Bilstein struts/shocks + H&R springs without height adjustability,still have no dampening adjustment,still need to do front struts disassembly and cost more than $1500. Out of all the "budget coilovers"(BC/Megan/D2/Ksport/yellowspeed/etc),BC seem to have the best reviews. I know people are saying never get cheap on coilovers,but IMO that's more when you go track your car a lot.Then people say why you even choose coilovers if you don't go to the track often at the first place?Again ajustabilities/installation/price...

I'm leaning much more toward coilovers and debating between BC and Selex,the latter look like better build quality with easier to get after-sell-service since they're made in Canada but more expensive and also less reviews.BC's seem to have good reviews especially in the EVO/STI world,some people run them on their car for over 40,000kms with occasional track time without problems.The $99 shock replacement after first year looks reasonable as well. I've also seen some "BC=fail" threads and more of them are due to inproper installation/lack of maintenance/riding track stiffness on street,and they are better comparing to the other budget coilovers without acceptable prices.

Banned
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd almost rather cheap out on a track car setup than a street car. You break on the track, you hit the tires. You break on the street(which is the only place I've seen BCs break) and you potentially hit a mother and her two kids at the bus stop and kill them. DON'T BUY SHIT PARTS WHEN SAFTEY IS A CONCERN. Catastrophic failure of a cheap set of fuel pump internals? Messed up motor and a couple grand in repairs. Catasrophic failure of your suspension(which has happened)? Lose control of your car. Petentially writethe thing off and possibly kill yourself and/or someone else.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im using stock shocks on Tein S-tech, the rear is already busted @ 60k KM, so regret did not chnage to koni yellow in the beginning

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Reviving this thread back from the ashes! I'm already planning ahead for the next mod season and I'm interested in the H&R coilovers, more so than the KW variant 1's. Aside from checking out sponsors, anybody ever order online from vividracing? Their prices seem to be the best on the market and they seem reputable.

http://www.vividracing.com/catalog/2...150719864.html

+10% discount for Canadian customers.

Anybody with experience, let me know what you think
    Last edited by r4mi5awi; 08-22-2013 at 03:21 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI. The link you posted are for the Mazda3 not the Mazdaspeed3. The part # for H&R coilovers is 52604 2010+ Mazdaspeed3's

Tuning by MSPEED Tuning & Diagnostics
    29psi

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

If only I had an MS3 :o

Thanks for the info anyways!

Thanks
    Mentioned