Thread: JBR 88 Duro vs SU 60 Duro and Review

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default JBR 88 Duro vs SU 60 Duro and Review

Hey guys,

We don't have one of these so I'll do a mini review for those looking into getting a mount.

SU 60 Duro

Started with one of these.

The vibes, at least to me, were almost non-existent. There would be super minimal vibes shifting into 1st but that's it really. Never felt much of a difference but it was an improvement over stock. It was better than stock but IMO it wasn't really worth upgrading to over the stock speed 3 mount. Though, shifting did feel a bit less sloppy and wheel hop was decreased. There was still too much movement for my liking. I had it on for about 10K before I decided to go big.

JBR 88 Duro Chrome Molly

I've had this mount on for about 1.5K now and all I can say is that I love it. In fact, I loved it so much and thought it was such an improvement over stock that I bought the JBR PMM and TMM a week later.

During the break in period it was admittedly a little rough. For those who are reluctant to NVH it my have even been scary, clear by the amount of posts I've seen of people removing this mount within a week. The performance improvements however were so significant, even over the SU mount, that it definitely outweighed the NVH. I thought to myself if the mount unbroken in were to stay that way forever, would it be worth it? For me, definitely. Wheel hop isn't a real thing anymore, shifts became significantly smoother (although I'm still unhappy even with E4P SS, bushings, and shift weight), the car just feels so much more planted. Pre-break in the vibes may have been too much although I was ok with them, but post break in they're perfect. It makes the car feel sturdier, quicker, more aggressive, just general race car mode, heh. Funny thing is I never told my GF that I changed anything and she kind of follows my cars progress (she has no choice haha), and she didn't notice. I even told her a week later took her for a ride and she commented "this actually feels kind of cool". Torque steer also felt like it was significantly decreased, probably due to wheel hop - maybe it's just in my head though.

So, if you're hurting about the vibes - wait it out. You won't regret it.

Now just to get the TMM and PMM on, both 80 duro!
    2007 Mazdaspeed3
    drive slow homie...

Ride
    2014 Nissan Rogue
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: JBR 88 Duro vs SU 60 Duro and Review

I love my 88 Chome Molly mount. I added it while I put in my MS3 exhaust and it feels like I am in a race car! I love how the car feels... a lot more connected to the road. The vibes are intense. My wife is not a fan and doesn't understand but she doesn't need to because it is not our family car.

I haven't had the chance to open up the car and rev high but that will come in time. The vibes, once is 2nd, while driving across St.Clair, aren't so bad. I am interested in some of JBR's other products but, as I have mentioned in another post about modding, I need to chill in terms of the cash and modding.

Thanks for the review!
    SHOUT OUTS: TM3 members, INJEN, JBR Racing, CorkSport. edge autosport

Ride
    2017 Mercedes Benz C43
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I tried both RMM too and using the SU 60

Not a big fans of the vibes neither, it depends how far you willing to give up the comfort toward that little more of performance feel.
    Only if I have another family car at home for DD, I would mod my Speed much further, but before that I will take the most balance out solution.
    1994 Mazda MX-6 Mystere - SOLD
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3 - SOLD
    2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - SOLD

BYE MAZDA

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh, they don't bother me enough to be honest. I have all the mounts in my car now and it's not so bad.

Ride
    2017 Mercedes Benz C43
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cSPEED View Post
    Meh, they don't bother me enough to be honest. I have all the mounts in my car now and it's not so bad.
    Good for you, enjoy.