Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default KIESWETTER MAZDA, Kitchener, ON

4202 King St East
    Kitchener ON N2P 2G5
    519-653-2540
    Web site
    Salesperson: KIM kim@kieswettermazda.com

I got tired of my 15 L/100 400 HP Ford F150 and decided to jump into a small and efficient car. I test-drove: a 2013 Toyota Corolla (awful), a 2012 Ford Focus (slow; too much computer involvement), a 2013 Hyundai Elantra with a 6 speed manual (not bad), and finally a 2012 Mazda 3. Kim the salesperson at Kieswetter was knowledgeable about the car and not pushy. She let me try the SkyActive model and when I said I didn't like how it picked up speed, she suggested I try the regular 148 HP Mazda 3 GX A/C with a 5 speed manual. She asked me what I hoped to get in terms of the contract term and payments and we agreed on a 4.5 yr term with payments similar to those I've had on the F150. She gave me good advice on colours and I went with ALUMINUM METALLIC. I then talked with the Finance manager who was pleasant and not pushy either. I said 'no' to all the financial options she suggested though and we had a deal with a $1,000 down. Basically they take my Ford with all the upgrades staying on the vehicle, and I get the brand new GX this Wednesday, Oct-10th, 2012. We added the Convenience Package to the GX which added alloy rims, bluetooth, cruise control and audio/cruise controls on the steering wheel.

All in all I'm quite happy with my shopping experience at Kieswetter Mazda and would recommend them to anyone who plans to jump into a new or pre-owned Mazda.

Directions: 401 west to Hwy 8. First exit on the left - King St. Follow King St through 3 lights past the Chapters with Starbucks and they are on the right across the street from the TD Canada Trust.

COBRA
    www.youtube.com/user/smd5231

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: KIESWETTER MAZDA, Kitchener, ON

I read a couple of threads here about how many KMs should be on the new car's odometer and checked my paperwork. The VEHICLE PURCHASE AGREEMENT signed when they didn't know yet the VIN of the car (I asked for a specific colour) has a spot where it says, "On delivery date, odometer reading will not exceed ..." and there was the number '250' typed in. I think it's in there by default. When they found the car with the colour I wanted, they gave me another sheet of paper. This one had the VIN and the actual mileage in KM: 118. Anyone thinks that's a bit too much? The model year is 2012 and it's already October. I'd buy a 2013 Mazda but the price was higher so I went with the 2012. Any advice?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I understand how you feel about the 118KM, but the reality is that one trip to Toronto will double that, it's going to reach 10k, 50k, 100k. I don't think it is a big deal. Maybe the car was transferred over from another dealership?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by XTOTHEL View Post
    I understand how you feel about the 118KM, but the reality is that one trip to Toronto will double that, it's going to reach 10k, 50k, 100k. I don't think it is a big deal. Maybe the car was transferred over from another dealership?
    Yes, they didn't have it here. But it probably went through a few test drives. I know I did maybe 15 km on my test drive with another Mazda 3.

Ride
    Skyactiv 3
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by cobra View Post
    Yes, they didn't have it here. But it probably went through a few test drives. I know I did maybe 15 km on my test drive with another Mazda 3.
    Hmm I'd figure the dealership would set aside one car made specifically for test drives only then sell it as a used unit later on. When I was searching for my skyactiv 3, the dealership had one skyactiv model covered in skyactiv stickers used exclusively for test drives. Thought they would have done the same for regular ones. When I got mine is had 12kms on it

As someone else said it could have just been a dealer trade and they drove it from another dealership
    ...NIGHTCALL...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just called the dealership out of curiosity and asked them if the car I'm picking up tomorrow really has 112 KM on the odometer. The guys said, 'yes'. When I said it sounded like the car has been used for a while, the guy told me he had cars having 30 km, 150 km , and 200 km on them. "The car has to be driven from the plant to the train, and then from the train sometimes to the dealer," he said. Well, this is not the first vehicle I buy ... the 2011 Ford F150 I have now came directly from the factory (factory order) and when I saw it first in Cambridge ON, it had 25 or 30 km. Ford didn't give it to me right away saying they had to prepare it for sale (wash it ect), and when I finally took possession in a couple of days, the odometer showed ... 70 km. I wondered how they managed to add 40 km with a simple car wash, but didn't say anything. I think what they do when a new truck/car comes in, the boss or one of his favorites slaps the dealer's plate on it and takes it home...

This time this sales guy says my car was DRIVEN from the auto compound in Toronto. Since it's about a 100 km from TO to Kitchener, I guess that would explain it, but somehow I doubt it was driven. I saw a pickup truck at the dealer that was still hooked to a car-hauling trailer. To cut a long story short, they asked me if I wanted a different car. I said if they can find the same model and specs by tomorrow with lower mileage, that'd make me happier. The guy promised to talk to the owner and if they can find something different, they'd do it. If not, the silver car with 112 km is my car and I'm picking it up tomorrow, Wed, Oct-10.

Ride
    Skyactiv 3
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good to see you're not letting it damper your spirit on buying a new car. Hope you enjoy it!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They called me back and said they didn't have anything in the same spec on the lot and they'd have to start calling other dealers. The guy said, "It might be difficult to find a 2012 model in October 2012 but we want you to be happy with the car you buy from us." I said, "I just realized I've already used the silver car's VIN to get insurance. You know what - forget it. I'll take the silver car with 112K. It's not that big of a deal." The guy said, "Are you sure?" I said I was. He said he'd give me the first oil change for free. There you go!

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My car had 177km when i bought it and it was on the lot....4.5 year later and 165,000km later not one issue since i bought it.
    ​A lion would never cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I picked up my car on the 24th of September. I signed the paperwork without checking the odometer, because I'm a trusting (stupid) person. My number was "no more than 100km" and when I fired it up, it had 243km on it. After all the wheeling and dealing I had done, I was exhausted and I wasn't willing to argue about it. It was probably used as a tester once or twice. It was driven from the lot to get tinting done, they told me that, and probably driven here and there, dealer trade, from the factory, etc.

I don't have any problems with it. It shouldn't be anything to worry about. Enjoy your car!
    Black Mica Mazda3 SkyActive-GS, 6 speed manual.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"The car has to be driven from the plant to the train, and then from the train sometimes to the dealer," he said.
    Well considering the plant is located in Japan and the Trainyard is in Vancouver I would have expected alot mor kms on the car based in his statement.
    Damn you photobucket.....

Ride
    RAM 1500 - 2017
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I worked at a car dealership once and we would often 'trade' cars between dealerships since the owner owned 3 different dealerships in southern ontario. If a customer ordered the car but lived in toronto we would drive it over there, even just for a test drive sometimes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my wife bought her Mazda 3 from Kim back in 2006 and was happy with the service.
    IIRC the car had a few km's on it as well just from transport, but nothing crazy
    car's been serviced at Kieswetter until the warrantly expired, Kim still sends the mrs. a birthday card every year lol
    2007 Mazda 3 GS sedan - Arctic White / Tan cloth - SOLD
    2018 Tesla Model S 75D - Multi Coat Red

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i had 5 km on my 11 3 GT when i picked it up. Dealer said it had 30 km but when i got inside, it only had 5 km.

i think they sometimes put an estimate if they are not sure.
    2014 Mazda3 Sport GT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

kim is a good salesperson. she called me one week after i got the car asking how i liked it. i understand it was a courtesy call but it still felt good

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, i just did a quick road trip to port huron, mi and back and the speedo already shows almost 600 km. the car drives great especially with the new muffler.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A bit disappointed in the Service Dept of the said Mazda dealer in Kitchener, ON. On my previous Ford F-150 I had the Hypertech tuner which allowed me to adjust shift points of the auto tranny, change axle ratios, tire size and so on. When my speedo on the truck was off after the axle ratio change and bigger tires install, I just used the tuner to fix that. So, now I notice the Mazda's speedo consistently shows THREE KM AN HOUR less than what the GPS shows. I checked it against 2 GPS devices I own and I know they correct, so the speedo IS off. When it shows 80 km/h, the gps says, 77. When the speedo says 100, I' actually doing only 97. I don't like this. I'd rather the speedo showed LESS KM than the actual.

Anyway, I show at the Service Desk of Kieswetter Mazda and Kitchener and start explaining things. The service guy says, "What goes GPS have to do with your speedometer?" I say, "I'm talking about speed. The speedo is off by 3 km/h." The guy says, "We cannot fix that. We cannot tamper (!) with the computer." WTF? I said, "What if I installed 17" wheels and came to you to adjust the speedometer? Would you do it then?" The guy says, "No. The speedo would have been off. Here's the card of the Manager. He'll be back next week. You might want to talk to him".

I felt like I was on Mars talking to aliens.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The service guy says, "What goes GPS have to do with your speedometer?" I say, "I'm talking about speed. The speedo is off by 3 km/h." The guy says, "We cannot fix that. We cannot tamper (!) with the computer." WTF? I said, "What if I installed 17" wheels and came to you to adjust the speedometer? Would you do it then?" The guy says, "No. The speedo would have been off. Here's the card of the Manager. He'll be back next week. You might want to talk to him".

I felt like I was on Mars talking to aliens.
    As far as I know, they don't adjust anything when you change the wheels even if you ask..

If the speedo is faulty it could be replaced, but I am pretty sure that nothing can be tweeked from the service side.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default KIESWETTER MAZDA, Kitchener, ON

My car has always shown a little of variance in speedo. When i had stock 15's and when I upgraded to 18's

My solution was to get a GPS without the speed on the screen. Problem solved.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CAT had no problem changing revs per mile of tires via the ECU port. Depending on their mood, they either did it for free or charged 1/2 hr labour. Ridgehill Ford hooked up to my computer too to check if the axle ratio was correct after the change. Why is this Mazda dealer so powerless when it comes to the computer settings?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is this Mazda dealer so powerless when it comes to the computer settings?
    There is a good chance it is a set calibration from the factory and can not be changed. Have you called Mazda head office to see if it can be done?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i know u said u tried it with 2 different gps devices but another good way to test it is to drive down a road that has a speed monitoring digital sign. that would confirm it 100%. just a thought

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, I'm waiting for the Service Manager to get back from his vacation. He's supposed to know more about the Mazda on-board computer than the guy I talked to in Service. RE: GPS I've been using both of the units (TomTom and Cobra 6000) in my transport truck and I verified their accuracy when passing those Construction Zone Radar Speed Displays. They are accurate.

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never heard of anyone having their Mazda speedometer calibrated. It is fairly common for members to change wheel sizes, or tire sizes, and as a result the speedometer is off by a few percent. People generally understand this, and accept it as fact.
    I highly doubt they will be able to re-calibrate your speedometer, and most likely you are chasing your tale.
    That said, if you do have success, it could open up some interesting discussions.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, if nothing else works, I'll just change tires from 205/55R16 to 215/55R16. Discount Tire in Port Huron MI sells Barum Bravuris 2 (Speed Rating: Z!) for 86 bucks ea.

Revs per mile stock tire: 836
    Revs per mile new tire (215/55R16): 821
    Stock diameter: 24.88"
    New diameter: 25.31"
    Difference: 0.43".

According to the Discount Tire rep I talked on the phone, the speedometer with these tires will be "off" by 2 to 3 miles. Just what the doctor ordered. I hate it when my car is not perfect

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast