Thread: Eonon Double Din LCD - Install help..

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Eonon Double Din LCD - Install help..

I Ordered the Eonon D5102U 7" lcd screen for my 05 mazda 3.

I've been debating whether or not i should do the install myself, or have futureshop do it for 179 + tax. Im fairly good with my hands.

I know how to remove the stock unit, but in terms of the wiring, is it plug and play into the new unit. Or what complications do i face when i open it up.

Also, the GPS antenna, how and where do i wire and mount it?

I tried looking for a DIY but had no luck. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!

Sr Member
    Ride
    BMW F30 328i 6MT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Eonon Double Din LCD - Install help..

Go to Lockdown (one of the sponsors on the forum) if you're in the GTA

--- CURRENT - 2012 BMW 328i 6MT :: White on Red ---

--- OLD - 2006 Mazda3 GT GFX 5MT :: Black on Black ---

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeh, if you're not comfortable with it, give us a call and we can take care f it for you. That's a pretty high price from FS
    Phone: 647-439-4485

AUDIO | SECURITY | ACCESSORIES | HID & LED LIGHTING | VIDEO & MULTIMEDIA | ELECTRICAL DIAGNOSIS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Depends on where you live. If you're in the GTA (more specifically Markham / Scarborough / Richmond Hill / etc) I can help you install it. It's pretty easy and won't take much time at all.

From what I see on the Amazon site, it looks like it should be plug and play. You can mount the wires / antenna anywhere you want.
    Warning!!!
    A STAGE#5 POST WHORE IN TRAINING...

2004 GT Arctic White :: Manual 2.3 ::
    SRI | HID | Moustache

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

im in Ottawa unfortunately

Maybe I'll just take it apart and see what comes at me. I'm hoping it its direct plug n play

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, don't just rip things apart.

Start by taking out the stock head unit. That's very easy and straight forward. After removal, just set the stock hu aside.

Once that is done, bring the new unit out and look at the connections on the back as well as the cables provided. Look to see if any of the connections on the back or the cables provided hook up to the stock wiring harness connection. If they do, plug it in.

Next, if it's one of the cables provided that connects to the stock harness, look at the other end of the cable and see if it fits with any of the plugs on the back of the new head unit.
    If it does, are there any wires sticking out of it that look like they might connect to the other accessories provided with the new head unit? If so, try and match them up, they're usually colour coded.

However, there should be an installation manual that comes with the head unit. When I googled it, it came up listed as a unit for the Mazda 3. So chances are the instructions are for installation into a Mazda 3.

The GPS antenna can be left sitting on top of the head unit when you slide it back in, or hanging behind it. You could take apart the top dash covers and try to run it to the windshield, but that's usually not necessary.
    If you leave it sitting on top or hanging behind the unit, don't bother untying it fully (it will fit better this way, and be less messy cable-wise).

(This is a bit of a generalized overview of installing it, but hopefully it's given you a better idea of how to do it)

From the pictures I saw on Amazon of the kit, it should be a pretty straight-forward install.

Also, try pm'ing gabbygenier. He's very knowledgeable when it comes to electronics and installing things. He's in the Ottawa area.
    Last edited by n00bMeiSter; 08-21-2012 at 11:06 PM.

Ride
    2017 Mazda MX-5 RF
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    393 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ill just add in for the GPS antenna you can run the single wire through the dashboard gaps on the part of the dash just above the small LCD ( the one with the time/trip computer) .... kind of hard to explain....ill get pics tommorow to show what I am talking about as thats how mine is installed.... make sure the reciever has a clear view of the sky too so you wont encounter any problems....
    2008 Mazda 3 Sport GS |(RIP)
    2017 Mazda MX-5 RF GS | mods: Oil Catch Can , Ceramic Pro coating + Xpel (no wax required)

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some Subarus come with a Pioneer Nav unit which has the GPS antenna on the cage of the head unit it''s a magnet.

Just incase you were thinking of putting it elsewhere.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by savagexman View Post
    I Ordered the Eonon D5102U 7" lcd screen for my 05 mazda 3.

I've been debating whether or not i should do the install myself, or have futureshop do it for 179 + tax. Im fairly good with my hands.

I know how to remove the stock unit, but in terms of the wiring, is it plug and play into the new unit. Or what complications do i face when i open it up.

Also, the GPS antenna, how and where do i wire and mount it?

I tried looking for a DIY but had no luck. If anyone can point me in the right direction that would be great!
    looks like from the website it comes with everything you need for plug and play (aftermarket wiring harness thats already wired to the headunit harness, screens already mounted in the dash kit), honestly it looks like it'll just plug and slide right in with no issues. just make sure if you have the bose factory sound system that you don't need an amp bypass harness or anything like that.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://d5102.wikispaces.com/

This website has anything and everything you need to know about this unit

Goodluck with the install! It's pretty straightforward

Thanks
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is quite a few of us in ottawa. we have the ottawa mazda club board, not as big as tm3 though.

send me a PM, depending where you live in ottawa id be willing to help you out.
    2004 mazda 3 GT Sedan Indigo Blue.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the input! I think ill just take it apart and give it a shot. I'll do it this weekend, post some pics!

Quick question, i didn't purchase the "map" from eonon. Its just a sd card loaded with the maps. I thought id hold off on getting it to make sure the install goes good, and im satisfied with the unit. Is there a way i can download the maps myself rather then having to buying it from Eonon?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for all the input! I think ill just take it apart and give it a shot. I'll do it this weekend, post some pics!

Quick question, i didn't purchase the "map" from eonon. Its just a sd card loaded with the maps. I thought id hold off on getting it to make sure the install goes good, and im satisfied with the unit. Is there a way i can download the maps myself rather then having to buying it from Eonon?
    Not sure, depends on who makes the gps / nav software. chances are you only have to buy the initial sd card and set of maps from them, and then the updates will be free. But you might be able to just download the maps from their site if you have your own sd card.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default removing the factory head unit

This video show how to remove OEM HU then you have an idea how to install Eonon D5102U.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey guys, my first time making a post on here :-)

I was also thinking about purchasing the D5102 myself. But I wanted to know if it's compatible or a subwoofer install as well. I've seen the pics in the rear for audio/video out so you can mount head rest montiors and such. Any thoughts?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: removing the factory head unit

Quote Originally Posted by htc*** View Post
    This video show how to remove OEM HU then you have an idea how to install Eonon D5102U.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWe2m_pRkY0

He already knows how to do all of that. It's the wiring for the new unit he wasn't sure of. He thought he might have to do some splicing or something.

Sr Member
    Ride
    BMW F30 328i 6MT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: removing the factory head unit

As others have mentioned I'm pretty sure it's direct plug & play. I ordered a similar unit (non-Eonon) earlier in the week so I'll be sure to post my experiences with it once the deck arrives.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i ordered this too and i did the install myself.
    1. take off the carbon fibre trim peice first, they are held on by tabs
    2. unscrew the screws holding on to the air vent dash piece and again take that completely off, it is also held on by tabs
    3. unscrew the screws thats holding in the radio unit and then slowly but firmly take out the head unit.
    4. take off off the cables that are connected to the head unit to take it completely out
    5. connect the cables to the new eonon head unit. the cables are very easy to connect; each cable has a specific size and shape to it so youll know what goes where
    6. after connecting the cables, put HU in place and replace all trim pieces and youre done!

the routing of the ipod cables and/or aux cables are up to you

NOTE: if it is your first time taking apart the trim pieces and HU, it will require a little bit of force to get it out, a firm gentle tug will loosen it

'05 Titanium Grey Metallic Mazda3 GT Sport

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just an update! So i took it apart friday night. Got the stock unit out no problem. I went to match up the connections, nothing matched. Nothing at all, it was almost like all the wires coming out of the unit were sitting in some sort of holder. There was no harness. Just a bunch of wires. I emailed EONON because the pics they had on there site didnt match what i had at all. They replied back friday midnight with a nice huge apology. I guess they made a mistake at the warehouse, because i guess that unit also fits in another car in hong kong other than the mazda 3. They gave me an account number to send it back , using DHL. I sent them the tracking number, and i could swear an hour later i had the new tracking number for my new unit. Believe it or not, they sent it out Saturday at 1PM from hong kong , it arrived in ONTARIO on sunday AUGUST 26th at 11:33 PM.

They sent me a new unit Next day shipping im assuming. Im really hoping i get the correct unit tomorrow , ( monday ).

Ridiculously good customer service! Will update and take some pics as soon as i get the new one!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did you order the d5102u, Or a different model?

I was suppost to install mine this weekend but really didn't get a chance. Wife wanted to go on a road trip " woulda been better with nice 7" inch nav . . Hopefully ill get it done tomorrow or tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by hamzawm View Post
    Just an update! So i took it apart friday night. Got the stock unit out no problem. I went to match up the connections, nothing matched. Nothing at all, it was almost like all the wires coming out of the unit were sitting in some sort of holder. There was no harness. Just a bunch of wires. I emailed EONON because the pics they had on there site didnt match what i had at all. They replied back friday midnight with a nice huge apology. I guess they made a mistake at the warehouse, because i guess that unit also fits in another car in hong kong other than the mazda 3. They gave me an account number to send it back , using DHL. I sent them the tracking number, and i could swear an hour later i had the new tracking number for my new unit. Believe it or not, they sent it out Saturday at 1PM from hong kong , it arrived in ONTARIO on sunday AUGUST 26th at 11:33 PM.

They sent me a new unit Next day shipping im assuming. Im really hoping i get the correct unit tomorrow , ( monday ).

Ridiculously good customer service! Will update and take some pics as soon as i get the new one!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All done! Everything worked out perfectly. Really straight forward install.

tHE only thing is i cant figure out how to turn off the radio. If i have my nav and the radio on at the same time, but decide i want the radio to be turned off, there is no such button. The only way is to press "mute" , but that also mutes my nav. If anyone knows , let me know!

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tHE only thing is i cant figure out how to turn off the radio. If i have my nav and the radio on at the same time, but decide i want the radio to be turned off, there is no such button. The only way is to press "mute" , but that also mutes my nav. If anyone knows , let me know!
    I don't think you can do that..You can mute the Navi individually, but not have Navi volume on, and radio volume off.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome, you'll have to write up a review of this unit once you've had a chance to use it for a little bit.

You could switch to CD or AUX and then go to NAV.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wtg! glad your installation went well