Thread: iPhone 5 Sept Release. Possible iPhone 6 first half of 2012? Rumours still?

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default iPhone 5 Sept Release. Possible iPhone 6 first half of 2012? Rumours still?

I was hoping for some significant changes but it looks like I'll probably be getting the 5. I just can't wait another 6+ months for the 6 to come out.

Mass production of Apple's A5-, Qualcomm-powered iPhone 5 rumored for Sept.

Apple's iPhone 5 will feature "slight modifications" from its predecessor, including an 8 megapixel rear camera and a Qualcomm baseband for both GSM and CDMA models, and will go into production in September, a new report claims.

Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo with Concord Securities issued a note on Monday offering alleged details of the next iPhone. His checks with supply chain sources indicated that the next handset from Apple will not feature an all-new-design, but rather only "slight modifications" from the iPhone 4.

Specifically, Kuo has heard that the iPhone 5 will include the faster A5 processor already found in the iPad 2, as well as a higher resolution 8 megapixel rear camera. He has also been told that Apple will switch to a Qualcomm baseband for both GSM and CDMA models, along with an improved antenna design.

Kuo has also been told that the new iPhone will go into trial production in August and mass production in September, allowing Apple to reach shipment volumes of between 28 million and 32 million units this year. That would align with previous reports that have indicated Apple plans to make its new iPhone available for sale later than usual this year, likely in Apple's next fiscal year beginning in October.

The earthquake and tsunami disaster have reportedly resulted in constrained supplies for Apple, which plans to focus components toward building the new iPhone 5 later this year. As a result of those component shortages, Kuo said to not be surprised if a new fifth-generation iPod touch is not announced as usual in September this year.

Kuo's report also presumes that Apple will unveil its fifth-generation iPhone at this year's Worldwide Developers Conference, scheduled for June 6 through 10 in San Francisco. However, other reports have indicated that Apple does not plan to introduce any new hardware at this year's event, choosing instead to focus on iOS 5 and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion software.

In addition, if Kuo's information about production in September is correct, it is highly unlikely that Apple would announce a new iPhone in June, three months before the device is even scheduled to be built in large quantities.

Regardless, Kuo said he believes the "main selling point" of the iPhone 5, due to its similar design to the iPhone 4, will be the new iOS 5 mobile operating system. Kuo expects a more dramatic hardware change to the iPhone in 2012 when the presumed sixth-generation model will arrive.

Kuo said he has heard that Apple plans a new design and greatly improved hardware specifications for the sixth-generation iPhone. Sources have also indicated that the device could go on sale in the first half of 2012, an earlier-than-usual date due to "fierce competition" with Google's Android mobile platform.

In January, Kuo correctly claimed that Apple's iPad 2 would feature the same 1024-by-768-pixel display as the first-generation iPad, and that it would use the same cameras as the iPod touch, which are of lower quality than the iPhone 4.

Kuo also said in March that Apple was set to begin production of the white iPhone 4 and ship the device in April. Last week, numerous reports confirmed that Apple will make the white iPhone 4 available for sale in the "next few weeks."
    http://www.appleinsider.com/articles...for_sept_.html

Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: iPhone 5 Sept Release. Possible iPhone 6 first half of 2012? Rumours still?

Smoother OS experience at the cost of battery life =/

Personally, I was kinda hoping for a some sort of ipad3 news but that won't happen for another year apparently

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: iPhone 5 Sept Release. Possible iPhone 6 first half of 2012? Rumours still?

All sounds promising. Though I might just wait it out for the iPhone 6 if this guy is indeed correct. As much as I want an iPhone 4 at this time my HUP is ineligible I think til 2012 anyways.
    Custom Signature designed by PCLoadLetter
    2008.5 Galaxy Grey Mazda 3 GS
    Mods to date:18" RX-8 Rims~*~Axela Badge~*~Mazda3 logo above glovebox~*~LED Third Brake Light and Side Markers~*~Progress Rear Sway Bar~*~Eibach Pro-Kits~*~PRM Intake~*~Purple Interior + Footwell Lights~*~Purple Calipers with Mazda 3 decals~*~Purple Angel Eyes~*~Purple lug nuts~*~35% Solarguard Tint~*~VG Sharkfin~*~8000k HIDs~*~
    Look for the new and improved TM3 Times coming April 1st!!!! New Year, New Times!

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by She_Prime View Post
    All sounds promising. Though I might just wait it out for the iPhone 6 if this guy is indeed correct. As much as I want an iPhone 4 at this time my HUP is ineligible I think til 2012 anyways.
    I'm still crawling along with my 3G so I don't think I can wait another year for a new phone. I'm already a year past when I should have got my last replacement. Ultimately I would prefer to wait for the 6 but I just don't see it happening.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cwp_sedan View Post
    I'm still crawling along with my 3G so I don't think I can wait another year for a new phone. I'm already a year past when I should have got my last replacement. Ultimately I would prefer to wait for the 6 but I just don't see it happening.
    Then get a 4 now, and get a 6 in a year or so. I screwed myself out of the 4 because I had a 3G and upgraded to a 3Gs four months before the iPhone 4 release.

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This seems like good news for people already with iPhone 4.

But honestly, being an iphone user the battery life sucks so bad. I charge twice a day.
    2010 Dyno Blue Honda Civic Si

LED HEADLIGHT KIT: Link
    HID Slim Kits 2015: Link
    Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/importstuning

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by She_Prime View Post
    Then get a 4 now, and get a 6 in a year or so. I screwed myself out of the 4 because I had a 3G and upgraded to a 3Gs four months before the iPhone 4 release.

+1

It really sounds like a very small incremental upgrade for the 5... If you can get a reasonable price on a 4 I would get it and then do the major upgrade to the 6. I think you will get better value in the long run

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sp3GT View Post
    This seems like good news for people already with iPhone 4.

But honestly, being an iphone user the battery life sucks so bad. I charge twice a day.
    You must be a heavy user then? I have the Motorola Atrix (With the dual core CPU) and I have to charge every two days or so... And I'm definitely a heavy user. Maybe your batt is pooched

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am planning to pick up a second device, to keep my primary BB for work only. I was considering the iphone, but instead am looking at the Samsung Galaxy SII.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ Hardware looks nice, but Samsung is notoriously bad for taking forever and a day to release software updates/upgrades for anything other than their marquee phone, ie. Nexus S

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm still crawling along with my 3G so I don't think I can wait another year for a new phone. ... Ultimately I would prefer to wait for the 6 but I just don't see it happening.
    +1
    Warning!!!
    A STAGE#5 POST WHORE IN TRAINING...

2004 GT Arctic White :: Manual 2.3 ::
    SRI | HID | Moustache

Thanks
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im still stuck with the 1st gen 16g iPhone LOL...

Ill probably will get this one this september for my bday LOL...But i was thinking if the rumours of 6 months after iphone 6 is gonna be out..or lets say even after a year it comes out....then me buying iPhone 5 is a waste?
    Click to see Her!!!!
    @Mazdy - Instagram
    Official Team IG - @TeamEndlessPossibilities

2013 Mazdaspeed 3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mazdy View Post
    Im still stuck with the 1st gen 16g iPhone LOL...

Ill probably will get this one this september for my bday LOL...But i was thinking if the rumours of 6 months after iphone 6 is gonna be out..or lets say even after a year it comes out....then me buying iPhone 5 is a waste?
    no point really. if you can wait that long, then I would wait. For me, my phone is becoming very slow and time consuming to use, so I might just buy an iPhone 4 for cheap, and use my HUP to get a 6.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by n00bMeiSter View Post
    no point really. if you can wait that long, then I would wait. For me, my phone is becoming very slow and time consuming to use, so I might just buy an iPhone 4 for cheap, and use my HUP to get a 6.
    At present they aren't cheap unless you take over someone's contract. Perhaps when the iphone5 comes out they will drop in price. However, do not expect a drastic drop, even the iphone 3GS has a high resale value at present.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    At present they aren't cheap unless you take over someone's contract. Perhaps when the iphone5 comes out they will drop in price. However, do not expect a drastic drop, even the iphone 3GS has a high resale value at present.
    Really? That's incredibly lame....
    Another reason I really dislike apple products. They are always way over priced, and never come down in price, even when obsolete :/

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably just get an iPhone 5 and then grab a 7 or whatever it's going to be called.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll probably just get an iPhone 5 and then grab a 7 or whatever it's going to be called.
    Can you live with terrible battery life for 2 years?

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can you live with terrible battery life for 2 years?
    I charge my phone twice a day now and have for the past 6-8 months...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I charge my phone twice a day now and have for the past 6-8 months...
    Oh, bummer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For people wondering about news on iPad 3, it will be coming out next year with Retina display. I've been telling everyone since January that this year is what I like to call "The year of the refresh" for Apple (iPad 2 minor changes, iPhone 5 minor changes, etc).

The iPhone 5 release date doesnt really have anything to do with Japan or anything else going on but simply due to the January release of the iPhone 4 on Verizon and the less then a week away release of the iPhone 4 in white (not sure about Canadian carriers). This was determined long before the Japan earthquake.
    Quote Originally Posted by o0aZuMi0o View Post
    What else can I get for ladies other than Spa/Nails gift card??
    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    a cooking apron?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the 3G. If the next iPhone is a refresh, I'll wait for the next one or consider an Android. My contract is up in Feb.

I'm interested in the NFC (Near Field Communication).

Best time to buy an Apple product is when it comes out. Or just stay away from Apple... lol

2009 Mazda 3 GS Metro Gray Automatic

Ride
    2015 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its all rumours which mean it will prb be delayed til Spring of 2012....

other reports have indicated that Apple does not plan to introduce any new hardware at this year's event, choosing instead to focus on iOS 5 and Mac OS X 10.7 Lion software.