Thread: Mazda Maintenance schedule does not list transmission fluid change interval

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda Maintenance schedule does not list transmission fluid change interval

What is the transmission fluid change interval for 2007 Mazda 3 GT (2.3L) Automatic?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda Maintenance schedule does not list transmission fluid change interval

Out of curiosity what are the intervals for power steering flush and fuel filter flush. Considering I have never done either and have 170,000KM on my 2007 should I consider?

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda Maintenance schedule does not list transmission fluid change interval

Approx 48k/24mths for preventative maintenance. You might be able to get away with a little more but you don't want to push it. Maybe 60-75k at the most.

You can go a little longer without changing the fluid if you have a manual transmission.

Quote Originally Posted by New2Mazda View Post
    Out of curiosity what are the intervals for power steering flush and fuel filter flush. Considering I have never done either and have 170,000KM on my 2007 should I consider?
    If the PS fluid is dirty, change it. I would change it anyway since you have so many kms on the car.

As for the fuel filter, it won't need changing since it's in the fuel tank along with a strainer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is there a particular grade of Transmission oil for the Mazda 3? Or would the regular grade work?

Thanks
    Galaxy Grey 07 Sport GT
    | DAMD Lip | 6000K HIDs | Yellow Fogs + Lamin-X | Angle Eyes | SharkFin | AEM CAI | CF insert | Magnaflow Exhaust | Aluminum Pedals | Subwoofer | Smoked Reflectors | Eibach ProKits |

Hg

Ride
    2010 Mazda 3 GT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hgmahaha View Post
    Is there a particular grade of Transmission oil for the Mazda 3? Or would the regular grade work?

Thanks
    Page 10-5 in your owner's manual. Link to owner's manuals: http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...Manuals-Online

Ride
    2012 F-350 6.7L
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you talk to any Mazda tech that has been for Mazda for over 5 years. They would probably tell you every 48-50K for tranyy serrvice. Either Manual or auto

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have manual and the service department told me I will need my tranny fluid done next oil change @ 59k

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by grex View Post
    I have manual and the service department told me I will need my tranny fluid done next oil change @ 59k
    According to Mazda and our owner's manuals Automatic transmissions require fluid changes at 100k or 5years.Manual transmissions have no specified mileage or date~That is official.But saying that, in both cases but especially with the automatics you'd want to change it out more often, has they seem to run hot.So for 'preventative' reasons maybe every 50k and time would not be an issue.For the standard transmissions, although they are sealed units and do not require maintenence, but for the same reason i.e. preventative maintenance; I would suggest changing at the latest 50k and to a superior synthetic gear oil (like Redline for intsance) and from then on every 100k.

_3

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FYI: I changed out my (manual) tranny fluid at 66k and it looked brand new. Mind you, I have no idea what it would look like at 300k, but just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone considering it. I'm sure i'll notice it pay off in the winter...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
    FYI: I changed out my (manual) tranny fluid at 66k and it looked brand new. Mind you, I have no idea what it would look like at 300k, but just thought I'd throw that out there for anyone considering it. I'm sure i'll notice it pay off in the winter...
    Of course it's going to 'look' brand new at that mileage but you have to think 'Metal filings', which you cannot see, but sometimes can feel.These metal filings are pretty typical and the main reason for an early gear oil change on a standard transmission.Also I cannot stress how important changing to synthetic is, as it will help immensely in the longevity of the components.

_3

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    Of course it's going to 'look' brand new at that mileage but you have to think 'Metal filings', which you cannot see, but sometimes can feel.These metal filings are pretty typical and the main reason for an early gear oil change on a standard transmission.Also I cannot stress how important changing to synthetic is, as it will help immensely in the longevity of the components.
    Yup, I know. Hard to tell what metal filings drained out without a magnetic drain plug. I'm just saying I was very surprised by the oil's appearance (as was the mechanic).

I noticed no difference going to the synthetic fluid, which is why I said it would probably pay off come winter, when I usually get 2nd gear grind when it's still cold. (I'm sure it's working behind the scenes tho).

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by -cj- View Post
    Yup, I know. Hard to tell what metal filings drained out without a magnetic drain plug. I'm just saying I was very surprised by the oil's appearance (as was the mechanic).

I noticed no difference going to the synthetic fluid, which is why I said it would probably pay off come winter, when I usually get 2nd gear grind when it's still cold. (I'm sure it's working behind the scenes tho).
    I just changed out my tranny oil recently also.I'm at 155k so I had 100k+ on this oil since the original change.It was still 'like new' clean and I felt some of the oil between my fingers and felt nothing.I used Redline.Thing is with synthetic, you may not always feel anything right off the bat, but you will when it gets cold out, that is for sure! Plus you have the comfort of knowing your tranny is well protected, much better then using conventional oil.

_3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I recently switched from stock to Redline MTL on my 2010 Sport 5MT (@ 20,000km) and I noticed an improvement in shifting, but it was not instantaneous. Improvements seemed to happen gradually over time. I am now close to 2000km's after the switch, and I find that when the car has sat overnight, the shifting is ok (still a bit notchy and not always smooth - like with stock) when first heading out. However, after driving for a bit, the shifting becomes fantastic! I'm guessing this is from the oil warming up a bit and getting everything all wet and lubed again. I have noticed shift improvements from 1 to 2 and going into reverse. I'm curious to see how MTL performs in the fall and winter when the temps drop off.

Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    I just changed out my tranny oil recently also.I'm at 155k so I had 100k+ on this oil since the original change.It was still 'like new' clean and I felt some of the oil between my fingers and felt nothing.I used Redline.Thing is with synthetic, you may not always feel anything right off the bat, but you will when it gets cold out, that is for sure! Plus you have the comfort of knowing your tranny is well protected, much better then using conventional oil.

_3

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is cheap preventative maintenance to change the fluid. Might as well because it is much cheaper than replacing a transmission.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just changed the AT oil on my brother's 2.3 GT and it was dark after 130K. This was his first AT oil change. I've never seen the AT oil this dark and he babies his car... In my experience, 50K is a good interval to change AT, if driving aggressively then even at 25-30K is better.... Main cause of AT failures is oil breakdown due to excessive temperature (that burnt smell)...
    '04 GTFX with lots of body shop experience - baaah, no mo.......