Thread: TM3 Dads (and Moms) club

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: TM3 Dads (and Moms) club

heres my little runt.

he is 13 weeks now, and is already showing hes going to be a very busy boy. he almost never stops moving. some part of him is always on the go.

Ride
    '98 BMW 750iL
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rajin929 View Post
    awesome thread Aitch!

This is our Monkey, he is 12 weeks old. His Colic has gotten much better now he is getting a bit older, but still has some acid reflux issues causing him to spit up quite often, but nothing abnormal. He smiles when he sees hot girls which is a plus, and his "poo face" is f^&*king hilarious.

He finally got his first round of booster shots last night, he took the first one like a champ - then realized what was going on, and went ape shit for the second needle. LOL

We are using a Britax infant seat and like everyone else, the passenger seat is almost all the way up. My wife has no choice but to sit in the back with him. Since we live in Brampton, we blend right in with the 'immigrants' haha.

^^LOL. I found the Britax seat in our car to be not to bad for the front seat. However my wife likes it a bit closer to the dash and upright anyway so it works out.

Our guy freaked when he got his shots but he calmed down after only about a minute or so.
    Last edited by Aitch; 01-11-2013 at 02:31 PM.

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picked up the Safety First Omega elite for my baby girl at CT two weeks ago when it was on sale. Anyone use this one or something similar? I still have to install it in the Mazda 3.
    http://m.canadiantire.ca/mt/www.cana...ocale=en#video

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bunchi View Post
    here are my kids going at it... Gangnam Style! lol

And my rant.... they hog the tv!!
    Nice TV....

Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Picked up the Safety First Omega elite for my baby girl at CT two weeks ago when it was on sale. Anyone use this one or something similar? I still have to install it in the Mazda 3.
    http://m.canadiantire.ca/mt/www.cana...ocale=en#video
    I have something similar to this. Mine is Safety 1st but I can't remember which model. If the size is similar then your front passenger seat will be right at the dash and will be unusable. There won't be much room for bags either. Don't forget to get some foam swimming noodles because the seat probably won't be leveled until you put about 3 pieces of noodles under the front end of the car seat. I got my swimming noodles from Canadian Tire.
    Dave

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ds2chan View Post
    I have something similar to this. Mine is Safety 1st but I can't remember which model. If the size is similar then your front passenger seat will be right at the dash and will be unusable. There won't be much room for bags either. Don't forget to get some foam swimming noodles because the seat probably won't be leveled until you put about 3 pieces of noodles under the front end of the car seat. I got my swimming noodles from Canadian Tire.
    Hey thanks for the tip about the foam noodles. I'll install it soon. I saw a video on the install of these larger rear facing car seats and they take up lots of space. My wife sits in the back with the baby so the loss of the front passenger seat isn't a problem. I'll be losing my sub in the trunk too for the stroller lol.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm a Dad to be in August!! I'm really excited and scared at the same time. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to pick up some pointers.

Ride
    '98 BMW 750iL
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by eguiyab View Post
    I'm a Dad to be in August!! I'm really excited and scared at the same time. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread to pick up some pointers.
    Do your car modding BEFORE the baby comes.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Get lots of sleep before hand and don't push yourself. The first few months can be brutal trying to adjust to 3 hour feedings.

Quote Originally Posted by eguiyab View Post

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TM3 Dads (and Moms) club

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBoy View Post
    Get lots of sleep before hand and don't push yourself. The first few months can be brutal trying to adjust to 3 hour feedings.
    LOL - it gets better after the 8-10 week.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a few starter tips for new parents I found that are sometimes overlooked...

Expecting? Time to start planning financially. Having 1 person not working can be hard. Try to live on 1 income, and bank as much of the rest as you can as a 'reserve fund'. Also try to pay down some of your debt as well. Yes, there's EI maternity benefits, but if you can get in the habit of scaling back and getting used to living on less income, once baby comes money will be 1 less thing to worry about! You'll have some hefty savings to pull from when you need to cover expenses as they arise.

Babies don't need much for the first few months. They need a place to sleep, some clothes, some food and diapers/wipes. Don't worry to go out and buy everything right now - you'll probably get a LOT of items as baby shower gifts from family and friends. You don't need to get every single item ready before the baby comes.

Like weddings, babies are HUGE industry. If you haven't noticed all the marketing, hype and hoopla around baby products...you will now. Resist the urge to go ape shit and buy super expensive items and other stuff you probably will never use. Also, people like to compare and compete on who has 'the best', don't keep up with the jonses. Your kids will suck Money out of you for the rest of thier lives, spread out the pain as much as possible! (read that: more $$ on baby = less $$ for MODS, which you should have done to your car already haha)

Visitors? Take a number. Talk with your wife and agree upon how you will handle visitors once baby gets home. Everyone's going to want to come over. People's intentions are good and they are super excited to see baby - but it can be overwhelming the first few days/weeks taking care of mom, baby and having to entertain people. Yes, you can't tell immidiate family to scram, but politely asking friends to give you a week or two before coming over is all it takes to lessen your stress, and give you more time to spend with baby.

There's no right or wrong Everyone will give you advice on how to take care of your baby. End of the day, it's you and your wife. As long as you two are on the same page, things will be fine. Read all the books and google until the cows come home, every baby is different and as a first-time parent, of course you'll worry and stress out about things. Just try to keep a cool level head (I know, easier said than done).

You are no longer #1. Get over it. Baby comes, you get knocked down pretty far down the list of important people LOL. Your job is now more of a support/errand boy than a husband, so don't get butthurt when your wife doesn't even know you're in the room. Now's not the time to be petty over stupid shit that doesn't matter. Don't worry, after a few months your wife will notice your existence.

Even though you're not #1, you have people by your side. Family and friends will certainly offer to lend a hand, don't be afraid to take them up on the offer. It can be simple as having your mom come over and cook some food for you guys while you take care of baby, or get some rest. Accept the help from others - but make sure to remember to return the favor later down the road and help them when they need it!!

You'll be surprised the things you can do with no Sleep. Like many others have said, get your sleep in now while you can! LOL
    Last edited by rajin929; 01-14-2013 at 02:20 PM.
    2007 Mazda 3 GS sedan - Arctic White / Tan cloth - SOLD
    2018 Tesla Model S 75D - Multi Coat Red

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Seems like babies turn your life upside down. Still not seeing the appeal of having children!!! lol

Quote Originally Posted by peterm15 View Post
    Not so much. Lol.

I was volunteered by my GF ( with her help) to babysit once. Worst 6 hrs of mu life. After that any time she volunteered I went to the bar.
    Me tooooo.... I looked after my 3 & 4 year old niece and nephew last weekend and it was the worst 4 hours of my entire life as well. I was counting down the minutes until the nightmare was finally over. Brutal!!! If you don't like kids don't volunteer to babysit. You'll regret every second of it hahaha

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very beautiful children!!!

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdabetty View Post
    ^ Seems like babies turn your life upside down. Still not seeing the appeal of having children!!! lol

Me tooooo.... I looked after my 3 & 4 year old niece and nephew last weekend and it was the worst 4 hours of my entire life as well. I was counting down the minutes until the nightmare was finally over. Brutal!!! If you don't like kids don't volunteer to babysit. You'll regret every second of it hahaha
    I felt the same way when I babysat my sister's baby a couple of years ago. She expected me to have some bonding time with him but I said I didn't really enjoy it and she was pissed. Lol. But seriously it's totally different when they are your own kids. I can't wait to get home from work and hold her and see her smile.

Ride
    2013 Mazda CX5
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For all those asking about car seat installs, check with your local police and or fire department if they do it, they usually hold a car seat install once a month. 55 division does this at the Canadian tire at Lakehore and lesie every other Saturday but you have to make an appointment.
    2011 Mazda 3 GX Sport | Graphite | Black plasti-dipped emblems | Window visors | Tints | Mazda3 aluminum pedals | Mazda seatbelt cushions | Painted engine and battery cover | Plasti dipped rims | Painted calipers

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's flu season. And this year is especially bad.

BE SURE TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!

I caught the flu bug and I'll tell you first hand how scary it is to think "what if the baby catches it?"

I've been quarantined in my own home for the past few days as if it was H1N1.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mazdabetty View Post
    May not see it now but suddenly down the road you may change your mind.

Kids are not for everyone and I totally understand why some people/couples prefer not to have them.

Having a kid is a life changer that I'm sure all Dads and Moms will agree.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Makes you wonder why people even post in this thread to begin with.

Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    I felt the same way when I babysat my sister's baby a couple of years ago. She expected me to have some bonding time with him but I said I didn't really enjoy it and she was pissed. Lol. But seriously it's totally different when they are your own kids. I can't wait to get home from work and hold her and see her smile.
    I couldn't agree more. Seeing my daughter at the end of the day is best part of my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    It's flu season. And this year is especially bad.

BE SURE TO PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!

I caught the flu bug and I'll tell you first hand how scary it is to think "what if the baby catches it?"

I've been quarantined in my own home for the past few days as if it was H1N1.
    lol, so true

Quote Originally Posted by SonicBoy View Post
    May not see it now but suddenly down the road you may change your mind.

Kids are not for everyone and I totally understand why some people/couples prefer not to have them.

Having a kid is a life changer that I'm sure all Dads and Moms will agree.
    it certainly does. For me it was for the better.

Ride
    1990 Porsche 911 C4
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome pics - all the best to everyone (with and without kids!).

That was two years ago already...
    MSMITCH 1990 Porsche 911 Carrera 4
    Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital - Open 24 hours - 416-247-VETS (8387)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

tell me more about the trunk bench

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Thanked 6,154 Times in 3,173 Posts
    Mentioned
    881 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My wife and I have decided not to have children. However, after watching my 5 nieces grow up, I am consistently amazed and floored at how cute and adorable kids are and how neat it is to watch them grow and learn.

Tons of great kids in this thread! Props to all those who have taken on the role of parents. I see what my brother goes through on a daily basis and I have so much more respect for him now. Well done all!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What can I say the kid has great taste... A spinning image of myself when I was that age.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast