Thread: Wipers not working Mazda 3 04 GS - replacement passenger junction box PJB needed!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Wipers not working Mazda 3 04 GS - replacement passenger junction box PJB needed!

Hi

Just a few days ago the wipers on my Mazda 3 became irresponsive. They do not work at all. My car was sitting in the garage for the night and the next morning when I tried turning on the wipers they didn't work.

I actually have another electrical issue with the car and that is the door LOCK button sometimes doesn't respond. When the button doesn't respond at all I hear a click sound coming from the passenger junction box (PJB), so what I do is repeatedly press the LOCK button until it starts locking the doors again.

I went to my garage and they diagnosed the problem. They said the microchip that controls the wiper functions is most likely dying or dead. In order to replace that part I have to replace the entire PJB.

From a Mazda dealer this repair would cost me $$$$$$$$. I'd like to ask if anyone if they have or knows where I can get a used PJB? Part number BN8S66730C. My garage told me it has to be capable performing daytime running lights and auto rain sensor. My car is a Mazda 3 04 GS trim.

Any help would be really appreciated, THANKS!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wipers not working Mazda 3 04 GS - replacement passenger junction box PJB needed!

I got mine from Flipdaddy it was from the dealer but a good price.

I wasn't sure about picking up one uses only because if it were to happen again...

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Wipers not working Mazda 3 04 GS - replacement passenger junction box PJB needed!

if you get a used one, it MUST match the exact specs/options of your car... otherwise weird things happens or stuff just don't work at all
    but I don't recommended because it's like playing russian roulette!

that part number is useless anyway... it's the old one and now replacement PJBs are the same ones as the 2009, which has updated designs/parts
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)