Thread: Front Grill backlit LED mounting locations?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Front Grill backlit LED mounting locations?

This is my current light setup.

Lights under the dash and seats, as well as all of the door trays and trunk.

wanted to do something similar to the job this guy has done for his '06 3. would ask him directly but seems he hasnt updated his page in around a year.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3820670/2006-mazda-mazda3

anyways, wanted to know if anyone has any suggestions on where to mount the lights so that they give even light and dont shine of the rad too much.

Im also aware i cant drive with these on so i plan to wire a switch into the console where it wont be set accidentally.

also wouldnt mind if someone could give me a tip or two on lighting the centre cup holders with led strips.

if anyones done this on their ride pictures would be great help.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Front Grill backlit LED mounting locations?

Quote Originally Posted by Chris RJG View Post

also wouldnt mind if someone could give me a tip or two on lighting the centre cup holders with led strips.

if anyones done this on their ride pictures would be great help.
    one of my first mods and first posts back then - scroll lower for the pics
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ics&highlight=

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Souls. Alot more straight forward than i thought. didnt think direct source would all that good but it looks great!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks Souls. Alot more straight forward than i thought. didnt think direct source would all that good but it looks great!
    no problem, where'd you power your door pocket LEDs off of? After I did my cup holder, I wanted the pockets red too, but couldn't be bothered to pull the panel off, plus I'm lucky my kids let me get anything done

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

all the lights in my car are powered off of the same source you used im pretty sure. the 12v source in the center console. wires then run up to the left edge of the dash with switches wired into the accessory panel. then you can weave the wiring through the stock door grommets for factory wiring. I have 2 or 3 m3's ill be doing this on once the weather is a little bit warmer. One of the guys is a member on here too so between the two of us we'll get a full write up most likely detailing it.

i also had my door panels off again today, pretty easy and lets you access the pocket from the back edge to feed the wiring through the seam.

sorry for the late reply

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im also interested in doing a grill backlight like the one you described only thing i can think of is if u have a drill use teh battery to power leds u plan on using and at night time go a a very dark place and just power them and move them to different positions and see how they light up the grill. (u watch while another person does it.) then go accordingly thats the only logical thing i can think of for placement.

what leds did you use for your under dash/seats and car door cupholders? can u give me a link? i'm considering doing this also

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry its been so long since my last post. I got my grill done and added some in the fog light location. These are the lights i ended up using for all LED's
    http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Good-5M-Blue-...ht_2396wt_1344

ive been on the forum alot more lately so if you need some tips post back and ill try and get back to you

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i have them on my car but i have an AE grille...i also have them on the lower part as well and i do drive with them on. i use white instead, i might have some pics but i'll have to go look for them...i tapped them to my angel eyes which are tapped to the fuse box
    Lights: 6000K HID - 14000K HID fogs - Angel Eyes -Full LEDs interior/exterior - LED foot wells
    Audio: Pioneer AVH-P2300DVD - Alpine 12" Type R 500W in bassworx - Alpine MRP500
    Cosmetic: Blue painted Calipers - RHOplate - Carbon fibre insert - Blacked out emblems - 15% tint all around - Blue Rally Armour Mudflaps - Tinted Tails - Eyelids - AE Rep Grille - GV Rep Lip
    Performance: Cosmo SRI - Vibrant Strut Bar - Mazdaspeed3 CBE
    Shoes: 17" Work Emotion XT7 on Falken FK512

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you pop over to my profile my pic is pretty recent. i went with blue on mine, asked a few cops aswell and for the time being theyre legal. apparently theyre trying to change that though

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if you pop over to my profile my pic is pretty recent. i went with blue on mine, asked a few cops aswell and for the time being theyre legal. apparently theyre trying to change that though
    blue led mounting on the front grill is legal ?! :O
    1995 Nissan 240sx Kouki - Racecar
    2005 Mazda3 Sport GT 2.3L - Daily

Thanks
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by yuvannr View Post
    blue led mounting on the front grill is legal ?! :O
    hell no, what is this? daybreakers? any blue light on the exterior of the car is strictly forbidden unless your removing snow. tbh, i think blue lights are kinda tacky... its again... one of those laws that isnt enforced much but is starting to become a nuisance

50 shades of silver

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by silverstarmazda View Post
    hell no, what is this? daybreakers? any blue light on the exterior of the car is strictly forbidden unless your removing snow. tbh, i think blue lights are kinda tacky... its again... one of those laws that isnt enforced much but is starting to become a nuisance
    ive asked numerous officers in my area, they have all said that so long as they are not flashing or under the car they are fine, that the current traffic act does not forbid them. i have read portions of the act myself and would tend to agree with you, but since having the discussion with the officers they all end up saying theyre fine and kind of cool. at very most, if i were to get an officer trying to issue i ticket for them, i can claim ignorance, tell them what other officers have told me and turn them off. they are switch controlled after all

Thanks
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ive asked numerous officers in my area, they have all said that so long as they are not flashing or under the car they are fine, that the current traffic act does not forbid them. i have read portions of the act myself and would tend to agree with you, but since having the discussion with the officers they all end up saying theyre fine and kind of cool. at very most, if i were to get an officer trying to issue i ticket for them, i can claim ignorance, tell them what other officers have told me and turn them off. they are switch controlled after all
    but how many cops out there are cool? not a lot. how many cops do we know that have been jerks? plenty. issuing tickets for stupid reasons. doesnt matter if YOU know the law, they will still issue it to you no matter wat. doesnt matter if you decide to fight it or turn it on the for ignorance. they will give you the ticket. will they listen to you if u told them you have read the act or asked numerous cops? no they wont. if your pulled over, its almost a guarantee that they will give you a ticket of some sort. wether its for the original offense or not. they will find something. doesnt matter if they are switch controlled, if its there. its there no matter on/off. the thing is, are you willing to spend time, possibly money and a record for just some blue lights in your grill?

no offense to any officers on the board, i am practicing to become an officer myself