Thread: Buying my first car soon! Need a little help pleae..

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Buying my first car soon! Need a little help pleae..

Hey guys, I have been looking for a mazda 3 for the past 3 weeks and may come close to deciding between 2.

One is a grey 2007 mazda3 GS with 128K. I think I can get a good deal from it, however there are several scratches on the hood in one spot. They don't seem too deep but it covers a diameter of 5 inches or so. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to touch that up? I have his VIN# and would appreciate it if someone could check it for me. It's JMIBK62f471758210

There is also another 2007 mazda 3 base model that I'm going to see today. The owner is leaving the country very soon but he gave me the VIN which I really need to check as soon as possible. The VIN is: JM1BK32F671616182 Can't wait to buy my first car. Hope you can help in that purchase. Thanks

Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Buying my first car soon! Need a little help pleae..

what is your Budget?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

about 8000

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure how I can edit my post but the second guy just sold it for 8000. I wouldnt have offered that much so im glad he sold it and I didnt waste a trip.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check for rust on the rear quarter panel. Paint touch up isn't too bad. Best to talk to the guys at Street Performance (see shop review section)

Since it's private sale the seller should provide a record from the MOT about the car if it's been in any accidents, or outstanding liens on it. Take your time and look over the car any weird noises or sounds.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Take it to a mechanic that you have been with for a while....private sales can be sketchy....like everyone here has said, take your time....vehicle history, get it on a hoist, rust, etc....good luck finding a car buddy...cheers!

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You can always get some info via carproof.com
    Make the sale conditional upon you having the car checked out by your mechanic !

Quote Originally Posted by Alboracer View Post
    Hey guys, I have been looking for a mazda 3 for the past 3 weeks and may come close to deciding between 2.

One is a grey 2007 mazda3 GS with 128K. I think I can get a good deal from it, however there are several scratches on the hood in one spot. They don't seem too deep but it covers a diameter of 5 inches or so. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to touch that up? I have his VIN# and would appreciate it if someone could check it for me. It's JMIBK62f471758210

There is also another 2007 mazda 3 base model that I'm going to see today. The owner is leaving the country very soon but he gave me the VIN which I really need to check as soon as possible. The VIN is: JM1BK32F671616182 Can't wait to buy my first car. Hope you can help in that purchase. Thanks

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, I appreciate the help. I've already met up with some guys who said their car is spotless and excellent condition, and I find out the paint is chipping, bumper is peeling off, scratches, dirty etc. I don't understand why they would lie as if I'm going to buy the car just because I made the trip to see it. It's also annoying when they don't even clean their car at the very least. It's actually mind boggling because you'd think they would make their car look as good as possible in order to sell.

I also ran into some guy who was selling a 2007 mazda3 GX basic with 110,000 km. The car wasnt in the best condition I'd hoped, but the funny part is when I asked him if he was the first owner of the vehicle. You'll never guess what he said...he is the second owner and he said he bought it used from some dealership for....$30,000. This is a used 07 basic trim we're talking about. What an idiot thinking I would actually fall for that. A brand new Mazda 3 GT 2007 with leather and everything costs a bit over 30K and that guy was dumb enough to attempt such a bad lie...

Just wanted to show you the nuisance of buying private plus I'm sure you'll find it entertaining.

Now, is carproof the best service for checking car history by using VIN? It's pretty expensive just for one use. Is there any other service you recommend? How's carfax?

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carfax won't tell you anything .. Is for US Vehicles ..

Quote Originally Posted by Alboracer View Post
    Thanks, I appreciate the help. I've already met up with some guys who said their car is spotless and excellent condition, and I find out the paint is chipping, bumper is peeling off, scratches, dirty etc. I don't understand why they would lie as if I'm going to buy the car just because I made the trip to see it. It's also annoying when they don't even clean their car at the very least. It's actually mind boggling because you'd think they would make their car look as good as possible in order to sell.

I also ran into some guy who was selling a 2007 mazda3 GX basic with 110,000 km. The car wasnt in the best condition I'd hoped, but the funny part is when I asked him if he was the first owner of the vehicle. You'll never guess what he said...he is the second owner and he said he bought it used from some dealership for....$30,000. This is a used 07 basic trim we're talking about. What an idiot thinking I would actually fall for that. A brand new Mazda 3 GT 2007 with leather and everything costs a bit over 30K and that guy was dumb enough to attempt such a bad lie...

Just wanted to show you the nuisance of buying private plus I'm sure you'll find it entertaining.

Now, is carproof the best service for checking car history by using VIN? It's pretty expensive just for one use. Is there any other service you recommend? How's carfax?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Carproof is the only service with access to the Canadian insurance database (or so they say). Hell, even Kijiji has a section where you can request from the person who is listing it the carproof record to be added to the sale.