Thread: Raceland Mazda 3 coilover kit opinions

Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Raceland Mazda 3 coilover kit opinions

Quote Originally Posted by leecheefoto View Post
    I'm going to raise mine back up to probably sportline height or 3 cm wheel gap so I can put my lip back on. I've concluded that the road conditions I live on are the worst and wished I live in the Rich Hill.

Swaybar then rolling. You'd only need to roll it if your tire is touching the side of the fender, I think you're just rubbing the pinchweld like I am (I'm on 17 though)

Front or rear first? And it only rubs when I hit a big bump otherwise I am fine lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by soccerboy1491 View Post
    Front or rear first? And it only rubs when I hit a big bump otherwise I am fine lol
    You said you rub with hard turns? If the front whats your tire spec and offset? You might need a roll I rechecked your pics and you're almost flush or am I blind lol
    Click to enlarge!

www.leenguyen.ca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leecheefoto View Post
    You said you rub with hard turns? If the front whats your tire spec and offset? You might need a roll I rechecked your pics and you're almost flush or am I blind lol

rims are 18" x 7.5 5x100/114.3mm +45mm I think xD and tire size is 225/40ZR18

Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 541 Posts
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trulankan View Post
    so i've been noticing that the springs are actually moving with the steering wheel which is causing some squeeking when turn the wheel while the car is not moving fast. i called up jimmy and told him and he said to bring the car in next weekend. he also mentioned that he needs to re-install the rears as he did not install the correctely after asking some other people about it
    Isn't the springs turning with the car a sign that the top mounts were put on too tightly?
    Also, how do you screw up installing springs and shocks?
    Modifications? I've forgotten more than I remember. Click here for the list.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Isn't the springs turning with the car a sign that the top mounts were put on too tightly?
    Also, how do you screw up installing springs and shocks?
    lol jimmy isnt too experienced with installing the racelands and they didnt come with instructions so he didnt know. He just put the cap on the wrong end. I will get him to check the fronts to see why the springs are being stretched while turning. he was saying that is something common with coils but i doubt that.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

where can i get a set of racelands in the toronto area? or do i have to order them from their site?

Sponsor - GTA Retrofits
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,089 Times in 541 Posts
    Mentioned
    252 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ishy View Post
    where can i get a set of racelands in the toronto area? or do i have to order them from their site?
    Garage 16 and cross your fingers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well if u dont mind getting used and want to save money, I will be selling my set soon (within 2 months) once I get them off the car for winter.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperion View Post
    Garage 16 and cross your fingers
    lol cross fingers?

Ride
    2002 VW GTI
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol cross fingers?
    From what I've heard shipping and waiting time was long
    Last edited by Shinglez; 09-30-2012 at 11:23 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Raceland Mazda 3 coilover kit opinions

Never had a problem getting items through Rick. Unlike other sponsors.

Some people dislike certain sponsors as a result of past experience. Which by all means is reasonable. Unless you have had a problem, don't worry about ordering from him. As I have said. I have had problems with other sponsors, and will not order from them as a result, but Rick never had an issue. He even warrantied an item PAST it's expiry.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To let people know... it wasn't ricks fault for the long wait time. Raceland recalled them just as he ordered them and redid them so we had to wait till the new set were released then shipped out to rick then he let us know as soon as he got them. So it shouldn't be to long of a wait anymore.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I feel like this thread is long dead, but for anyone who comes across it, i ended up going with Racelands due to a blown stock strut and the need for a replacement ASAP. ive had them on for about a month now and no complaints on the product and the customer service was absolutely amazing.

If anyone has any questions about them feel free

Cheers,
    Chris

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's your 2 month evaluation?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pokaroo Kris View Post
    What's your 2 month evaluation?
    I have had them for a bit now and still dont mind them. Foxy has had them on the longest and I don't think she has a problem but ask her directly for a sure answer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Had them since august. I think mine rattles in the rear or it might be my roof rack or doors lol

Ride
    2002 VW GTI
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gonna revive an old thread because I ended up purchasing Racelands...and I remember Chris RJG (don't know if you're still active) wanted a review.

Ride quality?
    Yeah, they're stiff as nails. But I like it. It makes the driving experience very track-ish, but as we've concluded, it's not for everyone...hence most people's decisions to get coilovers with adjustable dampers.

Also, I know I know, I need a ride thread..

Install:
    We did the install ourselves in a friend's garage (aspiring mechanic) and we had 0 issues. It took about 3.5 hours. What we did was leave the struts at their highest setting to allow for break-in. After about a week, we were able to lower it a bit more. Yesterday I finally rolled my rear fenders and dropped all four collars to the max. We even removed the rear part and left just the spring in the rear. We noticed that in order to drop the fronts all the way, you need to grind a piece of metal attached to a bolt that holds the front sway bar to allow for the strut to clear.

Overall, I think that for the price these coilovers are holding up great! I love them, and never had a single regret since purchasing. As I mentioned before, they're great for the budget build and also a great entry-level setup for anyone wanting a little stance in their life

Last...anyone that buys these should already know that Raceland gives the BEST customer service to even potential buyers. They're quick in answering email questions and ship very quickly.

If anyone has any questions let me know but I will post some pictures soon with the finished product once I get my hands on a decent camera

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Raceland Mazda 3 coilover kit opinions

I've been riding racelands for two years now. I adjust the height every winter/summer-no issues with ride stuffiness changing, though after a while you can't raise it up as much (obviously). Finally, my driver rear is leaking, time to replace these bad boys. Believe me, I drive a lot, highway, city, gravel roads during camping season, no track..this is my daily, and these things have held up nicely. Stiff yes, but that's kinda the point. Dampening adjustments are for people query car commitment issues lol

Something to note, when I first got these installed (2 yrs ago), there was a grinding noise anytime I turned the steering wheel. I've seen some folks on here complain about this. It turns out, with racelands, you cannot use your OEM upper strut mounts, you must use the ones that come with your raceland coils. It just do happened, my raceland upper strut mounts were defective. I called raceland customer service, explained the issue and after a long phone call, they agreed to send me a replacement set of their raceland upper strut mounts. Reinstalled, noise went away, happy customer.

In short, I've found my raceland coilovers to be a great purchase for a budget build. If your daily driving, don't believe the hype, save your money and get raceland. If your making serious power and need good strong suspension, don't get raceland, do your car justice and get something that is high end and reputable like KWV2/3.

Keep it real.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Victimize For This Useful Post:

ryan2.3 (03-25-2014)

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Stiffness* people with* .... dam auto complete lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Victimize View Post
    I've been riding racelands for two years now. I adjust the height every winter/summer-no issues with ride stuffiness changing, though after a while you can't raise it up as much (obviously). Finally, my driver rear is leaking, time to replace these bad boys. Believe me, I drive a lot, highway, city, gravel roads during camping season, no track..this is my daily, and these things have held up nicely. Stiff yes, but that's kinda the point. Dampening adjustments are for people query car commitment issues lol

Something to note, when I first got these installed (2 yrs ago), there was a grinding noise anytime I turned the steering wheel. I've seen some folks on here complain about this. It turns out, with racelands, you cannot use your OEM upper strut mounts, you must use the ones that come with your raceland coils. It just do happened, my raceland upper strut mounts were defective. I called raceland customer service, explained the issue and after a long phone call, they agreed to send me a replacement set of their raceland upper strut mounts. Reinstalled, noise went away, happy customer.

In short, I've found my raceland coilovers to be a great purchase for a budget build. If your daily driving, don't believe the hype, save your money and get raceland. If your making serious power and need good strong suspension, don't get raceland, do your car justice and get something that is high end and reputable like KWV2/3.

Keep it real.

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Victimize For This Useful Post:

ryan2.3 (03-25-2014)

Ride
    '91 318i, '11 550i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that's probably the longest term use i've read about the racelands.. glad it worked out. I may pick a set up for all 3 cars. Maybe i can get a deal for multiples from them

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345