Thread: Mazda of Toronto

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda of Toronto

I bought my car new from Mazda of Toronto in 2009. I was helped by a sales associate who had a whole desk of awards. I'll just use initials R.K.

After buying my car, I never got a welcome package. The sales associate would not return my calls when I asked about the welcome package (which my friends who bought their mazdas new got.)

I'm glad I didnt buy the extended warranty that they were trying to scare me into, because it's been 2.5 years and the car is running without a cough. Great car!

Lastly, after my first 8000KM the tech I spoke with who handled my case made me get Tire Rotations! He had me convinced it's good practice to rotate them in the begining so that it keeps the vehicle balanced to help it break in. What a load of horse crap that was.

To say the least I never went back to them after that. I never even got a call or message regarding the recall on the Steering Wheel and the Washer Wipers. So I am disappointed in Mazda for not following through on this (I'm sure everyone has their own experience, but this was my bad experience).

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zdpz View Post
    I bought my car new from Mazda of Toronto in 2009. I was helped by a sales associate who had a whole desk of awards. I'll just use initials R.K.

After buying my car, I never got a welcome package. The sales associate would not return my calls when I asked about the welcome package (which my friends who bought their mazdas new got.)

I'm glad I didnt buy the extended warranty that they were trying to scare me into, because it's been 2.5 years and the car is running without a cough. Great car!

Lastly, after my first 8000KM the tech I spoke with who handled my case made me get Tire Rotations! He had me convinced it's good practice to rotate them in the begining so that it keeps the vehicle balanced to help it break in. What a load of horse crap that was.

To say the least I never went back to them after that. I never even got a call or message regarding the recall on the Steering Wheel and the Washer Wipers. So I am disappointed in Mazda for not following through on this (I'm sure everyone has their own experience, but this was my bad experience).
    What's your VIN#? It's possible either the recalls have been done or your car does not apply to them.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda of Toronto

I'm pretty sure Mazda Canada sends you a letter for recall. Dealer does not

Ride
    Honda S2000
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"Lastly, after my first 8000KM the tech I spoke with who handled my case made me get Tire Rotations! He had me convinced it's good practice to rotate them in the begining so that it keeps the vehicle balanced to help it break in. What a load of horse crap that was."

ummm it is not a load of crap to rotate your tires, read about it.

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira11 View Post
    "Lastly, after my first 8000KM the tech I spoke with who handled my case made me get Tire Rotations! He had me convinced it's good practice to rotate them in the begining so that it keeps the vehicle balanced to help it break in. What a load of horse crap that was."

ummm it is not a load of crap to rotate your tires, read about it.
    Shhh Andrew, we want more tire sales.

Ride
    07 Mazda3 GT Sedan
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Welcome package? This isn't a rub n tug, I'm not sure exactly what you were expecting to receive.

I never got this "welcome package" you speak of but I could care less at this point. What exactly is it supposed to consist of anyway?

Tire rotations are every 8k or 16k for me so the tech wasn't feeding you BS,. Maybe you should do a little research and familiarize yourself with some auto tech knowledge.

Ride
    Honda S2000
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FLIPDADY View Post
    Shhh Andrew, we want more tire sales.
    Hahah ya whoops sorry, yes you should not rotate your tires just buy new ones every 30,000km

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zdpz View Post
    Extended Warranty doesn't really help you much during the first 3 yrs anyhow.. thats why it is called "Extended" it extends what you already have..

I sincerely wish you the next 3yrs of problem free driving... however, statisticaly.. you will wish you had gotten the warranty.
    Damn you photobucket.....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

unsure the point of this post, other than the appropriate reply's ........lol...............just sayin
    MazdaSpeed 2010 - Cobb - Corksport

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So rotating your tires is a load of crap, hmm interesting. It's called regular maintenance just like changing your oil and oil filter, and your brakes pads and rotors, certain fluids etc, etc. Some at more frequent intervals than others. Oh by the way there's a thing called an Owners Manual in the glove box of your car, it's an interesting read I suggest you check out the regular maintenance schedule for your vehicle you just may be enlightened.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pereira11 View Post
    Hahah ya whoops sorry, yes you should not rotate your tires just buy new ones every 30,000km
    Hey! Rotate or not if you run Falken ZE912's buying new tires at 30,000km is the norm!
    2008.5 Mazda3 Black Mica GS Sedan- Injen RD6061 CAI - Koni Yellows - Eibach Prokits - SPC Rear Camber Kit - Tenzo Type M 18x8 Powdercoated Bronze - Yokohama S.Drives 225/40/18 - Rolled Fenders - Rear Flares - Gforce Strut Bar - Prolumen 6000K - 3000k HID Fogs - Speedline Wide Angle Blue/LED Side Mirrors - LED Interior - Eyelids - LED 3rd Brake Light/Sidemarkers - LED Reflectors -LED Footwell/Trunk/Cup Holder Lighting - Solar Guard 28% Tints All Round - VG Sharkfin - Borla Catback - 07+ GS Lip - Eyelids - Sideskirt Extensions - Aluminium Pedals - Sickspeed Horns - Kenwood - Alpine - SPL -

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by omalak View Post
    Hey! Rotate or not if you run Falken ZE912's buying new tires at 30,000km is the norm!
    so many ppl have problems with their falcons. i have the ze912's for over 2 years with no problems and no strange wear.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT