Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mazda 3 skyactiv owners notice any fuel economy improvements after first oil change?

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3 skyactiv owners notice any fuel economy improvesments after first oil cha

I've had my car for just over a year now... the BEST i squeezed out of it was JUST over 700km. I'm hitting about 600-650km per tank from completely full to light come on.

I do about 80% hwy driving
    2012 sky gs
    28000km on it

... not getting 1000km again.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3 skyactiv owners notice any fuel economy improvesments after first oil cha

I'm also finding that the first 25% i can do about 230km. from 50-75% about 175km, 25-50% about 90km and the last 25% about 125.. till i feel really unfomfortable driving with the light on.

bitch flakes....yummy greyseason's Avatar
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3 skyactiv owners notice any fuel economy improvements after first oil chan

nobody has gotten 1000km yet on this forum, im shooting for that next summer.

Remember this is the winter season now. Crappier gas, more dense air, winter tires all play a role on MPG. I went from 850-900km a tank to 650km. Just the way it is
    Skyactiv Powa

Corksport | Nextmod | Garage16 | Work | Razo | Tein | Audio Heaven | Broadway | Eurolight | Sony | Kicker | Alpine |

"everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always"

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Mazda 3 skyactiv owners notice any fuel economy improvements after first oil chan

I still have yet to get 600km to a tank and i dont drive hard or have a heavy foot. This is so disappointing as I traded in my speed to get better gas mileage. I'm hoping this improves after my first oil change. I have 2178km on the odo.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbylou View Post
    I picked up my GS-Sky about 3 weeks ago. On my first tank I took it very easy. I'd say 50/50 City and Highway, I got 932kms out of it. Believe it or not I placed a spare Gas container in my car and started driving on QEW Niagara bound until I ran out of Gas completely. looked at my kms and it was 932.
    Lucky you, I've had my sky for just over a year and I've only see 7xx once in the past year... i'm averaging about 600-650 a tank

Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by funkdupspeed3 View Post
    I still have yet to get 600km to a tank and i dont drive hard or have a heavy foot. This is so disappointing as I traded in my speed to get better gas mileage. I'm hoping this improves after my first oil change. I have 2178km on the odo.
    are you all highway this past summer?

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just picked up the car in october brand new from the dealer. I drive a mix of city and hwy, mostly city though.

Quote Originally Posted by greyseason View Post
    are you all highway this past summer?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Check your tire pressures. I've noticed awhile back my dealership deflates them to 32 PSI only for me to fill them back up to 36 PSI as stated on the driver door sill. Hopefully next time I won't forget to tell them not to check tire pressure.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I did not even think of that. Thanks for the info and I will top up my tires with air if needed.

Quote Originally Posted by r4mi5awi View Post
    Check your tire pressures. I've noticed awhile back my dealership deflates them to 32 PSI only for me to fill them back up to 36 PSI as stated on the driver door sill. Hopefully next time I won't forget to tell them not to check tire pressure.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I`m getting over 700 all city. And from fill up, to the light bieng on for over 300 kms, 1191kms before I filled up again doing a trip to the cottage and back.
    Speed affects alot, I find about 100-105 to be a good gas sipping speed. I try not to overtake or keep the power up, I let it drop to 1500 rpm and think of all the speeding tickets I used to get in the RX8.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My next question is, did anyones gas mileage improve after the first oil change on a new sky?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

My next question is, did anyones gas mileage improve after the first oil change on a new sky?
    Sure does. Mine goes down as I get closer to yr 8009km than up again after my oil change

Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Campbell View Post
    I`m getting over 700 all city. And from fill up, to the light bieng on for over 300 kms, 1191kms before I filled up again doing a trip to the cottage and back.
    Sweet Jesus! Did you take a picture?!

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

still on my first tank form the dealer, so not a good sample, but I am hoping to get 500 kms on my first tank. All city driving. Not sure this is a great car for the city, think the great mileage numbers are more for highway driving... We'll see how it goes after the first oil change...

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I got 468km on my first tank from the dealer.

Quote Originally Posted by DouggyD View Post
    still on my first tank form the dealer, so not a good sample, but I am hoping to get 500 kms on my first tank. All city driving. Not sure this is a great car for the city, think the great mileage numbers are more for highway driving... We'll see how it goes after the first oil change...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Got to 618km in last night's tank. Pushed 10-20km after last bar disappeared. Drive 70% highway and with no care in improving gas mileage (110-130km on highway, high revs in stop and go traffic, overtaking). This, with regular use of a remote car starter idling for 8-10 mins at a time. In my case there's lots to improve, however my patience gets the best of me every time. I can definitely see how other users mileages are significantly better however I get the feeling everyone's proud to post their highest and not their weekly day to day average.

Forgot to mention: I average around 570km/tank. That's fine with me lol
    Last edited by r4mi5awi; 11-22-2013 at 04:25 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

im averaging 32mpg still in the winter according to fuelly so im happy.

Wait til drift season

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a Mazda 3GS with skyactive and did 416km with a full tank. I took this pic right after filling up before i reset the meter http://i.imgur.com/fqgB9sr.jpg
    I talked with some people on the reddit Mazda page and it seems like im not getting as much out of a tank as i should, i wanted to get some local input maybe this is due to the weather and running the car a bit to warm up. also some times i go a little fast on the 401 i dont know how much of an affect that would have.

This is my first car so i really know nothing about this stuff, I've been driving for years but have never owned my own car, any insight would be helpful.
    i made a post to try and get some help but it was closed
    http://www.torontomazda3.ca/forum/sh...549-Gas-Milage

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2013 GS SkyActive, purchased Dec 2013. 4000km in so far. Best reading yet is 700km (that was on my last tank of gas). I drivem mostly hwy and some city. Averaging 650km right now. Someone says the engine has to break (sometime after first oil change) before getting optimal mileage.

Alot depends on idling, acceleration, city v.s. hwy and, of course, your right foot. I do speed limits mostly (maybe 5-10 over at most). I tick people off on the hwy cause I put cruise on a 100km/hr or 80km/hr. If im going somewhere, I will get there 10-20 minutes slower than anyone else but I don't care, my future retirement savings is more important to me. Another place I will get to eventually, hopefully alot richer from all the money I save on gas!!!!

However, there was one week where I drove 20km/hr over all speed limits and found that the gas mileage was significantly worse than usual; I just squeezed 600km out of that tank. I always fill up at Shell.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

my best tank was 604km and that was with driving around til there was no bars left lol. My sky only have 6000kms and hoping the mileage improves in the spring/summer. I average about 475-500km/tank this winter. Ive had my first oil change and have not moticed a real difference as of yet. I bought a sky to save on fuel. At this rate, i shouldve kept my speed lol
    2013 Mazda3 Sport GS-L Skyactiv (Black Mica)
    2007 Mazdaspeed3 (Black Mica)
    2003 VW GTI 1.8T (Reflex Silver)
    1992 Mazda MX3 Precidia (Red)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

So many low km on the odo I think I got my best mileage when the car was still brand-new but all,your guys numbers will increase with the warmer weather and better gas

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

By better gas you mean not the crappy winter gas petro has lol?

Quote Originally Posted by greyseason View Post
    So many low km on the odo I think I got my best mileage when the car was still brand-new but all,your guys numbers will increase with the warmer weather and better gas

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I average about 475-500km/tank this winter....
    Do you drive mostly city? Does your care idle alot? Do you let the car idle every morning on warm up - if so - for how many minutes? All of these things have to be considered as part of your daily driving routine and mileage.

I do mostly hwy (60km per day) and I don't let the car warm up, I just start it and drive.

I traded in a mazda 6 which got around 500km on a full tank (65 litre). I loved the M6 but needed something more fuel efficient. M3 has a smaller tank and is definately getting better mileage than the 6 - hands down.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...I average about 475-500km/tank this winter....
    Do you drive mostly city? Does your care idle alot? Do you let the car idle every morning on warm up - if so - for how many minutes? All of these things have to be considered as part of your daily driving routine and mileage.

I do mostly hwy (60km per day) and I don't let the car warm up, I just start it and drive.

I traded in a mazda 6 which got around 500km on a full tank (65 litre). I loved the M6 but needed something more fuel efficient. M3 has a smaller tank and is definately getting better mileage than the 6 - hands down.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

By better gas you mean not the crappy winter gas petro has lol?
    All gas companies run a winter blend gasoline in the late fall I believe which is better for the colder temps, but you get less,mileage out of a tank.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast