Thread: 401 Dixie Mazda worst dealership ever

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 401 Dixie Mazda worst dealership ever

Posting this review for a buddy of mine who just bought a 2011 Gx sedan from 401 Dixie Mazda, let me know what you guys think. So he bought this used car that was previosly modified. Looks really great, so the day he gets it he brings it over to take me for a ride, I jump in the back and try to buckle up and the seat belts are not bolted to the frame of the car, how the flip did they sell a car that did not have the seat belts fully attached blows my mind. So my buddy goes and gets that fixed no problem. A couple days later he comes over for me to install his hid kit. We take the bumper off, get the ballasts mounted and go to pull the old bulbs and realize the previous owner had put bright yellow bulbs in the high beam and day times. Not only were they bright yellow, but were the wrong voltage, the bulbs had already started burning the wiring harness and the plug is half gone because of it melting away. We immediately put everything back and my buddy heads pack to the dealership.

This is the great part, when he gets there they change out the bulbs to the right ones, but the service manager refuses to change the wiring harness saying that as long as the bulbs work he doesnt have to. They then tell him if he doesn't like it he can go to another dealership and they will tell him the same. Seeing as he lives in whitby he heads home and straight to whitby Mazda where they tell him it definitely needs to be replaced and is quite dangerous.

Anyways the long and short of the story is dont buy from this dealership if you want to have any after purchase support, or if you expect them to be upfront And sell you a quality vehicle.
    2008 Mazda 3 GT Sport----SOLD
    2011 Mitsubishi Outlander V6-----Gone bye bye (SUCKED)
    2008 Hyundai Sonata
    2012 F150 XLT Ecoboost

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 401 Dixie Mazda worst dealership ever

i would think they have to change the harness since it is causing a major safety issue here. that shit can catch fire!

i would take it up with mazda canada and maybe even take them to court for selling him a car with damaged and dangerous equipment.
    2014 Mazda3 Sport GT

Ride
    2017 Mercedes Benz C43
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL@ 401 Dixie Mazda..

They never change....they are already in my Blacklist due to previous horrible experiences.
    I tho new management will make things different, I guess not.

I avoid Mazda dealerships at all cost, if I have to go. Budds Mazda or Direct Mazda will be my first destinations.
    1994 Mazda MX-6 Mystere - SOLD
    2001 Mazda Protege MP3 - SOLD
    2007 Mazda Mazdaspeed3 - SOLD

BYE MAZDA

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

here in montreal, mazda president is complete crap! put the wrong oil in my car and lied and said it was a typo on the worksheet, then proceeded to undermine my intelligence and kicked me out of the dealership.

i have an appointment with mazda gabriel july 19.....to get an oil change and to look after the rust appearing on my 2011 3 with 7k on it......the rust is on the window frame at the back on the vertical piece...well see how they treat that issue....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.e-laws.gov.on.ca/html/reg...s_900611_e.htm

k) where required under the provisions of the Motor Vehicle Safety Act (Canada), no seat belt assembly or its anchorages shall have been removed, rendered partly or wholly inoperative, or modified so as to reduce their effectiveness;

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/faq/vehicle.shtml#ssc2

Check out the FAQ on improper inspection. Make them redo it free, and provide a copy.
    Regards
    Shawn

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had gone to check out a "manager's special" CX 7 (previously enjoyed) at 401 Dixie Mazda. So my assumption was that the car would be cleaned up before they start showing it to prospective buyers. However when I took it out for a test drive, I noticed a few rogers digital cable boxes in the back seat and a diaper (used) on the floor of this car. If this is what a "manager's special" is then I am not sure what a "general manager's special" might yield.

Jr Member
    Ride
    1997 Honda Civic SI
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hersh View Post
    I noticed a few rogers digital cable boxes in the back seat and a diaper (used) on the floor of this car. If this is what a "manager's special" is then I am not sure what a "general manager's special" might yield.
    At the few used diapers.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know that this is an old thread but I wanted to add my two cents: I was at that dealership years earlier looking to buy a new RX-8 sales staff was very pushy. Didn't buy my car there; bought at Avante. They were the least pushy of any dealership that I visited.