Thanks
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Asyed's Mazda 3 Sport GS

Quote Originally Posted by Kiewan View Post
    Congrats. Now a car worth waxing!
    except this wont need to be waxed for atleast 5 years because of the ceramic pro taking its place

I want to spend more time on the road and less time in the garage with this one for the most part. although I have found myself sitting in the garage and just staring at it for the first few days...
    2008 Mazda 3 Sport GS |(RIP)
    2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GS | mods: Oil Catch Can , Ceramic Pro coating + Xpel (no wax required)

Ride
    2017 Mazda MX-5 RF
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Havent updated this thread in a while.

So first of all looks like the waxmobile (aka Mazda3) is staying in the family for now. My moms van is about to die so she needs something else to get around but doesnt want a new car just yet.

As for the RF I did a photoshoot this past summer. Ill post more pics once i can find them again but heres a teaser:

also did a bit of winter prep a few weeks back so now the RF looks more like this:

Kind of digging the steelies look...makes the car look a bit more "beefier". Car is riding on Bridgestone Blizzak WS80s now and is ready for the harsh winter they are calling for!

as for mods. not much has changed. Got weather tech floor liners because they are cheap for the miata ( fronts needed only) but i hardly consider that a mod... more like an "accessory" Getting a few more things like a fumoto valve and all the normal bulbs changed to LED ( turn signal/reverse) soon.

Ride
    Vespa
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit!
    Nice ride!
    I'll put down all my mods here so people will know how cool I am!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to 6strings For This Useful Post:

asyed (01-04-2018)

Ride
    2017 Mazda MX-5 RF
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So I totally forgot this thread existed but I thought I'd give an update on the Mazda3 ( People on the SOMAC group already know but theres probably a few of you on here that arent on there yet). So here we go:

The story begins with the 3 being assigned as a backup car in the family and for quick Home Depot runs etc ( We scrapped our Minivan back in Jan. 2018). At this point I was (and still am) daily driving the RF all year long and only used the 3 when I needed to carry more than one passenger and also the one time I thought it was a brillant idea to leave my RF in the garage while my whole driveway was being ripped up and interlock work was being done. Apart from a faulty TCM (common issue i hear) and a leaking transmission pan the car ran fine and only needed basic maintenance. I was kinda preoccupied with keeping my RF clean and also because my mom bought a new CX-5 that also needed to be kept clean/waxed that I kinda neglected the wax a little on the 3 and well rust kinda started to become a thing ( lesson learned).

Flash forward to about May of last year I get a call from my brother that the car had broken down (near Jane and Finch of all places) and that there was alot of smoke coming out of it (enough that someone called the fire department). It was white smoke according to him and seemed like a coolant issue according to my friend after speaking to him on the phone.

Rushed down there and couldnt really see anything because of poor lighting so we towed it home and left it for until my friend could physically come and look at it. He showed up a few days later and at first he couldnt really find the issue until he asked to start the car. It didnt even crank and had zero compression. He inspected the engine again and lo and behold t'was a blown head gasket. The Mazda3 would potentially never run again unless we spent more than the cars value in repairs.
    For months i tried to figure out a game plan. I had two seperate instances where someone wanted to buy it for parts/ to fix up and resell. The first one changed his mind after finding another parts car and the second one never got back to me after a while so Sadly on November 29th 2018 I had no choice but to send it to the scrapyard.

This was the last I saw of it as I had work that day:

But before i sent it to the scrapyard I took a few small bits and pieces out of it and a for sale thread will be coming on here shortly. They didnt pay nearly enough as i expected so no way are they getting the full package.
    Sad to see it go as it was my first car but all good things come to an end. I dont want to even think about what has been done to it so far.

RIP Waxmobile
    2008-2018

Ride
    2017 Mazda MX-5 RF
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as for the RF:

Nothing much has changed aside from adding an Oil Catch Can ( carbon can be an issue on higher mileage Skyactiv engines if not dealt with early so this is my attempt to avoid it before it even starts).
    60,000 km and counting and its still running like an absolute champ. Exciting plans with it for this summer.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567