Thread: Bought a navigation head unit from Cartoy.ca , having problems..

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Bought a navigation head unit from Cartoy.ca , having problems..

I couldn't wait much longer for the group buy for the eonon so I decided to jump the gun. I picked up a Mazda 3 2010+ HU yesterday at cartoy in store and did the install myself and everything worked fine up until I turned off the ignition. This unit from cartoy looks like its running the same UI from the Eonon D5102. All the menu's look the same, including the remote and manual.

Problem:

The iGo Primo software loads fine, but I get a "autodetecting gps reciever", and it goes on forever.

I tried different navigation softwares and the same problem occurs. For some reason, the navigation would start working again after the car is shut off for the night, or if i disconnect the head unit and let it sit for half and hour or so...

I tried editing the sys.txt file to include the com and baud rate, but it doesn't help either. I called cartoy yesterday and he said he has never heard of such a problem and that I needed to talk to a tech. I think this unit has a faulty gps reciever inside.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this and has fixed it somehow?
    Last edited by nguy3nha; 01-19-2013 at 04:50 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Bought a navigation head unit from Cartoy.ca , having problems..

Does it come with the actual GPS antennae that you leave under the windshield?

CarToy GPS has problems from various people with finding the GPS satellites, probably due to insufficient extended antennae.

Bring it back in and show them.
    Don't call and don't tell them that you tried to edit a system file or they'll blame it on you.
    If they tell you they don't know the problem then get your money back, I'm assuming they get their shipments from China so the techs would probably be calling the other techs there.

To be honest, these decks aren't up to par with the other decks out there. It's really laggy (I've tested it before). Sometimes you end up with dead pixels, the dash won't detect your touch anymore and it goes on. There's only 2 main things I look for in these dash systems; reliability of gps and it's software, and sound quality.

I don't know how much you got it for but Future Shop has an amazing deal for the AVIC 940BT (which is the one I use) for $599. Only $200 more than the deck you'rehttp://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/produ...adc1740c96en02
    Click to enlarge!

www.leenguyen.ca

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its not a reception problem. Its a problem with the internal gps hardware thats is causing this problem. I sent them an email already listing all my troubleshoot methods including modifying the sys.txt file on the sd card where the navigation software is. But that wouldnt matter since its not the actual system file in the head unit being modified. I believe you cant modify the windows ce system side since its locked.
    Last edited by nguy3nha; 01-19-2013 at 06:05 PM.

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good luck with your emails, I suggest going there and dealing with them in person. Call and set an appointment before going.

I have removed quite a few of these after people are fed up with them and would like something else installed. They usually bring in a Pioneer or Kenwood.

It's one of those times where you get what you pay for.
    I can't believe with the amount of units that they sell that they haven't fixed the issues or is it that people don't care about issues when they get something cheap?
    Very laggy though.
    Phone: 647-439-4485

AUDIO | SECURITY | ACCESSORIES | HID & LED LIGHTING | VIDEO & MULTIMEDIA | ELECTRICAL DIAGNOSIS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When my replacement stops working, I'll be getting a pioneer double din unit.. hey lockdown, could you retain some of the steering wheel controls with the pionner unit?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nguy3nha View Post
    When my replacement stops working, I'll be getting a pioneer double din unit.. hey lockdown, could you retain some of the steering wheel controls with the pionner unit?
    There is a wiring harness that takes care of that. I have a pioneer unit and have full steering wheel controls. I'm sure lockdown would know which one to use.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by peterm15 View Post
    There is a wiring harness that takes care of that. I have a pioneer unit and have full steering wheel controls. I'm sure lockdown would know which one to use.
    i heard the one from Metra is one of the better ones and features automatic programming. I believe its called Axxcess or something like that.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trulankan View Post
    i heard the one from Metra is one of the better ones and features automatic programming. I believe its called Axxcess or something like that.
    Couldn't tell you. Dave2010gt had mine wired and ready to go when I picked it up. He also installed it for me.

Sponsor
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nguy3nha View Post
    Yes you can. There is a steering wheel control module that we can use. Give me a call and we can discuss what you would like to do and when, and we will make it happen for you.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lockdown View Post
    Yes you can. There is a steering wheel control module that we can use. Give me a call and we can discuss what you would like to do and when, and we will make it happen for you.
    will do. Thanks