Thread: Dream Tire - a dream!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Dream Tire - a dream!

Hey Guys

Some of you know - I hit a massive pothole on the 427 Sunday night. Blew out my winter rim, Car Shaking, Slightly pulling to one side.

I took the afternoon off to get the car looked at.

I took it to Dream Tire - First time, I was a bit nervous.

My experience:

Its right across from Appleby Go station, in Burlington. Easy to find and get to! A+

I walk in the door. It's got some crazy tiles, lighting, Rims everywhere. I could eat of the floor, and it smells REALLY nice. First thought: Oh... this is gonna be expensive.

Behind the counter, Youngish guy, Professional. Gives me a verbal quote for a bunch of work: "about 200 bucks" I thought it was a BIT much, but wait till the end before you judge.

I tell him what happened - He comes out, looks at my car - He is afraid that it pushed a wheel back and may have bent some control arms. He says he'll put it on the lift and check it out. I ask him how much it'd cost - No cost!

So they lift it up - I watch from the door - (It stays locked)
    so 3 guys swarm the bottom of my car, start poking around, trying to shake stuff, and keep coming back to my back swaybar. They invite me in, show me around, The sway bar connector is bent. They say it MIGHT make the car pull slightly, or maybe slightly uneven wear - They cna order the part, but they told me Mazda may be a better option - Honesty - I like it.

I weigh the cons - Leave it as is. I let them know that i was actually really worried about the front Driver side - as thats the one that hit the hardest. He takes a measuring tape, and measures all the components that he can - Not even a milimeter off. I escaped without serious damage.

So I got an Aligntment, Rims balanced (with a Roadforce balancer) and the Hub Centric Rings put in. Come to checkout, its 176 tax included, paid via VISA (it wasn't a cash discount)

Is it the BEST price? Probably fairly close. Online wants 26 dollars + shipping + tax for the wrings, then I have to take all the wheels off, no torque wrench etc. They did it. My valuation: 40 bucks. Alignment (4 wheel) cost - Cheap place... 60 bucks,... average place... 100 bucks. They had to work at it, and they got it only one unit (.1 degrees?) away from Green Spec tolerance... and i'm lowered. Altech didn't get it even close.

And the best part - For the last 50k... I've had a slight wobble in the steering wheel - Its driven me NUTS. I've got rims installed at Simply, Wobbled slightly from day one. Rebalanced at oakville mazda, Alignment at Oakville Mazda, Alignment at Altech... no resolution. Balance and alightment at Dream Tire... WOBBLE IS GONE!

Oh, back to the location - Did I mention that they have a JITZ table? (foosball for you mungecake people like me) Yeah. And a sound system that sounds like a club. lol. So yes.

Final verdict:

Customer satisfaction - PERFECT
    Price, 8/10. Could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else, but not as good a job.

You get what you pay for, and I'm glad I paid for their services!

Ride
    Mazda 6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Dream Tire - a dream!

Thats good to hear, I drove by this place manny times and always wondered about their service and prices.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DREAM TIRE IS SHIT!!! A bunch of incompetent techs who have no idea how to respect other peoples property. I have dealt with them over the years and heard MANY horror stories. The have two shops, so they drive your car back and forth without your permission or even letting you know. Richard claims they do work on all high end cars, but the truth of the matter is they have not in the past two years because people have heard of the work they do. The last time i took my car their ROD took my car for a delivery? He put 20kms on it and thinks i wouldn’t notice. When i asked him he lied and said he didn’t (the odometer doesn’t lie you fool!). Burlington tire and auto down the street has WAY BETTER customer service and actually works on high end cars (drive by any day and take a look). You have been told, DO NOT GO TO DREAM TIRE. Take it to an actual shop where you get your car back the way you left it!

Ride
    Peugeot SS
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol spam much? First post on this site..

Quote Originally Posted by john_the tire man View Post
    DREAM TIRE IS SHIT!!! A bunch of incompetent techs who have no idea how to respect other peoples property. I have dealt with them over the years and heard MANY horror stories. The have two shops, so they drive your car back and forth without your permission or even letting you know. Richard claims they do work on all high end cars, but the truth of the matter is they have not in the past two years because people have heard of the work they do. The last time i took my car their ROD took my car for a delivery? He put 20kms on it and thinks i wouldn’t notice. When i asked him he lied and said he didn’t (the odometer doesn’t lie you fool!). Burlington tire and auto down the street has WAY BETTER customer service and actually works on high end cars (drive by any day and take a look). You have been told, DO NOT GO TO DREAM TIRE. Take it to an actual shop where you get your car back the way you left it!
    NO CREW

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Which tire shop do you work for John?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hahahaha man I'm still laughing at that post!!

Very nice write up, but was it 200 before or after taxes?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t work for a shop, just stating the facts

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t work for a shop, just stating the facts
    That's fine. Which shop though? If you are bashing one shop and suggesting your own shop instead even if the facts ARE true, your credibility goes out the window. Just sayin'.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwp_sedan View Post
    That's fine. Which shop though? If you are bashing one shop and suggesting your own shop instead even if the facts ARE true, your credibility goes out the window. Just sayin'.
    +1
    2007 Mazda 3 GS Electric Blue
    Mods: 20% tints around, 17"Tenzo Type M flat black, VG Sharkfin Antenna, Eibach Prokit, Eibach Camber Kit, Vibrant STB, Angel Eyes, Axela Badge, Mazdaspeed Catback Exhaust, blacked out emblems, Nextmod front GV lip, Nextmod Rear Flares., 8000K HID, Aftermarket Fogs, Koni Yellows, Carbon Creations Carbon Fiber Hood.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For cwp_sedan - I dont spin wrenches and you can take your car to ANY shop you wish.

I am just a concerned mazda owner who does not want others to go through the pain i went through dealing with Dream Tire. If you think i have some other prerogative, than disregard my post. Take your car to Dream Tire and find out for yourself, heck if they dont mess it up i will pay for your bill and become their next spokesperson.

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For cwp_sedan - I dont spin wrenches and you can take your car to ANY shop you wish.

I am just a concerned mazda owner who does not want others to go through the pain i went through dealing with Dream Tire. If you think i have some other prerogative, than disregard my post. Take your car to Dream Tire and find out for yourself, heck if they dont mess it up i will pay for your bill and become their next spokesperson.
    Nope that's good enough for me. Thanks for lookin' out.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hrm... It looks like they learned from their mistake... They let me know that their alignment machine was at their other shop. There was 12km on my car, which I expected, as they test drove the car to ensure there was no wobbles.

My personal experience was very good. I'll remember warning John, but even your screen name is suspect...