Your Mom
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Legalize Marijuana or not?

Quote Originally Posted by peterm15 View Post

I just think its beyond stupid that opioids like cocaine and crack are considered " better" then pot.
    cocaine/crack is not an opioid. Probably thinking about heroin lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a documentary done on the marijuana industry in BC a few years back. Basically what it boiled down to was that Marijuana was a $7billion dollar industry in BC alone. There is no way they are going to legalize it as it employs too many people.

However, as it becomes more social and more people start speaking about about it, things may change. Maybe in 20-30 years it will be sold in convenience stores like tobacco.
    Last edited by n00bMeiSter; 03-12-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    Warning!!!
    A STAGE#5 POST WHORE IN TRAINING...

2004 GT Arctic White :: Manual 2.3 ::
    SRI | HID | Moustache

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Started smoking daily when I was 10. Quit when I was 17. By 13 I was up to 1 oz a week, at 15 was lacing my own pot. Got hooked on dex shortly after for about 3 month and 2 years later quit pot.
    Just curious
    were you smoking weed or cigarettes daily at the age of 10?
    is it possible the withdrawal symptoms were from the use of dex?

Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    Just curious
    were you smoking weed or cigarettes daily at the age of 10?
    is it possible the withdrawal symptoms were from the use of dex?
    weed at age 10 unless you measure your ciggarettes by the ounce

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

but they dont need rehab or go into convulsions or withdrawal if they dont get to smoke weed. Unlike alcohol or harder drugs
    They may be addicted to the habit of their social aspect or lifestyle rythm. But they are not addicted to the weed itself.

Theres a difference between "addiciton" and "dependance"
    Angry Birds is addictive. Alcoholism is a dependance.
    Even the most addictive toker, will not go into real withdrawal if they cant get get a joint for a day

A gateway drug is the initial substance that leads to harder substance use.
    I'm almost certain that 100% of tokers have tried something else before smoking weed on a regular. For instance Cigarettes and / or alcohol.
    People dont just jump into smoking weed without getting addicted to a buzz in some other form.
    Meh, semantics. It doesn't matter why you are addicted, the point was you can become addicted.

I am all for legalization or it, I just don't like when people push one side or the other and put out blanket statements that are false. You seem to be pushing that it is good and there are no side effects or negatives that come along with it. I don't think it is horrible by any means, and have had it before and will again, but won't try to convince others with the "its not as bad as alcohol" or "It isn't a gateway drug because someone had a beer once before trying weed".

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kessly Snipes View Post
    Meh, semantics. It doesn't matter why you are addicted, the point was you can become addicted.

I am all for legalization or it, I just don't like when people push one side or the other and put out blanket statements that are false. You seem to be pushing that it is good and there are no side effects or negatives that come along with it. I don't think it is horrible by any means, and have had it before and will again, but won't try to convince others with the "its not as bad as alcohol" or "It isn't a gateway drug because someone had a beer once before trying weed".
    - I'm not pushing any side.
    - and my statements are not false.

and im not trying to convince people to smoke weed because its better than alcohol.
    I'm simply stating that consumption, possession and private manufacturing of alcohol is legal.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

- I'm not pushing any side.
    - and my statements are not false.

and im not trying to convince people to smoke weed because its better than alcohol.
    I'm simply stating that consumption, possession and private manufacturing of alcohol is legal.
    I agree, just the way you are saying it has the "agenda" feel to it.

And the statement that it is not addictive is false. Pretty much anyone who went to high school knows someone who was addicted to it, be it the habit, the high or the social aspect. It really doesn't matter why.

Again, i am not against it at all, and agree it isn't nearly as bad for you as many other things (including booze at high consumption levels). I think it should be legalized and sold just as beer is.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People who say weed isnt addictive probably havent been smoking daily for 10+ yrs....it most assuredly is.
    Of course the addiction is more mental than physical, but its an addiction nonetheless. Obviously not as severe as say, Heroin, but there is certainly potential for addiction. That being said, each and every one of us are different and will react to things uniquely. Some people dont have issues quiting, others do. There is no blanket statement that applies to everyone.
    And its also bad for your health too....mental and physical. Sure I finished 5yrs at university while smoking daily, but eventually it started to take its toll. Coughing up loads of black shit whenever I'd get sick, having a hard time remember things that happened the day before....it DOES take its toll on your body and your mind.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Weed and cigs at 10. I still smoke cigs.
    I quit weed 2 years after dex. Dexedrin had its own withdrawal. Weed had another. ( defiantly less problems quitting weed. It was more the mental. )

For those who don't know. Dex is a prescription drug like ritilan( sp*). I started taking it to " focus" during exams. It kind of backfired on me and within 2 weeks I was up to 18 caps a day. Straight, crushed, just the powder ect ect. It's the only straight chem I have ever done. ( the way it was supposed to be done)

And yes I was thinking heroin. I do believe coke and crack are in the same class. ( it's an ABC thing)

To the poster above.

I haven't smoked even once in almost 10 years and I still get called the biggest stoner by all my stoner friends. They are daily smokers. And alot of it.
    Memory is shot. Concentration is shot but I started young so it could be that I never had it. Lol.
    I agree with you. It WILL have an effect on you.
    Last edited by peterm15; 03-12-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading my previous posts - you are right. I should have phrased it as "Weed doesn't have a PHYSICAL addiction" (unlike the harder drugs). But still stand by my statement that weed is not a dependent drug.

Like I said - it's an open forum, and I don't want to state my opinion on it

I will say this though - I smoked cigs since I was 13. Went on to alcohol and then weed. Smoked weed daily until about 7-8 years ago. then quit overnight without any physical withdrawal. The only issues I had was getting over the repetitiveness of the habit when associated with other activities. For instance, having a session before going to a club or watching a movie.

I do know people that went on to having several mental issues - but it was never determined if it was the marijuana that caused it, or the years of abuse w/ other substances.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes! same rules should apply to weed as alcohol. minus the whole drinking in public.... and treat it like smoking cigarettes

Thanks
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PR3Y11 View Post
    yes! same rules should apply to weed as alcohol. minus the whole drinking in public.... and treat it like smoking cigarettes
    There banning cigarettes. How does that help. ( there has been discussions about banning smoking on Toronto streets as well as in cars.)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There banning cigarettes. How does that help. ( there has been discussions about banning smoking on Toronto streets as well as in cars.)
    that just ruined my day.... and sry if i missed any valuable info i only read the thread title

you can't be serious about the ban of cigs right. that's absurd. no smoking in restaurants and bars, okay that understandable, patios still understandable, but in public streets or on you're own property??? that blows

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

that just ruined my day.... and sry if i missed any valuable info i only read the thread title

you can't be serious about the ban of cigs right. that's absurd. no smoking in restaurants and bars, okay that understandable, patios still understandable, but in public streets or on you're own property??? that blows
    I've heard that also
    Some places are enforcing smoking in front of entry ways. Hospitals won't even let you smoke in the parking lot beside your car.

I've heard of people getting pulled over for smoking in their car (that has a "baby on board" or "family" sticker on it. No tickets issued but a time killer and a 5 minute paranoia trip

*does anyone remember the movie "Demolition Man" where the govt banned everything that was deemed not good for you? Including sex LOL FAAACCKCKKKKK!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've heard that also
    Some places are enforcing smoking in front of entry ways. Hospitals won't even let you smoke in the parking lot beside your car.

I've heard of people getting pulled over for smoking in their car (that has a "baby on board" or "family" sticker on it. No tickets issued but a time killer and a 5 minute paranoia trip

*does anyone remember the movie "Demolition Man" where the govt banned everything that was deemed not good for you? Including sex LOL FAAACCKCKKKKK!!!
    entryways and hospitals sounds about right. since you don't wanna blow smoke in everyones faces and some patients my be a little more sensitive to it than others

and the whole car thing... i believe you CAN be ticketed now if you're smoking in you're car with a child under 16 years of age. not sure the fine, but if you are smoking with a kid in the car then that kid should be able to kick you in the face when ever they feel like it.

for me, i'd just like to be able to smoke when and where i want given i've used my discretion to also allow others to feel comfortable that i'm doing so.... i hope lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry... i am serious.
    Again another wonderful idea from preimer dad.

Ride
    RAM 1500 HEMI
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chronic by nature has no addictive characteristics your friends are smoking some next stuff if they are "addicted" to it. IT NEEDS TO BE LEGALIZED, however in reality more money is made off it being illegal. So in that respect keep doing it just don't get booked haha
    2008 Copper Red Mazda 3 GS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you know what, just a thought. if marijuana ever becomes legal even the cops be getting high! that's kinda scary...
    2006 Mazda 3 GS

Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    you know what, just a thought. if marijuana ever becomes legal even the cops be getting high! that's kinda scary...
    That's like saying cops are always drunk because alcohol is legal

Retry

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Punkrockjohn View Post
    however in reality more money is made off it being illegal.
    How so? Please elaborate...

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't read through all of what was said.

I'm not sure wether they should legalize it or not. That would be a huge taxable revenue.
    I'm not even sure how they should go about decriminalizing it.

I just think its beyond stupid that opioids like cocaine and crack are considered " better" then pot.

If you actually look at the class of drugs pot is one of the few on full criminal list. Meaning there is no legal reason to use it. Yet cocaine has a legal use.

IMO it's one of the simpler drugs and back in the day when I did smoke it, I was very calm and productive. But with allergy pills I get screwed.

I know longer smoke due to being busted and paranoia that was attributed to it. That is where my problem lies. Pot can have many negative side effects for those going through mental problems. It can lead to depression, paranoia and ultimately minor ( sometime major) mental health problems. Then again so can alcohol.

NOW. if it comes to pot vs salvia. Legalize pot criminalize salvia.

Ps.

To those who said you don't go through withdrawals.
    I beg to differ. Under certain conditions people can go through mental and physical withdrawals from pot. When I quit, I fell into a deep depression and was very close to having to be hospitalized. I lost 30 lbs and was in bed for a week. Is it as hard as some drugs. No. Can it still be tough. Yes.

Some background.

Started smoking daily when I was 10. Quit when I was 17. By 13 I was up to 1 oz a week, at 15 was lacing my own pot. Got hooked on dex shortly after for about 3 month and 2 years later quit pot.
    Mary Jane is considered an entry or gateway drug and therefore it is being targeted. I think your story and progression of drugs is what's happening to some youth today. As the high becomes less extreme, teens are taking more of it or inhaling it in a purer form, then moving on to something stronger and stronger.
    If you really want to know about the different types of psychoactive drugs then check out (pictures and explanations):
    http://www.erowid.org/splash.php

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Swing and a miss.

When was the last time you saw a drunk (on duty) cop

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Superintendant Earl Witty (Head of Traffic Services for Toronto Police)

http://news.sympatico.ca/oped/coffee..._work/20c9b49b
    http://news.nationalpost.com/tag/earl-witty/

...they only hire the best and the brightest :p

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they should legalize it, tax it, then use the tax money to increase education funding

Ride
    my husband
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Mary Jane is considered an entry or gateway drug and therefore it is being targeted. I think your story and progression of drugs is what's happening to some youth today. As the high becomes less extreme, teens are taking more of it or inhaling it in a purer form, then moving on to something stronger and stronger.
    If you really want to know about the different types of psychoactive drugs then check out (pictures and explanations):
    http://www.erowid.org/splash.php
    BAM! Straight from the mouth of a teacher... You heard it here kids! Drugs are bad! lol

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast