Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: autotech or kmd?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default autotech or kmd?

okay so i wanted to order these internals a while back but i hit a snag and couldnt do it!..but now i gotz the moneyz for it and i am ready to order but i thought i would just run this by you guys...what would you prefer? the autotech internals? or the kmd internals? now i i have heard alot of people go with the auto tech internals but is that just because of prefrence or are they actually better? bottom line i need fuel pump internals and its gonna happen i would just rather grab them from the vendor who has a more reputable name.. what do you guys think?

EDIT: there is also the ptp internals but everytime i mentioned those to someone they would say be very weary of them so those are out of the question.
    hmmmm....i need a new sig.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: autotech or kmd?

Personally I went with autotech, I didn't feel comfortable putting KMD v1-3 in my car. After 3000km+ holds pressure perfectly no complaints *fingers crossed* just my 2c

Banned
    Ride
    Mazdaspeed6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i cant speak for any of the ones you want but i had my CPe pump for 4 years now with out any problems

Ride
    2010 MS3 (black mica)
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with Autotech based on several recommendations on msf

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going cpe pump, there's a reason it costs more

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mcguyver, myself, and polish eagle all have CP-E pumps as well.
    Want to work on your car but not sure how, send me a PM. Learn the way of Nator.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CelestSpeed3 View Post
    Mcguyver, myself, and polish eagle all have CP-E pumps as well.
    I also have the cp-e pump. I considered internals, but I looked beyond price, and went pump.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    I also have the cp-e pump. I considered internals, but I looked beyond price, and went pump.
    price isnt primarily the issue i just dont see the justification of spending 1000 when i can spend 350 and do it myself

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abstrakt View Post
    price isnt primarily the issue i just dont see the justification of spending 1000 when i can spend 350 and do it myself
    it's $1000 if you don't send your core back, it's ~$700. The difference is warranty for one. Cp-e if you ever have an issue you have warranty support..if you go internals and something fails, then what ?

Banned
    Ride
    Mazdaspeed6
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CPe pump is $730 let me know if you need 1

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by S.F.W. View Post
    it's $1000 if you don't send your core back, it's ~$700. The difference is warranty for one. Cp-e if you ever have an issue you have warranty support..if you go internals and something fails, then what ?
    but doesn't an aftermarket pump void a Mazda warranty? Internals are more difficult for the dealer to 'catch' in case there is a warranty issue? Or if one decides to upgrade their pump, they are okay with the fact that their warranty is voided?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hemlor View Post
    but doesn't an aftermarket pump void a Mazda warranty? Internals are more difficult for the dealer to 'catch' in case there is a warranty issue? Or if one decides to upgrade their pump, they are okay with the fact that their warranty is voided?
    If you're going to mod the car with a pump, chances are you're gonna do DP or some other mod that would void the warranty anyway. Basically, if you're worried about the factory warranty, you shouldn't be modding in the first place.

Ride
    C400
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fywdyl View Post
    If you're going to mod the car with a pump, chances are you're gonna do DP or some other mod that would void the warranty anyway. Basically, if you're worried about the factory warranty, you shouldn't be modding in the first place.
    +1 and I believe the cpe pump looks exactly like the oem pump, so if they are not going pop the pump open it really doesnt matter... I use kmd v3 for around 3 months installed by jimmy, it's all good!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fywdyl View Post
    If that was the case, then yes, I agree. However, if someone wanted only to install an SRI and fuel pump, and leave the DP until after the warranty period, internals may be safer option for keeping the warranty. But I am only speculating as I have not installed an HPFP, or SRI, and haven't had an engine-related warranty issue.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went with autotech so abt 3000KM, so far no prob.
    But if i have extra cash, I would had gone for CPE pump
    - 2011 Crystal White Pearl Mazdaspeed 3 -
    - Street Tuned by MSpeed (Fobio) - Cobb SF SRI - Cobb TIH - Cobb DP - Denso ITV22 - Forge V2 BPV - Tanabe Strutbar - Buddy Club Voltage Condenser - Saikou-Michi OCC - Autotech HPFP Internals - CPe TMIC - CPe Stage 2 RMM - Redline Hood QuickLift Elite - Defi BF Gauges - Innovate DB Wideband Gauge - James Barone SSP+Bushing - ARC Titanium Shift Knob - Hawk HP+ - Stoptech SS lines - Swift Spec R Springs - Whiteline Rear Swaybar - Volk Racing RE30 18x8.5 - Project Kics R40 Neo Chrome -

Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I answered this for you in the other thread where you asked this question

Just leave your car stock and live in peace

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...l=1#post903420

Asking the same question multiple times in multiple threads doesn't change the answer

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lokiaparandi View Post
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...l=1#post903420

Asking the same question multiple times in multiple threads doesn't change the answer
    In this thread I was responding to a comment, but I phrased it in a form of a question. You did reply to a question I had, but what I asked was the advantages to internals versus complete pump, and hypothesized why internals may be beneficial. Your comment that I should just leave my car stock is taken, but I would rather ask multiple times to get multiple opinions so that if I do decide to modify my car, I have as much information as possible. I appreciate your responses, and your knowledge but if it annoys you, please feel free to ignore.

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have talked to each and everyone of you in some form or another so let me interject with a slice of what is the reality of things for most guys:

1. abtrakt/Adam is an apprentice mechanic. Not only should he be able to do the internals himself, he'd likely enjoy the challenge, and willing to deal with any consequences.

2. hemlor is more concerned about his warranty and whether an upgraded pump will affect it. it's a moot point since leaving the car stock, you will be covered by warranty and if you mod, then warranty be damned.

3. everyone else, either have chosen to get internals installed by a trusted mechanic, likely at about $350 for parts and $120 for install...or about $470 - 500. Or they got in on a CP-e FP for a no-hassle solution that comes with a warranty. since they plan to make more power, they understand the fuel pump is just one of the many steps, albeit one of the most important, to get to their goal.

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think Abstrakt is more than capable of installing the internals himself, even its with a bit of "supervision"

Thanks
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

In this thread I was responding to a comment, but I phrased it in a form of a question. You did reply to a question I had, but what I asked was the advantages to internals versus complete pump, and hypothesized why internals may be beneficial. Your comment that I should just leave my car stock is taken, but I would rather ask multiple times to get multiple opinions so that if I do decide to modify my car, I have as much information as possible. I appreciate your responses, and your knowledge but if it annoys you, please feel free to ignore.
    you asked if the dealer will be able to "catch" you with a fuel pump and void your warranty.

I told you that the pump from cp-e is the same as your stock pump. You then asked that same question again. I'm not annoyed and neither should you be.

All bullshit aside, the benefit of going with the cp-e fuel pump is the lifetime warranty and the fact that they test the product and break it in for you. At the end of the day, they're taking in other MS3 stock pumps and changing out the internals. Pretty much the same as you changing out the internals yourself, but they are guaranteeing you that they did it correctly.

If you are mechanically capable, then you should have no problems with swapping in a good set of internals.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you asked if the dealer will be able to "catch" you with a fuel pump and void your warranty.

I told you that the pump from cp-e is the same as your stock pump. You then asked that same question again. I'm not annoyed and neither should you be.

All bullshit aside, the benefit of going with the cp-e fuel pump is the lifetime warranty and the fact that they test the product and break it in for you. At the end of the day, they're taking in other MS3 stock pumps and changing out the internals. Pretty much the same as you changing out the internals yourself, but they are guaranteeing you that they did it correctly.

If you are mechanically capable, then you should have no problems with swapping in a good set of internals.
    Ok, good stuff, not annoyed at all. I was only asking what benefits internals had over complete pump, and it seems it comes down to price vs. lifetime pump warranty. Makes sense to me.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Abstrakt is more than capable of installing the internals himself, even its with a bit of "supervision"
    you guys are too kind haaha but i could def use the moral support when it comes time to install

Thanks
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Love my autotech internals. I installed them myself and they work great! Never had any issue.
    Hole In Block Tuning! I'll give you HIB.
    2010 MS3 Black
    395whp/386wtq
    | Molnar Rods | CP-e Stage 2 Pistons | Much Head Work | ATP GTX3076 | Tial 38mm EWG | HTP 4 Inch Intake | BSD | Passenger and Rear MM | Denso ITV22's | OCC | Ultimate Racing TBE | Tredstone TR8C FMIC | Tial BPV | Autotech Internals | Grimmspeed ECBS 3 port | Te37 Volks| 245/45/17 Dunlop zzi tires| Cobb AP Self Street Tuned | Sonic Tuning CO's | stoptech breaks and slotted roters |

Banned
    Ride
    another mazda
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by abstrakt View Post
    you guys are too kind haaha but i could def use the moral support when it comes time to install
    Dont be scared. Your an auto mechanic.after all bro!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast