Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: E90 M3 vs E60 M5: Opinions needed.

Ride
    The White Pony
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: E90 M3 vs E60 M5: Opinions needed.

Quote Originally Posted by loganm3 View Post
    Also remember life happens. You have a girlfriend, what if she gets pregnant? Mine did and now every month I pay about the same as a lease for a E350 diesel for child support!
    I'm guessing this never made it to mediation/court? That sounds like a lot to be paying for child support, if I were you I'd tell her if she wants that much money out of me, I'll take the kid and she can pay.

Either way, not expecting you to divulge that type of info online, but I'm just playin' around anyway I agree here, and with what the others said, think of your income OP. Like I said, I make almost 60 a year and I'm not even thinking about a beemer...much less an M3. If you're making more than me, good for you, I'd like to hear what advice YOU have for ME ahahaha if not, just think about all the factors...buying a luxury car like that is a very, very expensive endeavour, and defaulting/missing payments on a 50k loan? That's not gonna' look good on the credit you need for that house you want.
    Got a variety of OEM Mazda 3 parts that need to go, thread coming soon, PM me for details!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do over pay but it's by my choice. I want my kid to live a good life, go to a good school and do activities simular to what I did growing up. http://www.childsupportcalculator.ca/ontario.html if you're curious as to how much you'd pay click the link!

Base support + tutoring + sports + dance + birthday parties and etc....it all adds up!

As for Mark's comment about defaulting....oh god, worst thing you can do. You didn't hear it from me but some companies that have big office towers downtown do credit checks, if you have a default/missed payment on your report they will not offer you the job! It's scary, borrowed money is not anything to mess around with!

2007 Mazda 3 GT Sport
    1988 Mazda 323 GTX
    Toupe is the new black!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get the M5 its more practical.....
    2006 Mazda 3 GT (GFX) - Artric White - 5 speed A/T

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok guys... Thanks for the financial advices and I appreciate it lol. I love how everyone is so curious about my job, it was not my intention for this post. To clear something up, I will not say what my job is. But my salary is around 80k, so that's the end of the story guys, we can move on.
    Current: 2016 Lexus GS-F, 2017 Honda CRV Touring
    Past: 2015 Scion FRS 6MT, 2010 M3 E90 6MT, 2013 Scion FRS 6MT, 2005 Mazda 3 GT Hatch.

Ride
    The White Pony
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I do over pay but it's by my choice. I want my kid to live a good life, go to a good school and do activities simular to what I did growing up. http://www.childsupportcalculator.ca/ontario.html if you're curious as to how much you'd pay click the link!

Base support + tutoring + sports + dance + birthday parties and etc....it all adds up!

As for Mark's comment about defaulting....oh god, worst thing you can do. You didn't hear it from me but some companies that have big office towers downtown do credit checks, if you have a default/missed payment on your report they will not offer you the job! It's scary, borrowed money is not anything to mess around with!
    Well good for you for doing the right thing by your kid, not enough dads who do these days. That being said, I'd still tell my ex to take me to court if she wants "money" out of my pocket. I'll gladly go sign our child up for all the services in the world, pay out of pocket, and keep the receipts. I'm having no woman spend my tutoring money on her hair or nails.

OP just so you know, at/around my income apparently it'd cost less to have a kid than it would to buy your M3. Just an idea of how expensive that damn thing is.

Ride
    The White Pony
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by shu5892001 View Post
    Ok guys... Thanks for the financial advices and I appreciate it lol. I love how everyone is so curious about my job, it was not my intention for this post. To clear something up, I will not say what my job is. But my salary is around 80k, so that's the end of the story guys, we can move on.
    Well, 80k is enough to cover everything, but you'd be scraping a bit. I'm sure you've got it all under control, but you wanted opinions, so you got them, I hope you pick something you enjoy, and don't stay up at night thinking about the payments for aha good luck!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Plus I have no intention of marrying or having a babe at the age of 23 as I think I'm still too young for that. I don't plan to marry before I'm 28 or making 6 figures. But anyways, a car forum is a car forum, thanks everyone for worrying about my personal life. Now let's move on lol

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....I didn't plan on being married or having a kid at 23 either....but it happened!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^LOL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

....I didn't plan on being married or having a kid at 23 either....but it happened!
    that shit craaaayy
    Just kidding. Good on you for stepping up.
    You just got passed by a girl.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

80K straight out of university, but you won't say what your job is? hmmm....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last I checked this was a thread for opinions on an M3 or M5, not "help me spend my 60K TM3!" or "let's explore shu's personal life"...
    2010 Mazda 3 Sport GS - Graphite Gray Mica

I've done some stuff to the car.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean80 View Post
    As I said, I am looking for an opinion on a car forum and I already told you guys my salary, and that is as far as I will go, not looking to do a bibliography over here.

Thanks,
    Shu

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Freakzaz View Post
    Last I checked this was a thread for opinions on an M3 or M5, not "help me spend my 60K TM3!" or "let's explore shu's personal life"...
    Thanks, couldn't have said it better myself, I will say this again.

The reason why I posted on TM3 is because I have researched on a lot of bimmer forums regarding m3 vs m5. But they all seem to be biased based on their forums, like M3 post or M5 board or etc... I am looking for a more neutral opinion and plus TM3 is the only car forum that I regularly go on

Ride
    The White Pony
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Sean80 View Post
    I don't blame him for not saying, lol, you'd be surprised how much you can find out about a person just knowing where they work, what they do, what area they live in, etc.. if you know what to do with the info. Google yourself, see what you find, google me and see what you find. If your results don't look like mine, and you recently didn't get a job you applied for...well, you know what happened

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, couldn't have said it better myself, I will say this again.

The reason why I posted on TM3 is because I have researched on a lot of bimmer forums regarding m3 vs m5. But they all seem to be biased based on their forums, like M3 post or M5 board or etc... I am looking for a more neutral opinion and plus TM3 is the only car forum that I regularly go on
    have you tried maxbimmer? I know a few guys on there and I'm sure they could provide you with some unbiased and informed advice...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i've always like the M5 (all this time on this forum i thought M5 = mazda5 hahaha)

the M3 pretty bad ass....but was never a fan of the 3 series, I've always thought of them as sort of the base model wannabe poser car, if I had the means, I'd drive a 5-series or higher
    2007 Mazda 3 GS sedan - Arctic White / Tan cloth - SOLD
    2018 Tesla Model S 75D - Multi Coat Red

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm curious if you've looked at insurance quotes for either car. I wouldn't be surprised if you're in the $5k-$10k/year for coverage on either car given your age. Sucks I know! but it's something you defiantly want to look into before making the final decision. Unless your rolling under fleet insurance or something.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shu,

Go ahead and splurge a little to enjoy your life. Al these "wise" guys come on and try to pick up apart your life. The fact is, you aren't in your 30s with kids where you HAVE financial contraints. Its either you do it now or later (50s when your kids are older). I say go for it now. A lot the responses are typical dads talking. I love how they tell you to save money for a place and etc, but they themselves took the same path when they were your age. Now they advise on why you shouldn't act young, free and irresponsible like they were.

Lots of "8-gwah" people on here putting your life under a microscope.

Goodluck with the car and post some pics when you get it.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT|Winning Blue| OG 2.3L @ 450,000 km & counting

Ride
    Your Mom
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if anyone wants to know what he does pm me

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booostin View Post
    if anyone wants to know what he does pm me
    Will I be around after you tell me to tell others?

I wish I could afford a car like that, either one would be nice. I make ~$60k a year, but paying $900 month for rent kills that idea. Although I do get to do what I want, when I want in my place. Moving out of home > nice car to me. I'm not trying to tell you what you should do though! Hell if I could keep my job and have a rent free place I would probably be posting the same topic!

I would get something boosted though.
    2008 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4x4
    KICKER / ALPINE / MTX / STINGER / TSUNAMI

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a slight update, not sure if anyone who give me wise financial advise is still active on the forum. It is now 2019, I have gone through two Scion FR-S, one “flashy financially unwise E90 M3”. So obviously I did not listen to the wise financial advises, but I gotta admit those unwise, ruthless, money draining purchases has actually motivated me to work extra hard, and I am now happily married and has a son, own my own house, an investment condo in Yorkville, a 2017 Honda CRV touring and a 2016 Lexus GS-F. I don’t regret one bit on making those unwise purchases in my early 20s, in the end it is what motivated me to be where I am right now. I can say 100% if I actually made those financially wise buying decision, I would of been in my comfort zone all these years. Maybe still living in my parents house taking things for granted and saving money instead of learning how to make money.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just a slight update, not sure if anyone who give me wise financial advise is still active on the forum. It is now 2019, I have gone through two Scion FR-S, one “flashy financially unwise E90 M3”. So obviously I did not listen to the wise financial advises, but I gotta admit those unwise, ruthless, money draining purchases has actually motivated me to work extra hard, and I am now happily married and has a son, own my own house, an investment condo in Yorkville, a 2017 Honda CRV touring and a 2016 Lexus GS-F. I don’t regret one bit on making those unwise purchases in my early 20s, in the end it is what motivated me to be where I am right now. I can say 100% if I actually made those financially wise buying decision, I would of been in my comfort zone all these years. Maybe still living in my parents house taking things for granted and saving money instead of learning how to make money.
    ....So perhaps you are now considering a M2 Competition ...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by G ~ MINI View Post
    ....So perhaps you are now considering a M2 Competition ...
    NA for life.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234