Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone getting great MPG with the 2012 Skyactiv 3?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Anyone getting great MPG with the 2012 Skyactiv 3?

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    if you look at your fill up chart it will show your last fuel up on may 10 at 6.97L/100 KM. it seems to pull some of its numbers weird, if you go to my main page where it shows both cars it says mine is 7.8L/100 km, then you go into it and it says 8.0L/100 km
    Only thing I can think of is that it's quoting an average #. Ie my fully av says mid 7 L's... But my actual is a 6.7... As I keep below the 7's, my av will eventually drop too. But I'll go take a look

@ beyond.... I see what you mean.... Sometimes I make a post and The fuelly sign is not there. When it does appear, put ur mouse over it and click. Lemme know
    2012 Mz3 GS SkyActiv CWP Mods; DDM 50w 6k lows / Headlights tinted with Lamin-X 6% overlay / DRL Nokya Hyper Yellows / Foglights; Morimoto 35w 3K's with Lamin-X yellow overlay / Dealer tinted sides n rear / KiCkER kx 600.4 4ch amp / Alpine Type "R" comps front / Alpine SPR-68's rear / License plate LED's / Interior LED's /***MY ICE UPGRADE***http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...-Zoomahh's 2012-SkyActiv-ice-upgrade*** /Detail Day July 2013 http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...il-Day-!-!-!-D
    2011 Mz2 GX CWP (wifey's car) / led interiors only

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zoomahh View Post
    Only thing I can think of is that it's quoting an average #. Ie my fully av says mid 7 L's... But my actual is a 6.7... As I keep below the 7's, my av will eventually drop too. But I'll go take a look

@ beyond.... I see what you mean.... Sometimes I make a post and The fuelly sign is not there. When it does appear, put ur mouse over it and click. Lemme know
    I see it now lol. Says that avg is 7.7. I clicked into, the best one is 6.7 or something

Where does it show you filled up 60+ L of gas??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Browse around cuz there must be a button... Like on the left I think

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What witty sarcasm!
    Nova Scotia driven Skyblue 2012 Mazda3 Sport GS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

???? Not sarcasm at all man .....why would u say that? Reason I answered like that is because Ive never been to my fuelly site by way of link before so in trying to help by taking a guess and give u a direction to look for it...as to where it would/might be.
    I dont even know you so why would I wanna be sarcastic??? Not how I roll bro.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by beyond View Post
    I see it now lol. Says that avg is 7.7. I clicked into, the best one is 6.7 or something

Where does it show you filled up 60+ L of gas??
    Scroll down and look at the lower part of the page, it's down there

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was referring to this comment:

"Dude... those are different fillups Click on my fuelly stats....here I'll even do it for you....fillup # 8 16/03/12 862.9 64.09 7.4 1.271 50% .....ok?? now fillup #12 10/05/12 884.0 61.65 7.0 1.263 50% get it now???"

If it wasn't being sarcastic, apologies. Sounded like it though.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There are now four people on Fuelly getting pretty damn good milage. In addition to one person at 5.6 there's one at 6.1, one at 6.2 and one at 6.3 l/100. I'd like to know their secrets. I suppose it could be flat terrain vs the hilly terrain I drive on (though what goes up must come down) or being even easier on the gas pedal than I am (I tend to drive about 105-110 k/hour though a few fun passes are hard to resist - the Mazda3 Skyactiv has lots of power) or maybe over inflated or better tires, or maybe not carrying any passengers (am I grasping at straws here? I even tried driving without cruise in case that made a difference but it hasn't so far and I don't think I'll continue.
    Transport Canada should really publish more realistic tests in line with the EPA in the US. 4.9/l 100 or 58 mpg is totally unrealistic, but Mazda has to publish Transport Canada's results to stay in line with all the other car companies. It leads to totally unrealistic expectations. EPA figures for the Skyactiv are Hwy 42 mpg US which comes out to 50 mpg Imperial or 5.6 l/100 Imperial.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rgs View Post
    I was referring to this comment:

"Dude... those are different fillups Click on my fuelly stats....here I'll even do it for you....fillup # 8 16/03/12 862.9 64.09 7.4 1.271 50% .....ok?? now fillup #12 10/05/12 884.0 61.65 7.0 1.263 50% get it now???"
    If it wasn't being sarcastic, apologies. Sounded like it though.
    It's all good.. And no it wasn't sarcasm.. However I noticed that when u copied n pasted my quote re; my above statement, I see you left out the smiley face that I inserted between the "fill ups and click" that I had in my original statement. I inserted the smiley face specifically for that purpose so you wouldn't misunderstand me... Guess you missed it. It was an attempt to poke a bit of fun at the same time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it's hard in written communications like emails and forums to get tone across. Anyway, my apologies.

On another note, Zoomahh, if the gas station gauge where you're doing your fill ups isn't totally screwed up and you're being overcharged, then you've discovered something about the Mazda3 that no one else has: that the gas tank is substantially larger than 55 litres. That's very interesting. I did a Google search and none of the reviews have noticed that. That would mean it's possible at say 7 litres/100 to do over 900 kilometers on a tank of gas provided the tank is filled to the brim to start. Or at 6 litres /100 to do over 1000 kilometers. Wonder if anyone else has done what you've done.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rgs View Post
    Yeah, it's hard in written communications like emails and forums to get tone across. Anyway, my apologies.

On another note, Zoomahh, if the gas station gauge where you're doing your fill ups isn't totally screwed up and you're being overcharged, then you've discovered something about the Mazda3 that no one else has: that the gas tank is substantially larger than 55 litres. That's very interesting. I did a Google search and none of the reviews have noticed that. That would mean it's possible at say 7 litres/100 to do over 900 kilometers on a tank of gas provided the tank is filled to the brim to start. Or at 6 litres /100 to do over 1000 kilometers. Wonder if anyone else has done what you've done.
    Ya I noticed that when I did my first fuelup with the car. I have also filled up at different gas stations and samo samo....so I guess their pumps are right...And I also mentioned that to the service manager where I bought the car from and he said that there is a "reserve" for lack of a better word once the last bar goes out on the fuel gauge. And of course as with any car, there is always a bit of room past the "full" mark. But I know what you mean....that's first time I have ever seen THAT much room on any car I have owned. Mind you, when I fill up...I keep goin till it literally tops the neck of the tank, like I can see it at the top of the tank spout I like to know my tank is full.

****EDIT**** if there are any other 3 skyactiv owners that are following this thread, next time you fill, can you fill from almost rock bottom and go right to the top and post what you were able to fill to. I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else can do that....he he he or maybe when the manufacturer was making MY car, they made a mistake and put a CX7 tank in instead I'm not complaining though
    Last edited by zoomahh; 05-12-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm going to definitely try fueling up that way, Zoomahh though I doubt I have the guts to drive it as many kilometers as you do once the fuel light comes on. I'm tempted though. Can all these cars really have 64 litre fuel tanks??? Wouldn't that be great!

Wonder what the busiest US Mazda3 forums are. It would be interesting to post your results there to get more feedback.

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ya I noticed that when I did my first fuelup with the car. I have also filled up at different gas stations and samo samo....so I guess their pumps are right...And I also mentioned that to the service manager where I bought the car from and he said that there is a "reserve" for lack of a better word once the last bar goes out on the fuel gauge. And of course as with any car, there is always a bit of room past the "full" mark. But I know what you mean....that's first time I have ever seen THAT much room on any car I have owned. Mind you, when I fill up...I keep goin till it literally tops the neck of the tank, like I can see it at the top of the tank spout I like to know my tank is full.

****EDIT**** if there are any other 3 skyactiv owners that are following this thread, next time you fill, can you fill from almost rock bottom and go right to the top and post what you were able to fill to. I'd be interested in seeing if anyone else can do that....he he he or maybe when the manufacturer was making MY car, they made a mistake and put a CX7 tank in instead I'm not complaining though
    I have heard that it isn't good to top the tank up like that because of the charcoal canister in the EVAP system. Screws up the balance of the system, and could be more costly than you'd like.

http://www.approvedarticles.com/Arti...an-Avoid-/9930

I just go to the pump shut off, and do my calculations from there, instead of pumping it to the top anymore. Better fuelly numbers and more consistent results.

Current: 2012 Mazdaspeed3 Tech CWP
    Mods to Date:
    Custom Halo headlights, DRL delete, Kenwood DNX890HD, Kenwood KFC-3009 x2(12"), Kenwood 1800Watt Amp, LED interior lights, LED switchbacks, LED fogs.
    Previous:2012 Mazda 3 Sky-GS in CWP, 2012 16W Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2010 CWP Mazda 3 GT Hatchback SOLD, 2009 Metropolitan Grey Mazda 3 GT Hatch SOLD, 2007 Carbon Grey Mica Mazda 3 GS Hatch SOLD

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's inhibiting.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting article but all I can say is that Ive been topping up my tank for years...and I mean like ever since I've had my own car.....and have not seen a decrease in my fuel economy for any of my cars that I have owned...and I always keep track of each and every tank I put in. I also back off the nozzle so I don't get a backsplash either. I read the article....not sure if I believe all of it though. I'll tell ya though..with that fuelly site, I'll know if something is up because the graph and the numbers will show it.

As for vapours into the air....pfft don't give a rat's balls.....

Ride
    Speed or S/O's 3 2.Slow
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    267 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As for vapours into the air....pfft don't give a rat's balls.....
    Yeah, its not like one or two of us doing that would be saving the planet, its if everyone did it.

I just fill it to the pump shut off to keep it steady.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My mileage is getting a bit better as my odometer just crested 1000km. My first fillup was 9.5L/100km, my second was better at around 8.5L/100km. Both @ 85% city driving. Look forward to better mileage as my engine breaks in which is definitely an exercise in patience.
    2012 MAZDA3 GS-SKY CWP | RPF1 | JBR SRI | EIBACH PROKIT | KONI STR.T | OVTUNED

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by don77 View Post
    My mileage is getting a bit better as my odometer just crested 1000km. My first fillup was 9.5L/100km, my second was better at around 8.5L/100km. Both @ 85% city driving. Look forward to better mileage as my engine breaks in which is definitely an exercise in patience.
    yep! That's exactly how mine responded. But the icing on the cake is that with each fillup,it gets better and better and better It's cool to see it happen

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yep! That's exactly how mine responded. But the icing on the cake is that with each fillup,it gets better and better and better It's cool to see it happen
    Correction: first fill up was a hair over 12L/100km!! Even better.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

*looks around* Mazda2. That is all.
    -2011 Mazda 2 GS
    -1988 Mazda RX7 Turbo 2

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

@zoomahh

Too scared to do what you suggested =P I'll just stick w/ filling up when the fuel light comes on lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been traveling between London and Toronto every weekend since May started and have been getting decent mileage.

First trip back: 597.9km 42.61L 7.1L/100km
    Second trip: 595.6km 42.70L 7.2L/100km

Going back and forth is 400km highway, so the remainder would be city driving.

This is a huge improvement to the ~10L/100km I was getting back in the winter, and before my first oil change.

Hopefully this keeps up or goes lower!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's an interesting new review of the Mazda3 and CX-5 with some extremely good milage figures:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/...kyactiv-engine

I use the following site for converting between US MPG and Imperial:

http://tdiclub.com/misc/conversions.html

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Re: Anyone getting great MPG with the 2012 Skyactiv 3?

That review is sure encouraging for me as I wait for delivery of my Skyactiv 3 Sport. There are quite a few videos on You-Tube that give similar results in test drives. I hope that after the initial vehicle break-in period, I get that mileage as well.

NOTLguy
    If it is worth doing, it is worth doing right.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My last fill up (today) gave me 5.25 litres/100 or nearly 54 mpg Imperial! My best before had been 6.5. I'm not sure what I did differently. Double checked the figures. They're right. A little over 4000 kilometers on the car now. Almost all highway driving. I don't see how it can be right, but if it is, I'm elated.

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast