Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Denso "Designer" hybrid wiper blades

Got a Christmas gift for my turbo Protege today

These hybrid wiper blades are typical of many late model cars. Civics and Corollas now have them, but the 3s are still missing out!
    They are high quality OEM quality blades, using the same exact design, materials, and construction as what you find in cars that comes with these types of blades. They're more aerodynamic, lower profile, and the aero design creates a spoiler effect, which adds downforce to the blades thus improving wipes at highway speeds. Because of the enclosed design, they also greatly reduce ice and snow build up.

They come very well packaged in the box. An inner cardboard wraps over the blades, and then 2 inserts keeps the blade from bouncing around inside the box.

You can also see that there are no holes on the side where the clip is, unlike the cheaper Rain-X Fusions. It really is a much better, cleaner design!

Interestingly, these blades were made by NWB, which is the largest wiper blade manufacturer in Japan. All 11 auto makers in Japan use their blades for the most part. NWB made the wiper blades for the Genpus too, but not the Genwons (they are Bosch). It seems that Denso only licensed the product from NWB to sell these overseas since NWB has very little overseas presence as opposed to Denso. From what I could tell by Googling, Denso doesn't sell aftermarket wiper blades anywhere but North America and Europe. NWB sells these blades themselves in Japan.

The stock NWB versus the Denso (NWB) "Designer" blade

As you can see, the Denso blade is much more arched than the stock blade, which means there's lots more spring tension force from the blade. That's better for contoured glass. The box also says the rubber is graphite coated for better durability. According to NWB, it'll also help against streaking and skipping on Rain-X (silicone water repelling) coated glass and reduce the tendency of wearing the coating off!
    http://www.nwb.co.jp/products/pdf/graphite.pdf

And that's how it looks on the car

I haven't tried these yet. The Protege is in winter hibernation. The 3 still has the stock Bosch Excel+ on there while I try to hunt down a Bosch AeroTwin retrofit kit to try to make it more "matched". The EDM Genwons comes stock with Bosch AeroTwins, but their mounting tabs are Euro style pin type, meaning it won't fit on the J hook style arms. My mother's 07 Corolla has the NWB hybrid blades on it. I managed to get a set destined for the dumpster off a 09 Forester that was in for warranty work. All I did was replace the rubbers with ones off the 2nd gen 6 and it was good to go. They wipe much better than the stock conventional NWBs on her car.

When these Denso blades wear out, I'll just go down to Honda and order me some refills meant for the CR-Z and Accord passenger side blades
    76632-TA0-A02 19" (475mm) refill insert
    76622-SZT-A01 21" (525mm) refill insert

Or I can swim across the ocean to Japan and buy refills that NWB sells They made it easy for Japanese owners by printing the refill number on the mounting clips (DW48 and DW53 you see in the pics)!

There's also a 24" version of this Denso blade, under part number 160-3124. All you need to do is get a refill meant for the Mazda6 driver's side, using part number GS3L-67-333.
    Last edited by TheMAN; 12-25-2012 at 07:06 AM.
    2005 Mazda3 SP23 hatchback (auto)
    2016 Mazda3 Sport GT (auto)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Denso "Designer" hybrid wiper blades

They look great, What's the cost of them?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i wants a set as well
    where can i pick these up?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I purchased these through a wholesaler at work, so I can't give you the prices or source unfortunately. I suggest calling Denso Aftermarket and asking them where you can buy these. Their number is 1-888-96-DENSO (1-888-963-3676). They are in California, so don't call too late in the afternoon!

Alternatively, you can buy these hybrid blades from Honda and Acura... it may cost a little more, unless you have a hookup or can get a club discount from one of the local Honda forums
    Here's the Honda part numbers for the blade assemblies:
    76620-TL0-G01.... 24" from Acura only... TSX driver side blade or you can buy from Mazda: GS3L-67-330A
    76630-SZT-A01.... 21" from Honda only... CR-Z passenger side blade
    76630-TX6-A01.... 19" from Acura only... ILX passenger side blade

The graphite coated rubbers are expected to last 3-5 years according to Toyota Japan, unlike conventional blades which everyone says last 6-12 months
    http://toyota.jp/after_service/car_c...ow/waipar.html

Once they are worn down, refills are cheaply available from Honda which makes long term ownership of these blades cheap... it only requires a one time costly purchase, unlike having repeated costly purchases of expensive fancy aftermarket blades (Bosch Icons, Michellin equivalents, etc)
    76632-SYP-004... 19" refill
    76622-SZT-A01... 21" refill
    76622-SLN-A11... 24" refill or from Mazda: GS3L-67-333

some S2000 owners are also very happy with this upgrade:
    RHD install: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/9654...rrent-weather/
    LHD install: http://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/8623...he-difference/
    Last edited by TheMAN; 12-30-2012 at 10:43 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great find (even without source or price). love the slim design

50 shades of silver

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

easiest to just buy from Honda if you don't want to chase down the Densos and don't mind paying a little extra
    I can assure you they are worth it! My mom's Corolla has these same kinds of blades that came off a Forester as I said... it worked great in that snow storm.... nothing build up inside the wipers, no melty stuff got inside and freeze in place, causing the wipers to not work right.... it worked perfectly the whole time!

keep in mind these aren't real snow wiper blades and not meant to be... but the design characteristics make these perfect as all season blades!
    Last edited by TheMAN; 12-30-2012 at 11:02 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i might get a set of these. even while i still have the 1 year warranty on mine. loving the slim design and think itll go well with my "lowered wipers" i gotta ask where you got those wiper wings. most i find look like crap.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you may want to try your luck asking Denso Canada if they know where you can get these
    905-890-0890

Thanks
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    you may want to try your luck asking Denso Canada if they know where you can get these
    905-890-0890
    what about the spoilers on the arm itself?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it's stock and that's not a mazda3 in case you didn't notice

it looks cool, but it's not needed with these blades

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheMAN View Post
    905-890-0890
    any toyota dealer should be able to get them, the blades are OE on some toyotas and im sure can order any size.
    Last edited by standsideways; 01-28-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well, ive called honda and acura. honda gave me a price of $43.57 and acura gave me a price of $6. thats a huge gap in price. and yes i asked for the entire blade, not just the refill. considering the quality of these blades, $50 bucks isnt too bad.

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by standsideways View Post
    any toyota dealer should be able to get them, the blades are OE on some toyotas and im sure can order any size.
    No they can't. If it's not something a Toyota car uses, they can't order it. I checked already and found no other Japanese auto maker use the 19" and 21" blades in this style except for Honda. It would've been so much better if you can buy from Toyota because their parts can be easier/cheaper to get. And just because Denso is owned by Toyota it doesn't mean they have much to do with each other. You can't buy Denso branded aftermarket parts from a Toyota dealer!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverstarmazda View Post
    well, ive called honda and acura. honda gave me a price of $43.57 and acura gave me a price of $6. thats a huge gap in price. and yes i asked for the entire blade, not just the refill. considering the quality of these blades, $50 bucks isnt too bad.
    You gave them those part numbers I posted correct?
    76630-SZT-A01.... 21" (Honda only)
    76630-TX6-A01.... 19" (Acura only)
    The one from Acura is cheaper because the blade is shorter.. are you sure it's $6 and not $16? Honda USA's website shows a much higher price!

On another note, these wipers on my mother's corolla have worked fantastic in the various snowings over the past 10 days... nothing got frozen inside the blade and it worked pretty good at keeping snow off the windshield once you scraped all that crap off before you got in the car
    Her car also has RainX on the windshield and the wipers never skipped or make noise in light rain. Some small streaks were noticed in mist but it was acceptable, quickly disappeared, and nothing compared to using stock wiper blades on RainX glass!
    Last edited by TheMAN; 01-28-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol yea, i was very hesitant when the parts guy said 6..... which is really cheap... ill probably ask around for other prices from other acura dealers and see what they give me.

off topic: does anyone else get this slight haze after the wipers wipe? it disappears in like 2 seconds and isnt much of a problem... but its kinda bothering me.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The part listed under 76630-SZT-A01.... 21" from Honda only... CR-Z passenger side blade is $15-$20 online, but cost $40+ from two Honda Dealership!!

I've found an alternative and would like confirmation before buying. Wonder has anyone seen how the rear blade looks like on the Honda Crosstour and would it fit the front wiper design on the Mazda?

76730-TP6-A01 ... 21" from Honda only ... Rear Windshield Wiper from Honda Crosstour
    Last edited by liquidzyklon; 05-18-2013 at 11:10 AM. Reason: removed Acura MDX part b/c old design from photos
    Retired: 2008 Mazda 3 GS Sedan - 32% All Around Tint - VG Shark Fin - 5000k HIDs - Grom iPod Adaptor - JDM Rainguard - Red 15 LED 3rd Brake Light - SK Performance White LED Interior Lights - Viper 5101 Remote Starter

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wanted to revive this older thread to see if there were any updates in the past 2 years.

Are the Denso's still the wiper of choice?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe if you like to waste money on expensive wipers? The cheapest ones work great for me, I usually change the car before I have to change the wipers.
    Canada gave us rust and DRL. Thanks for nothing Canada!

Ride
    2010 Mazda 3 GT
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 19" blades are still $7.xx from Acura. The 24" refills are about $7-8 after TM3 discount from Mazda (blade is <$30 though). Not sure how much cheaper you can go.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to DualSoul For This Useful Post:

ottoyu34 (02-01-2016)

Ride
    '91 318i, '11 550i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DualSoul View Post
    The 19" blades are still $7.xx from Acura. The 24" refills are about $7-8 after TM3 discount from Mazda (blade is <$30 though). Not sure how much cheaper you can go.
    the frameless tricos i got through rockauto for less than $3 a piece work great

21. The Following User Says Thank You to ryan2.3 For This Useful Post:

DualSoul (02-06-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never had any complaints with the OEM wiper blades and the price is right also.

Pat.

2010 Mazda3 GT Sport..

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

go to rockauto wiper blade bottom on the list

Thanks
    Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dskymar View Post
    go to rockauto wiper blade bottom on the list
    Great tip, I noticed it the other day.
    2010 Mazda 3 GT Sedan - Graphite Mica

| Enkei Raijin+Michelin PSS | Rays lug nuts | RoadMagnet+Koni Yellow | SPC Cam.Arm | CS F Strut bar+MidBrace | JBR RSB | CS SRI+AirBox | Racing Beat Exhaust | Amsoil Signature Series 0W20&ATF | CS LED Light kit | CS LED DRL | Corksport LED fogs | Smoked Head & Tail Lights | CS LED 3rd brake | LED Projector Reverse light | FormulaOne Pinnacle series tints | Mazda3 Weathertech Floorliner & Trunkliner | Scuff Plates | Window Visors | OEM Side Skirts | Bosch Icon | CS Tow Plate | CS Hood Dampers |