Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Legalize Marijuana or not?

Should it be legalized or not?

"There is no path to happiness: Happiness is the path " ~Buddha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Ernest Hemingway

Sr Member
    Ride
    BMW F30 328i 6MT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Legalize Marijuana or not?

100% for the decriminalization/government regulation of marijuana.

--- CURRENT - 2012 BMW 328i 6MT :: White on Red ---

--- OLD - 2006 Mazda3 GT GFX 5MT :: Black on Black ---

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This always gives me a chuckle...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only problem I have with that, poses a few more questions;
    Should the government do what you say..... would they then then also allow anyone to produce/sell/process this marijuana?
    Reason I pose this extra question is that if the government allows free production/selling, I think the following problems as a result, would be initiated;

1. government allows open production of marijuana;
    Anyone that smokes this stuff knows that depending on who manufactures this stuff currently, can and DOES lace/cure it with all sorts of "illicit" substances to "enhance" it's effects (THC, acid, heroin, MDMA, the list goes on) . And THIS opens up a whole new can of worms. This would mean our gov't when then have to devote a whole new department/system (costing us BILLIONS of $$$) totally devoted to policing, maintaining, selling, etc., not to mention spin off costs that would no doubt follow, such as the revamping of volumes upon volumes of our current laws and justice system that govern the use of/or sale of these illicit drugs.....AGAIN costing us BILLIONS of dollars, not to mention years and years of wasted court time while the bureaucratic lawyers and law makers decide how they're going to proceed.

2. should the government allow anyone to market/distribute/sell this stuff.
    Another "red herring" of problems arise as a result of this..
    a. would most likely promote cross border trafficking (smugglers getting to border, and once crossed, is now legal)
    b. black market production/selling/marketing of said product without the government getting their "cut"

All this is just the tip of the iceberg here fellas. I know what your thinking...he's WAYYY over thinking it...well I'm not really because as I just said, this is just the tip of the iceberg, and it's NOT so clear cut. Anyone that has ever been F*(.)d over by a lawyer in court knows that once lawyers get involved....things get really messy...(I apologize if there are any lawyers on this forum but I'm just speaking from experience)

And if I had more time to think about this question, I could easily come up with more questions, reasons, etc for us to not do this.
    Oh, and before anyone thinks this..." he's probably some gov't pogue from revenue Canada, or some conservative a**H#)le"... I mos tcertainly am N O T ! ! ! ! not by a long shot.
    I despise the gov't we have here, and the way they govern our taxes (raping us blind) blah blah blah... but that's another story so don't get me started ok...

whheew...this has to be my longest post yet
    2012 Mz3 GS SkyActiv CWP Mods; DDM 50w 6k lows / Headlights tinted with Lamin-X 6% overlay / DRL Nokya Hyper Yellows / Foglights; Morimoto 35w 3K's with Lamin-X yellow overlay / Dealer tinted sides n rear / KiCkER kx 600.4 4ch amp / Alpine Type "R" comps front / Alpine SPR-68's rear / License plate LED's / Interior LED's /***MY ICE UPGRADE***http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...-Zoomahh's 2012-SkyActiv-ice-upgrade*** /Detail Day July 2013 http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...il-Day-!-!-!-D
    2011 Mz2 GX CWP (wifey's car) / led interiors only

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol I smoked weed every day for over 10years and not ONCE came across any that was "laced" with anything....there's no money to be made by giving away more expensive drugs with weed. Unless you're specifically asking for, and paying for it, it just doesnt happen.

And there's no way the government would allow just anyone to produce / sell marijuana....they'd want to have strict controls over the production / distribution, so they could make sure to extract every last tax dollar. Its just like alcohol or cigarettes - legal to buy, but illegal for a regular citizen to produce and sell.

Ride
    my husband
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Legalize, no...decriminalize...yes. It's still a drug, but dont give someone a record for having a dime baggy, give them a ticket. Anything over an ounce and I say that's not legit.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trying to tread lightly on this subject, since it is an open forum.

But I will say this.
    Alcohol is worse than weed on so many levels, yet it is more socially (and legally) accepted.

There is no dependance on smoking weed. It is not addictive. It is not a gateway drug.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've smoked for a while now, and I use it to help me sleep at night, if I don't I can be awake some crazy hours. I will admit that I do use for a social thing as well though. I am not a big drinker, so while everyone is around getting hammered and puking, I'm just eating a bunch of munchies

I did get stuff that was laced once, and it was crazy, watching a waterfall off the side of a table in a bar with my buddy and the rest of our friends wondering wtf we were doing lol.

I think it should be decriminalized, that's why I go to the freedom frestival every year. (the biggest outdoor venue and also the one with the least amount of destruction (nil), injuries, or police invovled.
    2008 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4x4
    KICKER / ALPINE / MTX / STINGER / TSUNAMI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus, stoners drive the late night munchies economy, especially downtown. Those small mom and pop restaurants? They love stoners

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post

But I will say this.
    Alcohol is worse than weed on so many levels, yet it is more socially (and legally) accepted.

There is no dependance on smoking weed. It is not addictive. It is not a gateway drug.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by FoXy View Post
    Legalize, no...decriminalize...yes. It's still a drug, but dont give someone a record for having a dime baggy, give them a ticket. Anything over an ounce and I say that's not legit.
    +1 Absolutely, Legalize NO it will be worse than it is now... Decriminalize is the way to go...

Ride
    Your Mom
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If alcohol is worse than weed then why would you say no to legalization? Alcohol is also a mind altering substance and more people die from it so where is the logic in simply decriminalizing marijuana?

Ride
    my husband
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol is a lost cause, it's already legal, can't take that back now.

Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

people don't die from weed, they just get hungry. really really hungry....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tax it and fix our roads, so i can get to restaurants faster

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly, that's what I was trying to think of this morning having a coffee at 0 dark 30 yes to decriminalize and NO to legalize. Screwing someone's life over for a freakin joint or a dime bag is a waste of our tax money and not worth court time
    Well put Fox

Someone earlier made a comment about weed not being laced with other chemicals because it didn't happen and dealers don't give that stuff away;
    It DID happen when I was younger... Acid, and cocaine was not uncommon.... As for the dealers giving it away;
    They most certainly did NOT!!! But what they did say was this "you want Acapulco gold? $4 per joint... But I got some mixed with purple microdot (a brand of acid at the time) but these ones are $8 each

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is alcohol.

I don't smoke (have before), but I see no issue with it. Plus do you realize how much money the gov could make off this? Would help out with debt/taxes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But I will say this.

You had me until the last sentence. Weak people will get addicted to anything. I have seen guys who cannot go without a joint or 2 a day, and most if not all have moved onto harder drugs at some point. Not saying it happens to everyone, but to say it doesn't happen is just false. Then again, same can be said for some people and booze.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
    You had me until the last sentence. Weak people will get addicted to anything. I have seen guys who cannot go without a joint or 2 a day, and most if not all have moved onto harder drugs at some point. Not saying it happens to everyone, but to say it doesn't happen is just false. Then again, same can be said for some people and booze.
    I have personally smoked for at least 8years, and have only once tried anything else (mushrooms) and they did nothing to me...

We use to go for a dube cruise and then to the theater to watch a retarded movie...one of the guys working there said they were not suppose to let us in...but when you spend $30 person on food they don't really kick you out.

To add, I can't stand having a cigarette either really, the taste just turns me off.

I also take a week off if I need to to, I went all last week without anything because I could feel my belt getting tighter, and know what the cause is..I was itching for some, I did however get barely any sleep....

However, if I am short on money I'm not afraid to have to go without.

Having a toke is a lot more relaxing then sitting down and drinking 5 or 6 beers to me..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....Anyone in Aurora want to come over and hit some bongs??

I kid I kid..................

maybe.

Interior; Pioneer x920B & Full Pioneer System // HVAC Knobs // LED Everywhurr
    Exterior; 21/17 Tint // GV Front Lip // OEM Rainguards //18 MSR 045 // Eibach Prokits // OEM Sideskirts

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post

but they dont need rehab or go into convulsions or withdrawal if they dont get to smoke weed. Unlike alcohol or harder drugs
    They may be addicted to the habit of their social aspect or lifestyle rythm. But they are not addicted to the weed itself.

Theres a difference between "addiciton" and "dependance"
    Angry Birds is addictive. Alcoholism is a dependance.
    Even the most addictive toker, will not go into real withdrawal if they cant get get a joint for a day

A gateway drug is the initial substance that leads to harder substance use.
    I'm almost certain that 100% of tokers have tried something else before smoking weed on a regular. For instance Cigarettes and / or alcohol.
    People dont just jump into smoking weed without getting addicted to a buzz in some other form.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alcohol is a lost cause, it's already legal, can't take that back now.
    they banned it before

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but they dont need rehab or go into convulsions or withdrawal if they dont get to smoke weed. Unlike alcohol or harder drugs
    They may be addicted to the habit of their social aspect or lifestyle rythm. But they are not addicted to the weed itself.

Theres a difference between "addiciton" and "dependance"
    Angry Birds is addictive. Alcoholism is a dependance.
    Even the most addictive toker, will not go into real withdrawal if they cant get get a joint for a day

A gateway drug is the initial substance that leads to harder substance use.
    I'm almost certain that 100% of tokers have tried something else before smoking weed on a regular. For instance Cigarettes and / or alcohol.
    People dont just jump into smoking weed without getting addicted to a buzz in some other form.
    Peer pressure.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    Peer pressure.
    same peer pressure probably got them hooked on smoking cigarettes of drinking alcohol first

Thanks
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read through all of what was said.

I'm not sure wether they should legalize it or not. That would be a huge taxable revenue.
    I'm not even sure how they should go about decriminalizing it.

I just think its beyond stupid that opioids like cocaine and crack are considered " better" then pot.

If you actually look at the class of drugs pot is one of the few on full criminal list. Meaning there is no legal reason to use it. Yet cocaine has a legal use.

IMO it's one of the simpler drugs and back in the day when I did smoke it, I was very calm and productive. But with allergy pills I get screwed.

I know longer smoke due to being busted and paranoia that was attributed to it. That is where my problem lies. Pot can have many negative side effects for those going through mental problems. It can lead to depression, paranoia and ultimately minor ( sometime major) mental health problems. Then again so can alcohol.

NOW. if it comes to pot vs salvia. Legalize pot criminalize salvia.

Ps.

To those who said you don't go through withdrawals.
    I beg to differ. Under certain conditions people can go through mental and physical withdrawals from pot. When I quit, I fell into a deep depression and was very close to having to be hospitalized. I lost 30 lbs and was in bed for a week. Is it as hard as some drugs. No. Can it still be tough. Yes.

Some background.

Started smoking daily when I was 10. Quit when I was 17. By 13 I was up to 1 oz a week, at 15 was lacing my own pot. Got hooked on dex shortly after for about 3 month and 2 years later quit pot.
    Last edited by peterm15; 03-12-2012 at 04:15 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peterm15 View Post

If you actually look at the class of drugs pot is one of the few on full criminal list. Meaning there is no legal reason to use it. Yet cocaine has a legal use.

IMO it's one of the simpler drugs and back in the day when I did smoke it, I was very calm and productive. But with allergy pills I get screwed.

I know longer smoke due to being busted and paranoia that was attributed to it. That is where my problem lies. Pot can have many negative side effects for those going through mental problems. It can lead to depression, paranoia and ultimately minor ( sometime major) mental health problems. Then again so can alcohol.

NOW. if it comes to pot vs salvia. Legalize pot criminalize salvia.
    And it is also 100% natural, and can be grown, not "manufactured".

I can focus like a mofo if I have a little puff, if I have a couple drinks, I am seeing double.

I would rather buy a 1/4 then go buy a 24 of beer. Personal preference.

The first time I was really drunk, I was sicker then a dog and hung over for 2 days and never wanted to drink again...I am not saying I still don't drink, it just all depends on what each individual finds they can relax to and enjoy themselves with.

I smoked weed long before I tried smoking cigarettes to add. The smell and taste of them turn me right off..

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast