Thread: Price for Synthetic Oil Change at Mazda Dealer

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Price for Synthetic Oil Change at Mazda Dealer

Hi there,

MoT just quoted me $100+ for Synthetic Oil change - I am at my 16K right now.
    and $34 for winter tires swap to summers.
    Looks a bit pricy to me...

I did my search but couldn't find much in terms of exact price and dealership names - so can you post what you pay for your Synthetic Oil change at your GTA dealer please? And name of the dealership as well.

And I know it's cheaper at local shops - I will switch after my warranty is up.

Thank you.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Price for Synthetic Oil Change at Mazda Dealer

buy your own synthetic when it goes on sale.. and bring it in.

Regardless of dealer, it will be cheaper to bring your own.
    Damn you photobucket.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you got to MOT, i suggest you go to Jimmy's. Like if you buy your own oil like jeff said and it goes on sale ($30ish) + bring in the oil filter from dealer ($10ish) + $20 for oil change from jimmy it'd be $60

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sochi View Post
    Hi there,

I did my search but couldn't find much in terms of exact price and dealership names - so can you post what you pay for your Synthetic Oil change at your GTA dealer please? And name of the dealership as well.

Thank you.
    If you buy your own synthetic oil and bring it, the dealer should just be charging you their price for a regular 8K service that includes oil and filter change, minus the cost of the oil that is built into that price. I think an 8K service that includes the oil and filter change (tire rotatation not included) at Mazda is $34.95. The cost of the oil that should be deducted off that price is like $6.00.

Also, you live in Aurora. Why would you take the car to MOT for service? Jeff at MOT and Joe in parts are awesome, but their service department leaves a lot to be desired. You have Dave Wood Mazda close by in Newmarket and they are an improvement over MOT where dealer service is concerned. Then of course, you have Jimmy at Street Performance in Markham, who I can'tsay enough good things about.
    - Courtesy of Unoriginalusername
    "Friends don't let friends, apex early."- unknown
    2008.5 Black Mica Mazdaspeed3
    2005 Titanium Grey, 5spd, GT Sport Hatch

Ride
    2017 Mercedes Benz C43
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you bring your own oil, any garage should able to do it. Why pay a premium at the dealership?
    We drive a Mazda 3, not a BMW M3....
    Oil change and your warranty is not related....why wait til it expires?

Dealer charge 95-105$ + tax for Syn Oil
    Jimmy charge $60 flat.

Your choice.
    1994 Mazda MX-6 Mystere - SOLD
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3 - SOLD
    2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - SOLD

BYE MAZDA

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mountain Mazda charges $60 (plus taxes an enviro).
    Total - $70.
    2016 Mazda CX-5 GS
    Meteor Grey Mica

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CFX View Post
    Mountain Mazda charges $60 (plus taxes an enviro).
    Total - $70.
    If I am not mistaken, QEW Mazda charges around the same range... I believe $80 (plus taxes)

Jr Member
    Ride
    2011 Honda CR-V
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obviously prices can change...but here is what I have paid at different places at different times...dates and mileage are included. Walmart was pretty much cheapest for both oil and filter unless u buy the oil on sale. MOT was by far the most expensive...Maybe different prices for different customers.

Avante was good and not too expensive also their also not far from your place. They also let me know about some of the recalls and performed some of the TSB work so cant complain about them.

3/10/2011 Oil & Filter Change 25.00 Street Performance (Brought my own oil, Jimmy gave me a filter - first time visiting Jimmy - Very good experience)
    8/20/2009 Oil change & filter 110.67 Mazda of Toronto 92280
    2/16/2010 Oil change & filter 69.66 Walmart 104575
    6/26/2010 Oil change & Filter 79.04 Walmart 115953
    7/30/2010 Oil change & filter 73.72 Walmart 121577 (Their oil and filter)
    10/13/2010 Oil change & filter 20.70 Five Star Auto Service 127508 (Good Experience - own filter and oil)
    1/14/2011 Oil change & filter 77.71 Avante Mazda 134053 (Good Experience)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ismail_alikhan View Post
    Obviously prices can change...but here is what I have paid at different places at different times...dates and mileage are included. Walmart was pretty much cheapest for both oil and filter unless u buy the oil on sale. MOT was by far the most expensive...Maybe different prices for different customers.

Avante was good and not too expensive also their also not far from your place. They also let me know about some of the recalls and performed some of the TSB work so cant complain about them.

3/10/2011 Oil & Filter Change 25.00 Street Performance (Brought my own oil, Jimmy gave me a filter - first time visiting Jimmy - Very good experience)
    8/20/2009 Oil change & filter 110.67 Mazda of Toronto 92280
    2/16/2010 Oil change & filter 69.66 Walmart 104575
    6/26/2010 Oil change & Filter 79.04 Walmart 115953
    7/30/2010 Oil change & filter 73.72 Walmart 121577 (Their oil and filter)
    10/13/2010 Oil change & filter 20.70 Five Star Auto Service 127508 (Good Experience - own filter and oil)
    1/14/2011 Oil change & filter 77.71 Avante Mazda 134053 (Good Experience)
    That's really good.

I guess MoT has really good pricing on parts, but I am not sure about service. I recall they had the cheapest struts for my 3, and by a good $10 each. Not too bad.

Guess, if you're tight on budget, then you're gonna have to look a bit more than just the dealership convenience, as great as it can be (or sometime's not).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

Thank you.
    At Direct Mazda for TM3 members synthetic oil changes are $69.95 + tax. As for the tire change over, if you do it with a service it is $19.95 + tax or $24.95 + tax on it's own.

Regards,
    Dave Smith
    Service Manager
    Direct Mazda
    905-812-8882

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Direct Mazda Service View Post
    At Direct Mazda for TM3 members synthetic oil changes are $69.95 + tax. As for the tire change over, if you do it with a service it is $19.95 + tax or $24.95 + tax on it's own.

Regards,
    Thanks Dave. To also answer and help the OP, can you list what you would charge someone for an 8K service (without tire rotation) if they bring their own synthetic oil? And also the price for just an oil and filter change if the customer brings their own synthetic oil.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom Zoom Boy View Post
    Thanks Dave. To also answer and help the OP, can you list what you would charge someone for an 8K service (without tire rotation) if they bring their own synthetic oil? And also the price for just an oil and filter change if the customer brings their own synthetic oil.
    8K & LOF's are the same service they will be $29.95 + tax if you bring your own oil, if you bring your own oil and filter it will be $23.95 + tax

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi there,

Thank you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Direct Mazda Service View Post

Regards,
    Not sure who quoted you $100, but I just checked with our service dept and Mazda Canada's promo on synthetic oil changes is $69.95 as Dave mentioned above.

Tire swap, YMMV.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-TheBiz View Post
    Not sure who quoted you $100, but I just checked with our service dept and Mazda Canada's promo on synthetic oil changes is $69.95 as Dave mentioned above.

Tire swap, YMMV.
    Jeff, thanks for clarifying this. I will print your post and bring it with me
    So far I haven't had any issues MOT and this is the most convenient option for me on Saturdays so I will be back there as long as prices are on par.

And thank you to everyone who posted - I got the picture now.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just took my car in for service at Airport Mazda and they indicated the cost for an oil change for the Mazda3 is now $74.99 up from $59.99. This apparently changed in December across all Mazda dealerships. Is this true?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mazda of Brampton is $70-ish.
    I don't have the room to do my own tire rotation so I go to Bodykit Warhouse and they charge me $20 cash.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been bringing my Mazda3 to MofT for the first 3 years of its life, and the $90+ oil change actually involves tire rotation. So if you're bringing your own set of winter wheels (not just tires, but tires mounted to winter rims), I don't see why it should cost additional money.

But plain oil change without tire rotation was high $60, possibly $69.

Revisit MofT with another advisor, or once again, and make sure both you and the advisor are clear on what's being quoted.

PS. Last oil change I did at a small garage near my house, for convenience. He used genuine mazda filter and 0W20 synthetic oil, and the cost was $65 or $67 plus tax - pretty much the same.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jofu89 View Post
    I just took my car in for service at Airport Mazda and they indicated the cost for an oil change for the Mazda3 is now $74.99 up from $59.99. This apparently changed in December across all Mazda dealerships. Is this true?
    Good old minimum wage hike rearing it's ugly head again.... ;-)

Lots of restaurants have already started. I have heard some people mention that Mr Lube prices have gone up as well. Gotta love inflation. Bank of Canada will be raising rates again in another week or so...good times ahead.

I used to do syn oil changes at the dealer while under warranty and they were around $65 all-in. Now I take my oil jugs I bug on sale and filter to Jimmy.

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who are clamoring for minimum wage increase do not think about consequences. Do they think companies will pay them out of their own profits?

They don't realize that prices will go up, and the consumer ends up paying more. At the end of the day - you make more and yet you pay more (you can also lose paid breaks and other perks).

Bottom line - don't rely on minimum wage job to carry you. Plan for the future. Don't be stupid in school.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gta_driver View Post
    People who are clamoring for minimum wage increase do not think about consequences. Do they think companies will pay them out of their own profits?

They don't realize that prices will go up, and the consumer ends up paying more. At the end of the day - you make more and yet you pay more (you can also lose paid breaks and other perks).

Bottom line - don't rely on minimum wage job to carry you. Plan for the future. Don't be stupid in school.
    Not to knock that last line of reasoning, but both my brother and I were HORRIBLE in school. He dropped out in grade 9 and I just got my 30 credits in 2000. But we both have good paying jobs. Yes we both started out at $10/hr, but I am at the same place 13 years later making almost $30/hr, and my brother is making more than that.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by krash3 View Post
    Not to knock that last line of reasoning, but both my brother and I were HORRIBLE in school. He dropped out in grade 9 and I just got my 30 credits in 2000. But we both have good paying jobs. Yes we both started out at $10/hr, but I am at the same place 13 years later making almost $30/hr, and my brother is making more than that.
    Yeah, that line doesn't apply to everyone, I realize that. Circumstances force many to work and they start out at min wage - just don't plan on living off it for the rest of your life - as in, plan in some way to get out of it, grow in responsibility, grow in the job, etc... Get into trades or some skilled labour, a possible option. Even a general labourer in construction, which doesn't require much compared to an electrician apprentice, can make double the min wage in a few years.

Min wage increases have decent short-term benefits, for the most part, but eventually it all works out to the same. Prices go up and everyone keeps paying more.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gta_driver View Post
    Yeah, that line doesn't apply to everyone, I realize that. Circumstances force many to work and they start out at min wage - just don't plan on living off it for the rest of your life - as in, plan in some way to get out of it, grow in responsibility, grow in the job, etc... Get into trades or some skilled labour, a possible option. Even a general labourer in construction, which doesn't require much compared to an electrician apprentice, can make double the min wage in a few years.

Min wage increases have decent short-term benefits, for the most part, but eventually it all works out to the same. Prices go up and everyone keeps paying more.
    Don't blame price increases on wage increases alone. Unless you've had your head in the sand, you would have noticed prices going up no matter and on everything. There are alot of factors which come into play. Wages for the most part have not kept up with inflation, not even close, and for decades and especially the minimum wage. Do some actual study on it instead of simply listening to propaganda in the media, whom btw are controlled by none other then the elites, the very ones who want you to believe wage increases will make things worse. I ran a couple of small businesses in the past, so I know the effect of the increases can have on a small business, but I want to emphasis SMALL, as most others would not really feel any pain. From people I know that presently have such businesses, it is other factures that hurt the most such as tax increases, gas, hydro etc...all keep increasing with no end. Minimum wage jobs I agree with you should be considered stepping stones, but should those people also be forced to live on meagre earnings? ..I personally think not.

_3

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Flagrum_3 For This Useful Post:

Milan96 (01-11-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    Don't blame price increases on wage increases alone. Unless you've had your head in the sand, you would have noticed prices going up no matter and on everything. There are alot of factors which come into play. Wages for the most part have not kept up with inflation, not even close, and for decades and especially the minimum wage. Do some actual study on it instead of simply listening to propaganda in the media, whom btw are controlled by none other then the elites, the very ones who want you to believe wage increases will make things worse. I ran a couple of small businesses in the past, so I know the effect of the increases can have on a small business, but I want to emphasis SMALL, as most others would not really feel any pain. From people I know that presently have such businesses, it is other factures that hurt the most such as tax increases, gas, hydro etc...all keep increasing with no end. Minimum wage jobs I agree with you should be considered stepping stones, but should those people also be forced to live on meagre earnings? ..I personally think not.

_3
    You put that all perfectly. Tons of studys are out there showing the increase in society's overall well being when the minimum wage is increased. If wages even just kept up with inflation alone, and we don't even consider the huge increases in productive technology, the minimum wage should be at LEAST $14... Glad to see others on this forum still believe in facts lol.

Also funny how a thread on synthetic oil prices turned into a conversation on how the rich control the media. Lol

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Milan96 For This Useful Post:

Flagrum_3 (01-13-2018)

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i would try calling other dealers. our price at hyundai went up last spring as the cost of oil went up in 2016 and we could not wait to put it up anymore .but its not going up cuz of min wage. sounds like BS to me
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut