Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default loki's logs

loaded up the AP.

was gonna just go for a stage 0 map but said to hell with it and loaded the Stage 1 + SF 91 oct.

anyway went to try and get some MAF logs so that I can calibrate the MAF but clearly could not find a good spot to do this, also any pointers on the best way to get the data for this would be helpful...

so instead went and took a bunch of 3rd gear logs and a very short 4th gear log.

there's a bunch of knock in the 4th gear log.

but tonight was just about collecting data. tomorrow I'll sit down and try to figure out what it all means.

datalog2-3rd.csv

datalog1-3rd.csv

datalog4-4th.csv

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: loki's logs

I don't even think adding these attachments even worked....

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking at your 4th gear log:

1. you let off!...pin it to the floor!

2. you can tweak your OL/CL transition.

3. do a normal MAF calibration...then you may also need to tweak your MAF a bit for WOT AFR's.

4. the knock might be a result of doing multiple runs. it's not severe, but it's not helping you make more power.

good luck! let me know if you want to get tuned.

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fobio View Post
    looking at your 4th gear log:

1. you let off!...pin it to the floor!

2. you can tweak your OL/CL transition.

3. do a normal MAF calibration...then you may also need to tweak your MAF a bit for WOT AFR's.

4. the knock might be a result of doing multiple runs. it's not severe, but it's not helping you make more power.

good luck! let me know if you want to get tuned.
    had to let off. unless I wanted my car to become a mazdaspeed3/corolla hybrid!!!!!

highway was way too busy for a 4th gear log.

and yeh I'm going to do the MAF calibration and then start the process of going through all the tables to tweak.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ok here's a quick 4th gear log from tonite. not alllll the way to redline, but not too bad either.

ok that didn't work....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So I'm commanding an AFR of 11, and I'm nowhere close...

also getting a whole bunch of knock..

what should I do here? Really wasn't expecting to see the AFR that off

edit: the boost is off too. I'm targeting 17.5 psi max. even the fuel pressure is high although targetting max 1800 psi. It's like it's not reading what the AP is commanding?!?!

I did third gear log cause it's easier. but then took this log on ramp onto QEW from Brown's line. Not the longest ramp either and some G35 thought I wanted to race....

3rd Gear - 11Sep18.xlsx
    Last edited by loki; 09-19-2011 at 12:25 AM.

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is so much potential here to unlock teh fastz.

1) Have you updated your COBB AP and ATR recently? That logging rate is very very slow. With the updated firmware, you'll get faster resolution.
    2) Which fuel tables did you alter? Generally, you should alter all of them appropriately. I think Abilor covers this in his tuning guide. For instance, the OL tables, make them 11.0 across the board and the PT tables, make them 11.0 in the areas above 1.0-1.25 calculated load (depending on your commanded closed loop exit) and interpolate 5 rows up. Make your knocking tables a little richer.
    3) Knock isn't that bad. It'll fix itself once you calibrate the MAF properly. Right now, the car is flowing more air than it is metering (as noted by the leaner than commanded AFRs) and is therefore applying a timing advance that is too aggressive given the airflow/fuel which is causing you to knock.
    4) For calibrating the MAF, I would multiply any MAF scalar reading above 100g/s with 1.05 (11.5/11.0=1.05) and do another datalog. There are areas where you reach 11.8 so it may require another slight calibration.
    5) Fixing boost will require altering WGDC but by the looks of it, the turbo isn't even breaking a sweat hitting 18.5PSI so you may want to keep it there for more powah. There is also room to keep a more aggressive boost profile to redline if you wish. That taper down to ~14PSI must really make the car feel like it falls on its face.

Cheers,
    Dave

Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much everything Dave said. Are you just changing the AFRs for now? Are you starting w/ an OTS map?

Guess dudes that drive Infiniti's have something to prove cuz a G37 sedan thought I wanted to race when I was doing a 3rd gear log.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueStreak View Post
    There is so much potential here to unlock teh fastz.

1) Have you updated your COBB AP and ATR recently? That logging rate is very very slow. With the updated firmware, you'll get faster resolution.
    2) Which fuel tables did you alter? Generally, you should alter all of them appropriately. I think Abilor covers this in his tuning guide. For instance, the OL tables, make them 11.0 across the board and the PT tables, make them 11.0 in the areas above 1.0-1.25 calculated load (depending on your commanded closed loop exit) and interpolate 5 rows up. Make your knocking tables a little richer.
    3) Knock isn't that bad. It'll fix itself once you calibrate the MAF properly. Right now, the car is flowing more air than it is metering (as noted by the leaner than commanded AFRs) and is therefore applying a timing advance that is too aggressive given the airflow/fuel which is causing you to knock.
    4) For calibrating the MAF, I would multiply any MAF scalar reading above 100g/s with 1.05 (11.5/11.0=1.05) and do another datalog. There are areas where you reach 11.8 so it may require another slight calibration.
    5) Fixing boost will require altering WGDC but by the looks of it, the turbo isn't even breaking a sweat hitting 18.5PSI so you may want to keep it there for more powah. There is also room to keep a more aggressive boost profile to redline if you wish. That taper down to ~14PSI must really make the car feel like it falls on its face.

Cheers,
    Dave
    Dave,

Looking at the log I didn't think the resolution was slow. Approx. 5 data points per second. The Ap is at it's latest update. Could you explain why you think it's slow?

I'm targetting 17.7 psi with a taper down to 16 psi. I haven't touched the WGDC tables yet so I believe that's why the boost is all over the place. It's a stage 1 - + SF + FMIC 91 Octane. Using the FMIC map because we upgraded to the cp-e TMIC and you suggest running that map.

I updated ALL the fuel tables. 11's across the board from 1.25 load and 2500 rpm. the only table that is different is the knocking tables that has a line of 10.6's which is the max it supposed to fuel incase of problems. however, monitoring AFR it was still hitting AFR's as low as 9.8 I believe. You'll have to explain where you want to interpolate, I can't picture it right now. (If you're working on the car tonight, maybe I'll swing by with my laptop - logging/tuning on the fly!)

As far as the LTFT in closed loop go, they're now within ABS 2. Finally figured it out on that road all the way in Stoufville. Did 3 logs and they were consistent. It was only off by -2.5 max down low anyway, although I feel in the lowest range it's off a bit more but I couldn't get the car to start below 4 g/s or so.

Didn't end up going on that dinner date with the wife. Ended up flashing the MAP with new calibration and convinced her that we now need to go for a 75 km drive to get the car to learn the new fuel trims. and she agreed to come along for an extended cruise. BEST WIFE IN THE WORLD FTMFW!!!!

I'll calibrate the open loop portion of the MAF like you said and see how that goes. Do I need to drive a sh!t ton again to let it learn before taking a few logs?

Quote Originally Posted by fywdyl View Post
    Pretty much everything Dave said. Are you just changing the AFRs for now? Are you starting w/ an OTS map?

Guess dudes that drive Infiniti's have something to prove cuz a G37 sedan thought I wanted to race when I was doing a 3rd gear log.
    Fywdyl, I think I answered this in my reply to Dave couple lines up. Yeh it's an OTS map to start.

So far I've changed everything except the WGDC tables. i.e. load, closed loop exit, fuel, HPFP, boost targets etc etc.

and F$%K Infiniti! I think I scared the shit out of him because I just kinda showed up in front of him from the on ramp...

p.s. why is the fueling exceeding 1800 psi even tho I'm targeting max 1778.7? I see it as high as 1900 in that log.

p.p.s It sucks that I'll have to start over again when the new cp-e downpipe goes in shortly, but this is all part of the learning process which is good.
    Last edited by loki; 09-19-2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: spelt infiniti wrong like a bitch

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

With the latest AP firmware, you should be getting logging rates every .1-.15 secs. See this datalog. You also need to run the latest BT maps as well.

Yep, the current map you are running is fine until you get things up to speed. In addition to updated WGDC values to compensate for the decrease in flow restriction, boost cut and fuel cut values are changed to accomodate the increased airflow.

Upon having a look at your datalogs again, I would multiply your fueling above 100g/s by 1.07 (11.8/11.0 = 1.07) as the 11.5 AFRs was due to the ECU adding more fuel because of knock. I missed that earlier. That calibration should get you right on par with commanded vs. actual.

Once your ECU is properly calibrated, you no longer need to drive 50+KM to have the LTFTs settle. LTFTs are only managed under closed loop. Seeing as how yours were fine, there is no benefit in letting them relearn.

Fuel pressures fluctuate up and down. Its not a value that is pegged to what you command. Don't worry about the slight variance.

I won't be working on my car tonight as i'll be busy. I also need a day or two off from tinkering with that thing; spent the whole weekend on it. On a side note, I am glad my girlfriend is in Alberta/BC visiting her brother and travelling with her sister so I don't feel bad for spending so much time getting things back online.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

will check again for updates.

where do you go to look for maps? the cobb website only seemed to have a few...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.cobbtuning.com/products/?id=4100

Look under calibrations and follow the prompts....hopefully that's what you are looking for.
    0.000212524463 gigawatts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I been there already. They don't have many maps, and they don't even have the maps that came pre-loaded on my AP.

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you check for "Beta Software/Firmware" when you updated?

It may no longer be in Beta. I'm not 100% sure since I haven't looked at AP related stuff since I pulled my motor.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Did you check for "Beta Software/Firmware" when you updated?

It may no longer be in Beta. I'm not 100% sure since I haven't looked at AP related stuff since I pulled my motor.
    will check again tonight when I get home from work.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

OK I updated the firmware on the AP and it downloaded the latest maps which allow boost tuning and faster resolution while logging.

thing is, for Stage 1 they only have + SF. They don't have a map for an upgraded TMIC.

do you think I should just flash the new map and start tuning again or should I continue with the Stage 1 + SF + FMIC?

Banned
    Ride
    another mazda
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you gone cooco cooco for coco puffs......... You don't use the fmic map for the top mount intercooler

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fast_dude View Post
    Have you gone cooco cooco for coco puffs......... You don't use the fmic map for the top mount intercooler

Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you guy's are so entertaining.... who needs t.v.

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll barely make a difference. Going from no FMIC/TMIC to a FMIC/TMIC is the biggest jump. Variances between the two in a base OTS map are negligible. I wouldn't expect the differences to extend past (minor changes in) WGDC. Well, differences that *matter* anyways.

Besides, if anything, he's using it as a starting point so in the end it won't matter.

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It'll barely make a difference. Going from no FMIC/TMIC to a FMIC/TMIC is the biggest jump. Variances between the two in a base OTS map are negligible. I wouldn't expect the differences to extend past (minor changes in) WGDC. Well, differences that *matter* anyways.

Besides, if anything, he's using it as a starting point so in the end it won't matter.
    I concur...just start off with the SRI + IC map...Cobb isn't ignorant of the fact that there are TMIC's out there. Perhaps even more so than FMIC. The message is either run the Stg1+SRI map without an IC or run the FMIC map at your own peril/tune.

You will be fine. I've tuned 2 other cars and started off with the FMIC maps that are running TMIC's.

The only difference tuning wise will likely be lower sustained boost and a more aggressive taper to redline...all to control heat. And likely slightly less timing in the high end on the final tune.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by boyracer View Post
    you guy's are so entertaining.... who needs t.v.
    get an AP and you can join the saga

updated the firmware and now we be gettin' like 9 data points/sec. so nuff respect for that reminder to update my sh!t.

went out in the rain and did a 3rd gear log...can you say wheelspin?!?! anyway there's definitely some fine tuning to do which I can deal with just this second because I have to go to winnipeg tomorrow for 3 days for work. FML....I'll post the log anyways. Boost spiked really high. you'll see in the log.

Quote Originally Posted by Fobio View Post
    I concur...just start off with the SRI + IC map...Cobb isn't ignorant of the fact that there are TMIC's out there. Perhaps even more so than FMIC. The message is either run the Stg1+SRI map without an IC or run the FMIC map at your own peril/tune.

You will be fine. I've tuned 2 other cars and started off with the FMIC maps that are running TMIC's.

The only difference tuning wise will likely be lower sustained boost and a more aggressive taper to redline...all to control heat. And likely slightly less timing in the high end on the final tune.
    thanks for the reassurance

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

not a proper log because couldn't keep the car floored and couldn't get grip but thought it would be good to show the numbers at least.

3rd Gear - Wet Road - 11Sep19.csv

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely a goofy log.

Your g/s have improved quite a bit. At 56XXRPM, you're outflowing your previous datalog and haven't reached redline. Of course, this was just from a MAF calibration but it definitely puts the ECU in the proper place when targeting proper load (if you're using load tables), ignition advance, closed loop exit etc.

Good stuff.

Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast