Thread: OEM Heated Seat Wiring – CALLING ALL MEMBERS WITH HEATED SEATS!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default OEM Heated Seat Wiring – CALLING ALL MEMBERS WITH HEATED SEATS!!

Okay so I went ahead and purchased the heated leather seats for my 3, and it came with the harnesses for under the two front seats as well as the oem switches.

All of the harnesses are attached (two switches, and the two front seats), but the wires were cut about 4 inches from each harness – guessing this was done simply for an easier removal of the seats from the original car.

I was wondering what would be involved in hooking it up?

1. I know I have to run a ground, and that will most likely be done under the centre console, correct?

2. I also know that I have to tap into a power source... most likely a fuse. I have heard that there is already a heated seat fuse location in the 3's, any confirmation on that?

3. Other than that, would I simply run the pink wire from the seat harness to the pink wire on the switch, blue to blue, red to red, etc?

Thanks so much in advance!

Josh

brandingprintwebphotography

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: OEM Heated Seat Wiring – CALLING ALL MEMBERS WITH HEATED SEATS!!

when i got mine wired..dan hooked it up to the cigarette lighter. and for the ground i forgot where he grounded it lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You will also need to tap to a power source for the power switch lights so the buttons light up with rest of the dash when you turn on the light at night.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by phil05gx View Post
    when i got mine wired..dan hooked it up to the cigarette lighter. and for the ground i forgot where he grounded it lol
    Wicked, I'll try that.

So what about the wires? Would I just do pink-pink, red-red, etc?

So from LFS (left front seat) to LS (left switch), ground from LFS to under the shifter, power from LS to cigarette lighter... and the same for the right side?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That sounds right, you will probally have to ground your switches aswell..... IF its this easy I might just have to do this
    - LED 3rd Brake Light- Blacked Out Emblems - 6000k Hid Low Beam- Footwell LED - Cupholder LED'S - LED License Plate Light - Stubby Atenna - - 18' Black RTX Wheels - Replica Hella Supertones- Comingsoon : - Pro Kts - Fogs-

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Donshaw View Post
    That sounds right, you will probally have to ground your switches aswell..... IF its this easy I might just have to do this
    Haha, it's not too expensive either.

I picked up leather fronts+backs for my sedan for $475 used. The fronts are obviously heated haha. It came with the switches as well.

So I wire color-color for each seat and switch.

Ground the seat, ground the switch.

Tap into the cigarette lighter for power (do i tap in the seat to the cigarette lighter, the switch, or both)?

Tap into the dimming switch for the switch lights (i think this would work)?

And that's it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Could anyone provide me with some information on how they had their seats wired? I tried wiring it pink-pink, black-black, and then the switches and to the power. The only thing I was able to do was make the lights light up and when I tested for power on the seat it seems as if both the pink and black were power, not power and ground.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by xdutrax View Post
    Could anyone provide me with some information on how they had their seats wired? I tried wiring it pink-pink, black-black, and then the switches and to the power. The only thing I was able to do was make the lights light up and when I tested for power on the seat it seems as if both the pink and black were power, not power and ground.
    Were you able to figure this out? I'm gunning through my diagram/harness trying to set this up.

did you swap from the big bulky connector to the two smaller ones? If so, did you have to cross over any of the wires to make them work properly?

Thanks in advance!
    Enkei Wheels,R40 lug nuts, ISC N1 coilovers, Corksport short shifter, CS Rear sway bar
    Ebay front strut bar, Custom magnaflow axleback w/ 4" tips, Style M front lip

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From your profile you have a 2011? If you get factory seats with heat, and the switches, you can just plug the switches and the seats in and it will work.

Second gen Mazda 3's have the wiring preinstalled.

If you got heated power seats, then the drivers side is a whole other ball game, gotta re-do wires to make the power and heated seat work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Current: 2012 Mazdaspeed3 Tech CWP
    Mods to Date:
    Custom Halo headlights, DRL delete, Kenwood DNX890HD, Kenwood KFC-3009 x2(12"), Kenwood 1800Watt Amp, LED interior lights, LED switchbacks, LED fogs.
    Previous:2012 Mazda 3 Sky-GS in CWP, 2012 16W Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2010 CWP Mazda 3 GT Hatchback SOLD, 2009 Metropolitan Grey Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2007 Carbon Grey Mica Mazda 3 GS Hatch SOLD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reddie1337 View Post
    From your profile you have a 2011? If you get factory seats with heat, and the switches, you can just plug the switches and the seats in and it will work.

Second gen Mazda 3's have the wiring preinstalled.

If you got heated power seats, then the drivers side is a whole other ball game, gotta re-do wires to make the power and heated seat work.

Redoing the wires aren't an issue. Looks like only 2 don't match up. Which is fine. My only concern is: do the wires simply match up? Everything else seems the same. Yes, I have a 2011. I don't really have the option of getting the other seats, this was the first find of a gen2 speed 2 where I could use any parts.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They should, problems you will run into is the seat belt buckle being a different connector under the seat (it also might read ground reversed from what your car has) you're missing the grey power wire from the drivers kick panel under the seat, and also the ground. You don't really want to mess around with airbag if you don't have to. I made a harness from the plugs from the donor car, and my original seat plugs, so they seats plug in without issue.

If you PM me, I can try to remember to take a picture of what I did on my Sky and get you started on the right path.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Reddie1337 View Post
    They should, problems you will run into is the seat belt buckle being a different connector under the seat (it also might read ground reversed from what your car has) you're missing the grey power wire from the drivers kick panel under the seat, and also the ground. You don't really want to mess around with airbag if you don't have to. I made a harness from the plugs from the donor car, and my original seat plugs, so they seats plug in without issue.

If you PM me, I can try to remember to take a picture of what I did on my Sky and get you started on the right path.

Awesome, this is exactly what I needed to confirm. So all the pins just swap over and I need to run the power and ground from the fuse box. You said it's near the kick panel, did they just leave it in there, and all I need to.do is open the harness and grab it?

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by js593 View Post
    Awesome, this is exactly what I needed to confirm. So all the pins just swap over and I need to run the power and ground from the fuse box. You said it's near the kick panel, did they just leave it in there, and all I need to.do is open the harness and grab it?

Sorry, I didn't remember to look before I left work. In the drivers kick panel, there is a grey wire going into a plug, with no match on the other side of it. That is the power wire for the seats, I just ran a ground wire down to an eyelet that I connected to the bolt going into the floor.

Otherwise the only others I would worry about is the seat belt buckle, and the airbag wires.