Thread: *Facepalm* Things you should never say

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default *Facepalm* Things you should never say

So last night I was down town at KBBQ, driving my fiancee's (as of christmas eve!) Mazda5.

Its making Clunking noises from the suspension - both front and back.

I mention that its going to be a few hundred dollar visit to QEW err Budds mazda.

Then, I STUPIDLY say: I've been really lucky - Since my car has been out of warranty, Nothing has gone wrong and I've done nothing but oil changes and consumables.

BLARG. So we pull into my work parking lot. Its minus Ten.

Battery - Shot. I park underground, so this was the first COLD night my car has had in over a year.

Then, With all the door openings and closings, one of the door sensors is shot - It constantly thinks the door is open. Blarg.

Then, my cell phone mount pops one of the fins out of the vent - Super annoying to put back together.

I had a huge rant, kinda laughed it off. It was like "traffic's moving amazing right now" Just kinda funny.

Parked underground - 5 degree parking garage. Car had time to thaw, and the door sensor works, car started fine.

Clearly I need to replace the original battery. Going to costco - Use them in the boat and ATV at the cottage, the ATV battery is going on 8 years - and still strong! Holds a charge well over a month of unheated storage in the winter. (car port)

Good times.

Lesson: Never tell your car that you're suprised it hasn't broken down on you. it will hear you. And break just to spite you. lol.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: *Facepalm* Things you should never say

hahah, its ok Alex. It was just a coincidence. But lesson learned: never jinx your car lol

And I agree with you in regards to the costco battery, they work very well as I had one in my old car and used it for 5 years and it was still good the day I scraped the car. I kept the battery of course and its in my basement right now

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My door sensor did that the first day that we had freezing rain and snow, but it has fine since. Probably nothing to worry about.

Battery is pretty much a consumable, and at 5 years its about time to replace it anyhoo... so no worries there... and finally the fin should be an easy fix, no?

I agree though, having stuff break/not work is never fun, but just keep in mind it can always be worse! My friend who has an old Audi A4 told me, after having pretty much every part on his car break, "Well, i cant sell it now cus i invested all this money, but at least nothing else should break for a while"

In the next ~ 6 months, his fuel tank sprung a leak due to a cracked filter, his oil dipstick shattered and pieces fell inside the pan, his steering rack broke for the second time, most of his suspension parts went bad (control arms/rods etc), 3 brakes seized and ruined his new brake pads/rotors and he's about to have to replace his third wheel bearing. I feel pretty bad for him lol

-edit-
    oh, and his master cylinder broke, and his car doesn't heat, I think the sensor is broken... which sucks in the winter since i carpool with him.
    Canada gave us rust and DRL. Thanks for nothing Canada!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cab0oze View Post
    My friend who has an old Audi A4 told me, after having pretty much every part on his car break, "Well, i cant sell it now cus i invested all this money, but at least nothing else should break for a while"

In the next ~ 6 months, his fuel tank sprung a leak due to a cracked filter, his oil dipstick shattered and pieces fell inside the pan, his steering rack broke for the second time, most of his suspension parts went bad (control arms/rods etc), 3 brakes seized and ruined his new brake pads/rotors and he's about to have to replace his third wheel bearing. I feel pretty bad for him lol

-edit-
    oh, and his master cylinder broke, and his car doesn't heat, I think the sensor is broken... which sucks in the winter since i carpool with him.

My boss has owned two Audis in the past, and had similar horror stories from back while he still owned them.

What model year A4 does your friend have, out of curiosity?

2010 Mazda 3 Sport - Gunmetal Blue Mica

- Tints - LED Interior - Aluminum Pedals - Rally Armour - VG Sharkfin - Morimoto 5000k HID - Nokya Fog Lamps -
    - MS3 Rims - TWM Shifter - Eibach Pro-Kit - Koni Sports - Corksport SRI - Hella Supertones - Yakima Rack -

Ride
    2020 Elantra GT N Line
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The title totally threw me off...lol... I thought it was thread of things you should never say to someone. For example.

(male) "Oh congratulations on your pregnancy, when are you due?"

(female) "Im not pregnant"

(male) "Are you sure?"

lmao... It wasnt me.

But back on topic, you never jinx your car or traffic. Just appreciate it silently.

Ride
    Das Auto
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ that actually happened to my mom with a friend of hers....it was the most awkard moment and felt like running away. You can't go on from there no matter how you put it lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, everything is all good on my car again (knock on wood)

New battery kicks it - Didn't realize how "slowly" my car was turning over until i got the new battery - its like night and day!
    Weird thing though - I've taken the battery off enough times to expect rough idle afterwards as the car re-maps itself. It stalled - 3 times! on the way home that day.

Runs like a top now though - It was fairly cold (minus 6) so I'm assuming the extreme temperature (compared to japan) probably upset the newly wiped ECU.

Girlfriends Mazda 5 is in at Budd's QEW mazda now. Kinda want to cry. $1560 dollars.

"big" 64km checkup. Investigate "clunking" noise. I haven't driven her car in months, and when I did a few weeks ago, I was like "WTF is that noise and why didn't you tell me about it?!" Well, Sway bar bushings - GONE. Control arm - Gone. Trailing arm Bushing - Gone. 7 hours labour.

OUCH OUCH OUCH. My Mazda3 better not have anything go wrong with it in the next few months, or I'm going to have to park it and rock her mazda5 until I can afford any more repairs... or summer tires...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=sudz;868812

Lesson: Never tell your car that you're suprised it hasn't broken down on you. it will hear you. And break just to spite you. lol.[/QUOTE]
    Amen to that...been burned a few times.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

when I read the title, I was thinking something completely different.

like when you're with this girl, and you say "you're so sexy, Jennifer". But you realize you're with Marianne

but yeah - I always knock on my head before saying anything "lucky" about my car