Thread: PMM or TMM?

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    173 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: PMM or TMM?

$ is secondary when you're trying to atch up the Durometer of the bushing. The idea is to properly prioritize why you choose a mod vs. personal predicament: if you have to thinktwice about BUYING anything, then don't buy it. If you can afford to, you won't have to think twice.

A central idea to the Mod Path: don't mod due to sales...it'll screw you eventually. These guys, myself included, aren't made of money: we just budget daily so when a mod comes, we don't have top ask A or B..we buy A, B and C, if it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wilson View Post
    Agreed with fast_dud. No question install is a billion times easier with the PMM, but get both it really is worth it. You'll put a lot of strain on a single remaining stock mount after upgrading two.

Had the PMM in for a couple days before putting in the DMM and the vibes got better with all three in. Get the JBR PMM and TRZ DMM and it isn't that expensive.
    +1
    Last edited by Fobio; 05-07-2012 at 04:26 PM.

MSpeed Tuning & Diagnostics - The Street Lab is always OPEN FOR BUSINESS
    All Powder & Ceramic Coating @ Quy's Coating . Tires and Wheels @ Simply Tire . Wraps by mleblond @ Seche Media . Dyno'd @ Advance Power House . Professionally Serviced by Jimmy @ Street Performance . Signature Pic by PCLoadLetter . Street Tuned by myself .
    "It is amazing how many drivers, even at the Formula One Level, think that the brakes are for slowing the car down." -- Mario Andretti

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you but we aren't talking about plastic lego pieces vs. JBR mounts. We're talking one well reviewed part vs another well reviewed part that's half the price (or so I thought initially). I am not a race car driver and I don't plan on racing my car daily/weekly/monthly whatever. I just want to improve my driving experience and both mounts will do that for me. I wasn't really ever thinking twice about anything as I'd already done my research I was just asking to see if anyone here would have more input and they did.

Also, in regards to doing both mounts at once - yes that may be easier install wise but I am ok waiting a month and putting more effort in to install later, while having a better driving experience for that month. I can also quite certainly say that my PMM won't give out within a month or two of installing my TMM and if it does and I get really unlucky I'll replace it then and there. My question was basically - if you had to do one right now and the other shortly after, which one would make a more significant difference so I could do that one first.
    2007 Mazdaspeed3
    drive slow homie...

Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

installing both at the same time vs one at a time makes no difference since it doesn't make either one easier by doing it at the same time

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    If we lived in the US we wouldn't have this problem, except we'd be living in the US
    Too true.
    07 Mazdaspeed 3

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    installing both at the same time vs one at a time makes no difference since it doesn't make either one easier by doing it at the same time
    Oh. I was under the impression I'd need to support the engine for both the side mounts. I haven't looked into installation yet to be honest but good to know.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12