Thread: Nextmod bad experience!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs down Nextmod bad experience!

Okay so i go to nextmod often to buy some stuff for my mazda 3. I have never had a bad experince before today. In general peter is very nice and he takes time to get you what you like and for the best price. I bought some cheap light bulbs for my fog lights and peter offers a 3 month warranty on them. So i had a set for about 6 months and the burnt out. I went ib to get new ones and paid another $25 and got a new set. Put them in and about a month after (today) one burnt out. I walked in and said one burnt out can i get a new one. Some guy said where is the bulb and i told him come out and look at my car ull see its burnt out. He was like no. Ee need the bulb so i said i dont have any tools on my car to get it out. He said okay so come back another day. I live 45 min away. I then waited for peter who did prettyuch the same thing. He told me to pay them 20 and he will take it out. Wow i couldnt beleive it. I spent overall about $2000.00 at next mod last summer and he couldnt take 5 min to pop out a bulb?! Not a great customer experience so far but wait it gets better. He then gives me a ratchet and tell me to go out and take out the bulb. I was very bothered by his rude tone and the fact that he couldnt just say no problem take the new one and go. Instead he had a 15 min confrintation in front of other customers. In the end i did it myself as he stood outside with some other wprkers there and laughed while watching me on the floor puttin in a fof light. Over all aftter this experince id say i will not recomend nextmod anymore, considering that i sent about $5000 in business to him. He was nice when i was handing him money but not when he should be there for great customet service. Anyways thats my story. Thanks.
    *09 mazda 3 GS Black Mica*17% Tinted Windows All Around*K&N Cold Air Intake*Open Mouth Grille*High Intensity Discharge Lights 6000K*Fog Lights*Winter Tire Package*

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Nextmod bad experience!

Sorry to hear about your experience. Im sure they might just be having a busy day. With that said, it is no excuse for dealing with a customer that way.

Im sure Peter will post soon to clarify the situation.

You would think if the bulb is dead they jusr give you a new one, unless they ship back the broken ones to the manufacturer, i dunno.
    2008.5 Mazda3 Black Mica GS Sedan- Injen RD6061 CAI - Koni Yellows - Eibach Prokits - SPC Rear Camber Kit - Tenzo Type M 18x8 Powdercoated Bronze - Yokohama S.Drives 225/40/18 - Rolled Fenders - Rear Flares - Gforce Strut Bar - Prolumen 6000K - 3000k HID Fogs - Speedline Wide Angle Blue/LED Side Mirrors - LED Interior - Eyelids - LED 3rd Brake Light/Sidemarkers - LED Reflectors -LED Footwell/Trunk/Cup Holder Lighting - Solar Guard 28% Tints All Round - VG Sharkfin - Borla Catback - 07+ GS Lip - Eyelids - Sideskirt Extensions - Aluminium Pedals - Sickspeed Horns - Kenwood - Alpine - SPL -

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly my point. Im sure peter doesn't do anything too special with a dead bulb. Thanks for understanding from a customer point of view. For everyone that sees this as well don't get me wrong im not a person to go and complain but today it was embarrassing. I was on the floor in the parking lot in the cold. Not right at all. huge disappointment

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Thats a very troubling story. No customer should ever be treated this way especially the part about Peter and his workers laughing at the OP while he's trying to take out the bulb.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT|Winning Blue| OG 2.3L @ 450,000 km & counting

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With regard to the defective part:

I can see Nextmod's point of view. They need the dead bulb so they can send back to the supplier. Most companies if you need a replacement product you have to provide the defective. Just as any business, if you can not remove the defective part, and need assistance doing so, there is a fee associated.
    IT works the same way. If you go to futureshop with a defective hard drive. They say give us the defective drive and we will exchange. If the drive is still in your system, they can not give you a free drive. They can have a technician remove the drive from your system, but there is a fee associated. So you have options.

With regard to the laughing etc:
    If this is how it actually happened, that is unfortunate. However, there are always two sides to a story.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've known Peter for a while and knowing him he's a joker but this is very shocking. I hope he explains himself soon

Rare bad customer service experience you had man! Hope it all gets straightened out
    Photographer for Street Concepts online magazine
    Kaption Audio show team
    The Lowerclass

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm surprised to hear this! You would think that for a small shop such as Next Mod they would be more customer oriented seeing as this is a big factor in keeping small businesses alive IMO. I hope you and Peter resolve the issue..best of luck!

2010 Mazda 3 Sport GS - Celestial Blue
    ~6000K HID Kit~Sirius Sportser 5 Satellite Radio~Blue LED Dome Lights~Eibach Pro-Kits~Momo Shift Knob~White Emblems~Kenwood KAC-8105D~Kicker 12" CompVR~
    ~AEM Cold Air Intake~18" Enkei EKM3~6000K HID Fog Lights~Footwell lighting~Axela Badge~German Castrol Syntec 0W-30~Smoked LED Rear Reflectors~
    ~Graphite Grey Pearl Interior Trim~Alpine INA-W910 A/V Head Unit~Compustar RF-P2W901-SS~To Be Installed: Hella Horn's

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay but lets be honest here, peter is not futureshop, and as well im pretty sure these bulbs are going to the garbage. As well future shop is a huge corporation and nextmod is privately owned, when you own a business sometimes bending over backwards for the customer is the right thing to do. I own a business myself on the side of my daytime job and if i have a customer who comes in and is a LOYAL customer i would never send them out for something that doesnt take more thn 5 min of my time. Its common decency and business ethics. what drives business? customers. What keeps a business running? REPEAT CUSTOMERS AND THE PEOPLE THE SEND BACK. There is know reason why i should have been on the floor while his workers were outside laughing.

i know where your trying to go with this but not in this case sorry.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly. I hope he responds as well.

Quote Originally Posted by hyper7boy View Post
    I'm surprised to hear this! You would think that for a small shop such as Next Mod they would be more customer oriented seeing as this is a big factor in keeping small businesses alive IMO. I hope you and Peter resolve the issue..best of luck!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay but lets be honest here, peter is not futureshop, and as well im pretty sure these bulbs are going to the garbage. As well future shop is a huge corporation and nextmod is privately owned, when you own a business sometimes bending over backwards for the customer is the right thing to do. I own a business myself on the side of my daytime job and if i have a customer who comes in and is a LOYAL customer i would never send them out for something that doesnt take more thn 5 min of my time. Its common decency and business ethics. what drives business? customers. What keeps a business running? REPEAT CUSTOMERS AND THE PEOPLE THE SEND BACK. There is know reason why i should have been on the floor while his workers were outside laughing.

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post

I can see Nextmod's point of view. They need the dead bulb so they can send back to the supplier. Most companies if you need a replacement product you have to provide the defective. Just as any business, if you can not remove the defective part, and need assistance doing so, there is a fee associated.
    IT works the same way. If you go to futureshop with a defective hard drive. They say give us the defective drive and we will exchange. If the drive is still in your system, they can not give you a free drive. They can have a technician remove the drive from your system, but there is a fee associated. So you have options.

If this is how it actually happened, that is unfortunate. However, there are always two sides to a story.

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post

the bulbs are $25....if the customer has indeed spent $5000 at NextMod in the past, that's 0.5% of the total the customer has spent

for that minuscule amount, as the owner of a business, it pays to eat the cost of things like that.

SFW, you work in IT, you know that when a repeat customer has an issue where the cost is so minor compared to what the customer has spend (and WILL spend in the future), you eat the cost to make them happy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In respect to your defective product, Ami said it clearly - you need to provide the vendor with the defective part so that the vendor could send the part back to manufacturer/supplier.

in respect to the ratchet peter gave you, a ratchet or a screw driver does the trick to pop out the clips from your bumper. however, i can recognize the frustration being handed a ratchet without knowing what to do with it. perhaps you could have asked peter, kevin, or nelson which tools should be used to change out a bulb?

i strongly doubt peter would laugh at you infront of other customers. the entire nextmod team are jokers, but i do not believe they would ever insult a customer the way you described.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MajesticBlueNTO View Post
    the bulbs are $25....if the customer has indeed spent $5000 at NextMod in the past, that's 0.5% of the total the customer has spent

for that minuscule amount, as the owner of a business, it pays to eat the cost of things like that.

SFW, you work in IT, you know that when a repeat customer has an issue where the cost is so minor compared to what the customer has spend (and WILL spend in the future), you eat the cost to make them happy.
    +1

In my restuarant customers that come all the time and spend money in the restuarant we always make sure their happy...even if we have to take a loss

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am sorry, but you left out many parts of the story,
    You know we always tries to take care of you.

Whe you said you wanted the warranty, I explained to you that I would need the dead bulb back to give you a new bulb.
    You said you never took it out, I ask you to come back with the dead bulb later, an you said you don't like driving like that.

So I offered you to leave us a deposit of $10 and just come back later with the dead bulb and I will give you back the deposit, you said no cause you have no cash on you.

And I also asked you to come back on a nicer day when it warmer so we can do it out side, and again you said no cause you don't want to drive like that.

And you asked me to do the job for you, and I quoted you $20, cause its a 15-20 min job
    And then right away and asked us for the tools and said you will just take out the bulb yourself.

I am not sure why to say here
    Last edited by Nextmod; 03-03-2011 at 10:53 PM.
    www.nextmod.com
    Monday - Friday 12-8pm
    Saturday 12-5pm

290 Yorktech Dr. Unit 27 Markham Ontario email me at Jon@nextmod.com
    416-800-9139

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry if it was understood that Peter was in front laughing. The guys from the back were out in front. again dont get me wrong i as well agree that they are jokers and willing to help in general but definitely not today.

Quote Originally Posted by floodgatez View Post
    In respect to your defective product, Ami said it clearly - you need to provide the vendor with the defective part so that the vendor could send the part back to manufacturer/supplier.

in respect to the ratchet peter gave you, a ratchet or a screw driver does the trick to pop out the clips from your bumper. however, i can recognize the frustration being handed a ratchet without knowing what to do with it. perhaps you could have asked peter, kevin, or nelson which tools should be used to change out a bulb?

i strongly doubt peter would laugh at you infront of other customers. the entire nextmod team are jokers, but i do not believe they would ever insult a customer the way you described.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by AloopM3 View Post

you're right. nextmod is not futureshop. but i'm sure they had other customers there they had to accompany. changing your bulbs is service despite how much business you brought to them. if you were unhappy with the $20 peter asked you to pay, perhaps you could ask him to lower the cost? whether they are privately owned, forum sponsors, or big corporate businesses, they are still trying to run a business.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Supershyguy View Post

Whe you said you wanted the warranty, I explained to you that I would need the dead bulb back to give you a new bulb.
    You said you never took it out, I ask you to come back with the dead bulb later, an you said you don't like driving like that.

So I offered you to leave us a deposit of $10 and just come back later with the dead bulb an I will give you back the deposit, you said no cause you have no cash on you.

And I also asked you to come back on a nicer day when it warmer so we can do it out side, and again you said no cause you don't want to drive like that.

And you asked me to do the job for you, and I quoted you $20
    And then right away and asked us for the tools and said you will just take out the bulb yourself.

Do we need a judge hearing? Reading this sounds like solutions Peter would have done. OP. Unless this proves to be false case closed. He tried to give you the best service he could

Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 541 Posts
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MajesticBlueNTO View Post

no, he has sent $5000 to them from friends shopping there. He has spend over $2000.
    I have spent $2000 there, in the last 4-5 months alone, you're not that special buddy.
    What if everyone burnt out the bulb and wanted a free replacement. Do you know how many bulbs they sell?

@OP
    And I'm sorry, but what on earth were you thinking when you wanted something for free in this world? I would consider yourself lucky that he gave you the wrench. If you didn't know how to remove the light at the store.....how were you planning on removing it at home?
    Why would he absorb costs for you? Warrenties are almost always given by the company, not by the store.....

Oh, by the way, learn to use the return key to make paragraphs, it's way to hard to read your wall of text.
    Modifications? I've forgotten more than I remember. Click here for the list.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didnt offer to do it myself the guy sitting beside you near the wall told me to do it myself and handed me a ratchet. You refused to just take 5 mi out of your day to genuinely help a repeat customer. u did not offer to go out with me on a better day, you said why don't you come back on a better day and do it. Point of the situation is i felt humiliated by the way i was treated in front of the people that were there and your guys were standing out laughing. Its your business and im sure you know that there is no $20 needed for 5 min. especially when you know that i come there often and that i was just messaging you about buying pads and rotors from you next week. i just felt let down, and it shouldnt have went down like that.

So I offered you to leave us a deposit of $10 and just come back later with the dead bulb an I will give you back the deposit, you said no cause you have no cash on you.

And you asked me to do the job for you, and I quoted you $20

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by floodgatez View Post
    you're right. nextmod is not futureshop. but i'm sure they had other customers there they had to accompany. changing your bulbs is service despite how much business you brought to them. if you were unhappy with the $20 peter asked you to pay, perhaps you could ask him to lower the cost? whether they are privately owned, forum sponsors, or big corporate businesses, they are still trying to run a business.
    people are entitled to their opinions but there is a case of pot calling the kettle black here.

when you were unhappy with the colour of your rims, you didn't want to pay the full price to strip and re-coat them when that itself was a service and Quy is trying to run a business.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and I really dont understand the laughing part in your story.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You my friend are obviously not a successful business man. Money in a business is the second most important thing. Customers are first.

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    no, he has sent $5000 to them from friends shopping there. He has spend over $2000.
    I have spent $2000 there, in the last 4-5 months alone, you're not that special buddy.
    What if everyone burnt out the bulb and wanted a free replacement. Do you know how many bulbs they sell?

@OP
    And I'm sorry, but what on earth were you thinking when you wanted something for free in this world? I would consider yourself lucky that he gave you the wrench. If you didn't know how to remove the light at the store.....how were you planning on removing it at home?
    Why would he absorb costs for you? Warrenties are almost always given by the company, not by the store.....

Oh, by the way, learn to use the return key to make paragraphs, it's way to hard to read your wall of text.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And you asked me to do the job for you, and I quoted you $20, cause its a 15-20 min job
    You not think if he spent that much money at your store you could have done it without charging him $20 labour??
    I spent overall about $2000.00
    Last edited by aris; 03-04-2011 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and I really dont understand the laughing part in your story.
    I don't either. You laugh at me and I don't take insult. Your probably laughing at your numerous YouTube videos you post hahah

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank You. i did it in 5 min with no lift and never doing it before. i buy all my things at nextmod and allways refer nextmod. i would expect a little customer care one time that i asked for help.

Quote Originally Posted by aris View Post
    You not think if he spent that much money at your store you could have done it without charging him $20 labour??

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast