Thread: Maple Mazda

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up Maple Mazda

I picked up my car 2 weeks ago from Maple Mazda. I purchased the car from Stephen and he is a great guy. It started off a bit rocky in the beginning but everything went smoothly thereafter. The delivery process was smooth as well. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

On another note, while I was picking up my car, I started talking with Marco there and he was extremely helpful. I hadn't driven stick in a few years and needed a refresher. Marco stayed past his shift and gave me a tutorial around the parking lot, even though he had nothing to do with the sale nor did he get any money from me. After I picked up my car, I had to go back a week later to pick up my floor mats (which were given to me for free) by the dealership, which Stephen very generously arranged. Also, while I was there, Marco gave my car a complimentary wash himself, and gave me a tips on how to take care of the paint on my car.

All in all I would say my experience with the dealership has been great! Everyone is very professional and helpful, and I got a car that I love from them!

Sr Member
    Ride
    BMW F30 328i 6MT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Maple Mazda

Glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience @ Maple.

Out of curiosity, how come things were "a bit rocky" initially? and how did they resolve any concerns you had?

Enjoy your purchase!

--- CURRENT - 2012 BMW 328i 6MT :: White on Red ---

--- OLD - 2006 Mazda3 GT GFX 5MT :: Black on Black ---

Thanks
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I also bought my Mazda 3 from Steven in Maple Mazda he gave me a nice deal and I have only good things to say about him and recommend him to everyone, I need to pick up my free floor mats too this week, we'll see how it goes

Ride
    The White Pony
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They need their own water like Avante...Mazda water is required for Mazdaspeed

Great dealership as far as I've seen though. I get my service done there.
    Got a variety of OEM Mazda 3 parts that need to go, thread coming soon, PM me for details!

Affiliate - Maple Mazda
    Ride
    1981 RX-7
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thank you very much for the great feedback.
    I'm a phone call away if you need anything.
    enjoy your beautifull machine

Quote Originally Posted by mickey_g View Post
    I picked up my car 2 weeks ago from Maple Mazda. I purchased the car from Stephen and he is a great guy. It started off a bit rocky in the beginning but everything went smoothly thereafter. The delivery process was smooth as well. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.

On another note, while I was picking up my car, I started talking with Marco there and he was extremely helpful. I hadn't driven stick in a few years and needed a refresher. Marco stayed past his shift and gave me a tutorial around the parking lot, even though he had nothing to do with the sale nor did he get any money from me. After I picked up my car, I had to go back a week later to pick up my floor mats (which were given to me for free) by the dealership, which Stephen very generously arranged. Also, while I was there, Marco gave my car a complimentary wash himself, and gave me a tips on how to take care of the paint on my car.

All in all I would say my experience with the dealership has been great! Everyone is very professional and helpful, and I got a car that I love from them!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't work with stephen when I bought my car from maple mazda, and it was a horrible experience. I posted a thread about it last year. I just recently purchased a Mazda 3 as a second car and went to 401, totally different experience.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eviltuna View Post
    I didn't work with stephen when I bought my car from maple mazda, and it was a horrible experience. I posted a thread about it last year. I just recently purchased a Mazda 3 as a second car and went to 401, totally different experience.
    It's so hit and miss when it comes to sales people.
    Some are fantastic. Others are a horror show.
    I once asked a salesman to go away, and send over a colleague instead.
    2010 Mazda3 Sport GS in Velocity Red

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess I'm bumping this because of my recent experience.

I also had a bumpy start with this dealership. I bought my car from JP. One of the deciding factors was getting my car by a certain delivery date because I needed it for my new job. He said no problem, the car will arrive in 4 days and will be ready for pickup on Saturday. When speaking to the finance manager, I noticed a discrepancy in the Bill of Sale which said the car would arrive 3 days later than the promised date. He reassured me that if JP said the car would be ready for pickup on Saturday, that it would be ready. And so I signed the dotted line.

Come the 4 day mark, I get a call from JP informing me that my car won't be in for another week! So I was incredibly upset because this ruins my entire work schedule. He said he would call me back, but after waiting an hour, I decided to just go to the dealership myself. I spoke to Rob, the GM who was basically saying this was all due to transportation issues and that no other dealer had the M3 in the colour I wanted (false, I looked up inventory before and I know it was available at Prima and Toronto Mazda). I didn't call him out on it, but I did call him out on other things. He mentioned that they don't carry this car very often, and I quickly retorted "the Mazda3 is your bestselling car." I had to be aggressive because they completely ruined my whole work schedule. After some back and forth talk for 15 minutes, Rob offers a loaner car, which I quickly accept. So good for rectifying the issue, but it should not have taken me going to the dealer for all of this to happen. And don't feed me lies about transportation issues. I have peers who work in logistics with all of Canada's ports and they informed me that the ports have nothing to do with delivery time in this instance because if they knew they were selling me the car that day, they should know when the car will arrive given their whole experience with getting cars on time.

Rocky moment #2: Car delivery date. I come into Maple Mazda to return the loaner and pick up my car. I had been in contact with the finance manager, JP, and Maple Canada, who all gave me different times to submit my transcript for approval. So I got my transcript delivered to me and ready for the manager come delivery day. When I provided the transcript, I was told "no, no" and I was immediately taken aback because this is the OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT that all 3 parties have been telling me to get and that I paid $15 for. The manager Paul told me it wouldn't work and that he has never seen a transcript like mine before where it lists "Winter" as the graduating time. As such, he is reluctant to submit it. I tell him this is the paper everyone has been telling me to get and now I have wasted $15. He said "but dear, you are getting $500 off." The issue is not me getting $500 off, it's that you are asking me to pay an extra fee on top of the $15 you encouraged me to spend in order to get the OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT to you. After some explaining, he understood what I was saying and stated that if my transcript is denied, he would reimburse my $15. After that, everything was smooth sailing.

It's just a shame that I need to escalate things in order to get things done. Otherwise I feel like they will dance around the issue without providing any real solutions. JP is an excellent sales person and I would probably buy from him again, but this whole experience was just a mixed bag of feelings. Buying a car should be a happy experience. My experience was soured before I even got to the happy.

Ride
    Vixxxen
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueMazda1 View Post
    I guess I'm bumping this because of my recent experience.

I also had a bumpy start with this dealership. I bought my car from JP. One of the deciding factors was getting my car by a certain delivery date because I needed it for my new job. He said no problem, the car will arrive in 4 days and will be ready for pickup on Saturday. When speaking to the finance manager, I noticed a discrepancy in the Bill of Sale which said the car would arrive 3 days later than the promised date. He reassured me that if JP said the car would be ready for pickup on Saturday, that it would be ready. And so I signed the dotted line.

Come the 4 day mark, I get a call from JP informing me that my car won't be in for another week! So I was incredibly upset because this ruins my entire work schedule. He said he would call me back, but after waiting an hour, I decided to just go to the dealership myself. I spoke to Rob, the GM who was basically saying this was all due to transportation issues and that no other dealer had the M3 in the colour I wanted (false, I looked up inventory before and I know it was available at Prima and Toronto Mazda). I didn't call him out on it, but I did call him out on other things. He mentioned that they don't carry this car very often, and I quickly retorted "the Mazda3 is your bestselling car." I had to be aggressive because they completely ruined my whole work schedule. After some back and forth talk for 15 minutes, Rob offers a loaner car, which I quickly accept. So good for rectifying the issue, but it should not have taken me going to the dealer for all of this to happen. And don't feed me lies about transportation issues. I have peers who work in logistics with all of Canada's ports and they informed me that the ports have nothing to do with delivery time in this instance because if they knew they were selling me the car that day, they should know when the car will arrive given their whole experience with getting cars on time.

Rocky moment #2: Car delivery date. I come into Maple Mazda to return the loaner and pick up my car. I had been in contact with the finance manager, JP, and Maple Canada, who all gave me different times to submit my transcript for approval. So I got my transcript delivered to me and ready for the manager come delivery day. When I provided the transcript, I was told "no, no" and I was immediately taken aback because this is the OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT that all 3 parties have been telling me to get and that I paid $15 for. The manager Paul told me it wouldn't work and that he has never seen a transcript like mine before where it lists "Winter" as the graduating time. As such, he is reluctant to submit it. I tell him this is the paper everyone has been telling me to get and now I have wasted $15. He said "but dear, you are getting $500 off." The issue is not me getting $500 off, it's that you are asking me to pay an extra fee on top of the $15 you encouraged me to spend in order to get the OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPT to you. After some explaining, he understood what I was saying and stated that if my transcript is denied, he would reimburse my $15. After that, everything was smooth sailing.

It's just a shame that I need to escalate things in order to get things done. Otherwise I feel like they will dance around the issue without providing any real solutions. JP is an excellent sales person and I would probably buy from him again, but this whole experience was just a mixed bag of feelings. Buying a car should be a happy experience. My experience was soured before I even got to the happy.

Interesting.....

I will say this, just because you saw the car at another dealership does not mean that it is available for sale. Maple may have already been aware that Prima or Toronto did not want to lose it from their inventory.

Also, your friends are mistaken regarding logistics. There absolutely can be issues at the port with anything coming into this Country. Incorrect paperwork, unorganized customs brokers, broken down equipment at the port, etc. can be factors in this. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had a container shipment delayed because of some other company who also has stuff on the boat not providing what they were supposed.

Sorry that you are unhappy with the overall experience but I'm glad you were happy with JP...he's a nice guy, always smiling and is very upbeat.
    My Parents bought me more Hot Wheels than Barbies when I was little...

Noob
    Ride
    Audi SQ5
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purchased a brand new Mazda about a month ago. I have a special deal so I didn’t have to use a sales person. I was directed to Maple Mazda to do the vehicle delivery.

The delivery was satisfactory. Not terrible and not over the top great. The office staff definitely seemed confused about how to get my deal done and weren’t very organized. The car came with 4 large scratches which was annoying but I dealt with that on my own.

Overall 4 stars out of 5

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Customer satisfactions usually depends on who's the staff attending. Stores/Shops must aware.