Hey guys...

Hopefully enough of you remember me here to not immediately jump to the conclusion that I'm a moron and let loose with the flame war.

In the end, I think you'll all get a kick out of this and if it works, I'm sure there's a lot of people who drop by here who will be interested.

We've all had a good laugh every time someone comes along trying to hawk some new electric turbo kit, and we've seen plenty of noobs burned at the stake for asking whether they should put one on their cars either on this forum or countless other ones.

For years now, I've been the premier source on the Internet (Google it!) for information on why you should avoid this crap and how the scams work.

Well... something might have changed! Or maybe not. To be fair, I don't know yet, but there's a guy working on a kit that actually seems promising and he's sending a unit out to me for testing. I'll be writing about it as I go through the steps, so drop by my site and have a gander if you're interested. Depending on the interest, I'll might transfer the updates to my blog to open up comments to the world.

http://www.wildweasel.ca/HowTo/Auto/eTurbo.aspx

Note that I'm going to be testing it on my Sunfire rather than the Mazdaspeed3 for a few reasons, firstly that if something goes horribly wrong it won't be much of a loss.

So stay tuned. The end result is going to either be quite informative, or very amusing.