Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 skyactiv owners notice any fuel economy improvements after first oil change?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Mazda 3 skyactiv owners notice any fuel economy improvements after first oil change?

Has anybody got better fuel economy after the first oil change?

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3 skyactiv owners notice any fuel economy improvesments after first oil cha

usually you will see an increase over time as thing wear in. on both my 2010s i didnt see it go up and stay to what its at now until 24,000km. but you wont really see an increase now during winter. maybe more so when its warmer again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

Ride
    Skyactiv 3
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3 skyactiv owners notice any fuel economy improvesments after first oil cha

+1 wait for the warmer weather. I'm due for my first oil change as well. Gettin done as soon as I get her back
    ...NIGHTCALL...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Booter22 View Post
    usually you will see an increase over time as thing wear in. on both my 2010s i didnt see it go up and stay to what its at now until 24,000km. but you wont really see an increase now during winter. maybe more so when its warmer again.
    I also noticed my brakes are a bit grabby at slight touch of the brake pedal from cold start. Eventually, it disappears as i drive. Maybe it is the winter.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Edward_Zoom View Post
    I also noticed my brakes are a bit grabby at slight touch of the brake pedal from cold start. Eventually, it disappears as i drive. Maybe it is the winter.
    I had this problem on every car, my current 3, my old jetta, rents RX8 CX-9 and 3 hatchback. Very common

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3

Lol, on my last tank I got around 480, I hope it's winter tires, cold weather and me warming it up too much, otherwise I'll be really upset with the mileage, plus the car only has less than 1500

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eSS View Post
    +1 wait for the warmer weather. I'm due for my first oil change as well. Gettin done as soon as I get her back
    How many kilo to change oil?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3

Quote Originally Posted by stsniper View Post
    Lol, on my last tank I got around 480, I hope it's winter tires, cold weather and me warming it up too much, otherwise I'll be really upset with the mileage, plus the car only has less than 1500
    Oh boy that is quite low.i got 540 on my last tank 05 3. Basic! 15 inch wheels i dont know if that helps.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anybody got better fuel economy after the first oil change?
    Yes and it gets better until about 15K, then levels off

This makes a big difference for me.

I notice the same, colder the weather the grabbier they are on my first touch of the breaks. Once I start driving it goes back to normal. Always a good wake me up when pulling up to the first stop sign on my street.

Quote Originally Posted by stsniper View Post
    That seems off. I have never gotten worse than 500 with HARD driving. Normally 650-750 a tank, 60-70% highway
    Last edited by Kessly Snipes; 01-04-2013 at 11:03 AM.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re:

Yup, 489km and put in 53 liters, I do warm it up for about 10 mins at times, and no hard driving, never over 3.5rpm, usually don't even push it harder than 2.5 yet, more city driving, hope it is still breaking in....

Ride
    Skyactiv 3
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many kilo to change oil?
    Mazda quotes every 8k or 4 months. I'm sitting around 6xxxkms and bought the vehicle in September. I'm under in mileage but the month interval is there. Probably be another week or so till I get it back

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mazda quotes every 8k or 4 months. I'm sitting around 6xxxkms and bought the vehicle in September. I'm under in mileage but the month interval is there. Probably be another week or so till I get it back
    To what people have told me that if you don't go back to your dealer for a schedule maintenance, like an oil change for example, you will loose your warranty.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To what people have told me that if you don't go back to your dealer for a schedule maintenance, like an oil change for example, you will loose your warranty.
    This is the farthest thing from the truth.
    It is better to visit a dealership for all your services in case something happens in the future to the vehicle.
    When you have a dealer maintain the vehicle, everything is recorded and available online for them to access.
    Ex.) You go to Florida, car breaks down; they can access certain information to find out about the history of the vehicle to validate your warranty claim.

If you take your car to Jerk Lube & don't save your receipts, you forget one, are stuck in a bind & cannot provide necessary documentation, then yes, you could quite possibly run the risk of being unable to obtain a warranty-related repair.

Its best to go to one dealership & stick with them; they will get to know you & your vehicle best.
    Hope that helps.

P.S. Its wise to change the oil before the 2,000km mark the first time when the vehicle is brand-new.
    Moe
    From the South- Windsor
    Windsor Mazda Service Advisor
    2007 Mazdaspeed3-SOLD
    2012 MS3 CWP- SOLD but not forgotten
    2016 SWP Mazda6 GT 6-MT- DAILY

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 5_Alive View Post
    This is the farthest thing from the truth.
    It is better to visit a dealership for all your services in case something happens in the future to the vehicle.
    When you have a dealer maintain the vehicle, everything is recorded and available online for them to access.
    Ex.) You go to Florida, car breaks down; they can access certain information to find out about the history of the vehicle to validate your warranty claim.

If you take your car to Jerk Lube & don't save your receipts, you forget one, are stuck in a bind & cannot provide necessary documentation, then yes, you could quite possibly run the risk of being unable to obtain a warranty-related repair.

Its best to go to one dealership & stick with them; they will get to know you & your vehicle best.
    Hope that helps.

P.S. Its wise to change the oil before the 2,000km mark the first time when the vehicle is brand-new.
    Moe

I was thinking of getting oil change earlier too, but the salesman who sold me the car said 7000km or 4 months, regardless if the car is new or not. But this car i am driving uses synthetic oil.

Why synthetic oil??

Thanks
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've had my Skyactiv since May 2012, it now has 31,500km on it and I have noticed a decrease in fuel economy (I'm aware it's probably due to colder weather and winter tires). In the summer I was pushing 750km a tank, now it seems to vary anywhere from 500km - 600km.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was thinking of getting oil change earlier too, but the salesman who sold me the car said 7000km or 4 months, regardless if the car is new or not. But this car i am driving uses synthetic oil.

Why synthetic oil??
    I'm no mechanic but I think its something to do with low viscosity means less resistance and faster warm ups and better lubrication. Its also more emissions friendly.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I picked up my GS-Sky about 3 weeks ago. On my first tank I took it very easy. I'd say 50/50 City and Highway, I got 932kms out of it. Believe it or not I placed a spare Gas container in my car and started driving on QEW Niagara bound until I ran out of Gas completely. looked at my kms and it was 932.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mazda spec states the fuel tank capacity as 55L. When I ran out of gas the other day, I filled up my tank all the way up to the neck and it took 66 litres.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talk about silly and dangerous. Intentionally driving, on a highway no less, waiting for all the fuel to be used up. Not only is that major safety hazard but it causes a lot of strain on your fuel pump.

Please do us all a favor and stick to empty back roads for these tests, so you don't hurt/kill anyone when your car dies from no fuel and cause a major accident.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylou View Post
    I picked up my GS-Sky about 3 weeks ago. On my first tank I took it very easy. I'd say 50/50 City and Highway, I got 932kms out of it. Believe it or not I placed a spare Gas container in my car and started driving on QEW Niagara bound until I ran out of Gas completely. looked at my kms and it was 932.

2010 Sport 2.0L 5MT

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylou View Post
    I managed to get 7.0 liter per 100km because i went to Buffalo. To me this skyactiv engine is mostly made up of some tweaks here and there.

This skyactiv has a long way to go to match diesel.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sarujo View Post
    Talk about silly and dangerous. Intentionally driving, on a highway no less, waiting for all the fuel to be used up. Not only is that major safety hazard but it causes a lot of strain on your fuel pump.

Please do us all a favor and stick to empty back roads for these tests, so you don't hurt/kill anyone when your car dies from no fuel and cause a major accident.
    Thank you for the concern. This test is done only once!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This guy is just trolling you haha. Yea I guess those 66L included the extra fuel canister you brought to place in your car for some on the fly highway fuel-up

Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmmmm.. I do believe the Skyactiv Mazda 3's use a 60L tank.. I've had new 3's take well over 60 liters of fuel when filling them up..
    My Speed3 takes over 60L at times.. depends how much I really feel like filling it..

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skyactiv Sedan and Hatch have a 55L tank. 11L over the specifications stated by the Manufacturer? Hehe...

bitch flakes....yummy greyseason's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

11 over? It's supposed to be 55L. Where does it say it's a 44L tank? Or do you mean 44mpg?
    Skyactiv Powa

Corksport | Nextmod | Garage16 | Work | Razo | Tein | Audio Heaven | Broadway | Eurolight | Sony | Kicker | Alpine |

"everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always"

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast