Quote Originally Posted by Destarah View Post
Before posting this reply I did a thread search for "2012" and read every post it found ... apparently no one else has asked about doing the following.

2012 GS Sky
Original fitment
Wheels - 16x6.5
Tires - 205/55/16
stock suspension (no plans to lower)

I would like buy some new rims to make use of some old Eagle F1 tires that I have in storage ... 225/50/16 ... was running them on my '85 Firebird with 16x8 rims a few years back.

I have found these which as far as I can tell are the only 16x7.5 rims available in Canada. Luckily I like them, but is the 40 offset going to be an issue?
My wife will not tolerate clearance issues, this is her daily driver.

If anyone has access to other 16x7.5 options I would love to see them.

According to my limited research thus far, Mazda does not recommended exceeding 7.5" width on the rim (I have a lifetime warranty on the powertrain and don't want to give them any excuses) Should I be worried in that regard?

Any thoughts / suggestions appreciated

Dan
You will be fine for clearance, from another thread I read you can do...
7.5 with a 25mm offset
8" with a 35mm offset
8.5" with a 38mm offset
9.5 with a 42mm offset
They claim these won't poke, and but you will be flush, so anything with a smaller offset, (higher number) you should be fine. The stock offset is somewhere around 50 I believe, you can enter your specs on willitfit.ca and it will tell you how much further your wheels will poke or not poke.