Thread: It's a shame about the dealers...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default It's a shame about the dealers...

Hey guys,

I've recently gone through a bad experience at one of the dealers, and I started thinking. Mazda makes a great product. The majority of the time I hear people not going back to buying a Mazda is because of the service.
    How come Mazda can't overlook the quality of the dealerships? Is there something in the law we have stating how things work regarding dealerships?

It's a shame because I've been a loyal Mazda customer since 1988. There's absolutely nothing wrong with their vehicles. It's the service at the dealerships that completely ruins the experience for some people.

There are only 2 dealerships I trust to do any major work on my car and not get completely gauged in the process. Avante and Dave Wood. From what I've seen, alot of the other dealerships have little going for them.

I will continue to do the majority of the work myself because some dealerships decide to ruin the experience for the majority of us.

Shame.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: It's a shame about the dealers...

Its so true. Dave Wood Mazda is the only dealership I ever go to, they've helped me out the most and are the most honestly (from my experience)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

+1 for Dave Wood Mazda. I bought my car there after dealing with the rudest salesman I've ever dealt with at Newmarket Hyundai. The service department is always there for me to ask questions even when it's obvious that I'm not going to buy something. One of the techs even talked to me about tires/rims and directed me to a place in Aurora (Carcone's) that does rim touch-ups/powder coating and told me to buy used rims.

They were 100% on time for my oil change/winter tires last week as well. Took less than an hour when they had originally told me ~1h.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

401 Dixie Mazda and Achilles Mazda are both great dealerships as well from my experiences.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been lucky to have only dealt with a dealership once thus far. I have had my 95 Mx-3 for over 5 years now and have luckily been able to have my repairs done by myself or friends. I took it in once for a tranny flush and brake fluid flush. I made an appt for 8AM had dropped the car off the previous evening. I didn't get the car until 3PM. IMO that's quite pathetic. The price was a bit steep however that's to be expected. I of course now have a 2008 and am hoping I can find a mechanic to do the work below the price of a dealership until my warranty is up.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I had a miserable experience at my dealer. The drivers seatback cover had to be replaced under warranty. Before I brought the car in I put 3 layers of masking tape on the rocker panel and all the way up the centre post, just to be safe. The stupid lug that they had take the seat out, managed to chip the paint on the post right through the tape, he gouged the door panel. plastic scuff plate, the plastic panel on the centre post and the leather on the steering wheel.

All of the parts had to be replaced, the service manager wents nuts, he had them take all the parts from a brand new car so I would not be inconvenienced any further. Still how in hell can you do so much damage taking a seat out.

Pat.

2010 Mazda3 GT Sport..

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Forbes (Waterloo), North Bay and Sault Ste Marie have all seen my mazda's and they've all been good...I'd say forbes is the best, the service manager there remembers who I am whenever I call or am in for service and always accomidates whatever I need and will answer any questions and doesn't mind my mods

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same with my sister. They hooked her into the "won't negotiate without a refundable deposit" routine. Sure enough, getting the deposit was like pulling teeth. She eventually broke down and bought the car slightly at a slightly higher price than she wanted.

When she picked up the car, both engine and tranny oil were black and required immediate change. Totally preyed on her ignorance.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DWM in Newmarket - they have yet to let me down in the 20+ years my wife and I have owned Mazda's.