Hello,

I'm considering buying a used 2006 Mazda3 GT (manual, pretty much fully loaded, sunroof, leather, etc.) from a local used car dealer for $5000, but the only hitch is that the kilometers seem incredibly high - 260,000 km (!). I just wanted to get everyone's oppinion: are these kilometers waaay too high?

The car itself is in mint condition. A bit of rust on the metal part between the windows, but other than that, the car runs and looks great. Considering how relatively new the car is, the only way that I can fathom running up so many kilometers is if they're all highway kilometers (which is a good thing). I ran a carfax report, and there aren't any issues - only 1 owner, no accidents. I haven't had a chance to look at maintenance records, but there shouldn't be anything major.

I'm on a budget, so I'm basically looking for a good quality car that will last me for at least the next 4-5+ years...I'll basically only be using it for getting around the city, so I won't be putting on that many additional kilometers.

So my question, is the car worth it for the price? Should I try bartering even further down (initially it was listed at $6000), or is there a high chance i'll experience a lot of problems (not sure about the reliability of mazda3's). I just want something reliable, so my other option is a 1999 honda accord (manual)...