Thread: List of few problems I am experiencing with my Mazda 3 2010

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default List of few problems I am experiencing with my Mazda 3 2010

I have a few thing that popped up recently, but they are really intermittent, so going to the dealer is useless for me right now.
    I just wonder if I am the only one experiencing theses things.

-Car will sometimes have trouble starting, it will take like 10 cranks to start and the engine feels like dying instead of starting. Happens either when I park the car for a night or going to the grocery store for 20 mins, Very intermittent, sometimes nothing for weeks and sometimes it will happen 2 times in the same day. Wondering what it could be??

-Second gear hard to shift when car is cold/cold tempeture outside. I know other people that have this on their cars, and they tell me it is normal because it is cold, but My older cars never did theses things to me.

-Clutch feels frozen and very slow to come back when I release it, again this happens when it is very cold outside

That is all i can think of right now,
    My car is 3.5 years old and has 120 000 km, it runs great but I can feel it is slowly aging....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: List of few problems I am experiencing with my Mazda 3 2010

I would either get your battery tested or get a yellow top. may solve your problem for starting. second gear sounds normal for these cars (mine grinds every time now, cause synchro is toast). the clutch thing just sounds like normal wear and tear as it still seems to work by your account.
    "There is no path to happiness: Happiness is the path " ~Buddha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Ernest Hemingway

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OP should change his MT oil if that has not been changed before. And a good synthetic used. Definitely a good idea to get the battery and charging system checked.

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ps3alltheway View Post
    I have a few thing that popped up recently, but they are really intermittent, so going to the dealer is useless for me right now.
    I just wonder if I am the only one experiencing theses things.

-Car will sometimes have trouble starting, it will take like 10 cranks to start and the engine feels like dying instead of starting. Happens either when I park the car for a night or going to the grocery store for 20 mins, Very intermittent, sometimes nothing for weeks and sometimes it will happen 2 times in the same day. Wondering what it could be??

-Second gear hard to shift when car is cold/cold tempeture outside. I know other people that have this on their cars, and they tell me it is normal because it is cold, but My older cars never did theses things to me.

-Clutch feels frozen and very slow to come back when I release it, again this happens when it is very cold outside

That is all i can think of right now,
    My car is 3.5 years old and has 120 000 km, it runs great but I can feel it is slowly aging....
    The first issue is most likely your Purge Solenoid Valve, assuming you have already changed out to new spark plugs recently. The second issue can be resolved by changing out to a good synthetic oil, like Redline-Personally I use the 75w-90NS and find it works wonders, especially on cold mornings. Third issue, not much you can do, clutch is hydraulically activated, so it will be effected by cold, should get easier as the car warms up.

_3
    Last edited by Flagrum_3; 12-09-2012 at 08:36 PM.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Problem #3 (clutch pedal) is described here:
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...ht=#post369012

You can potentially solve the problem by going with a synthetic brake fluid.
    Brake fluid FAQ here

I'm running ATE Super Blue, DOT4. Hit -25*C a couple nights ago and clutch pedal felt only slightly cold.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Starting problem. I have the same problem on the 2010 2.5L . its been happening for last week but got significantly worse. Car is parked indoors at about 12C so temperature isn't the issue. Going to dealer tomorrow, will update after. Wonder if other's have the same problem.

Other problems, its cold weather, changing transmission oil might help for 2nd gear, otherwise just warm up the car and after couple of minutes driving everything will be fine, its normal.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stas View Post
    Starting problem. I have the same problem on the 2010 2.5L . its been happening for last week but got significantly worse. Car is parked indoors at about 12C so temperature isn't the issue. Going to dealer tomorrow, will update after. Wonder if other's have the same problem.

Other problems, its cold weather, changing transmission oil might help for 2nd gear, otherwise just warm up the car and after couple of minutes driving everything will be fine, its normal.
    STAS! You still hanging around mang, where you been? You have a 2010 now, what happen to the Integra?

_3