Thread: Front Map Light, Burnt out wiring

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Front Map Light, Burnt out wiring

Hi guys, the other day I noticed that one of my front map lights wasn't working. Then the next day on the other LED bulbs some of the little yellow LEDs weren't working. So I took out the map light to take a look at it, and I noticed the little wiring bits connecting inside had burnt right out. Would anyone know why that is ?
    Could some one possibly post a pic showing me which ones to solder back together because i tried to solder some of them and when i connected it back to check if it was working, i blew a fuse.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Front Map Light, Burnt out wiring

leds are fairly cheap on ebay, i suggest you pick up some new ones as opposed to trying to fix the leds.

the leds are usually not the best quality and soldered haphazardly, it might just have burnt out over to time.
    2008.5 Mazda3 Black Mica GS Sedan- Injen RD6061 CAI - Koni Yellows - Eibach Prokits - SPC Rear Camber Kit - Tenzo Type M 18x8 Powdercoated Bronze - Yokohama S.Drives 225/40/18 - Rolled Fenders - Rear Flares - Gforce Strut Bar - Prolumen 6000K - 3000k HID Fogs - Speedline Wide Angle Blue/LED Side Mirrors - LED Interior - Eyelids - LED 3rd Brake Light/Sidemarkers - LED Reflectors -LED Footwell/Trunk/Cup Holder Lighting - Solar Guard 28% Tints All Round - VG Sharkfin - Borla Catback - 07+ GS Lip - Eyelids - Sideskirt Extensions - Aluminium Pedals - Sickspeed Horns - Kenwood - Alpine - SPL -

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Front Map Light, Burnt out wiring

Quote Originally Posted by omalak View Post
    leds are fairly cheap on ebay, i suggest you pick up some new ones as opposed to trying to fix the leds.

the leds are usually not the best quality and soldered haphazardly, it might just have burnt out over to time.
    sorry man i think i messed up , I meant i needed an image of the fixture where you plug the LEDs into. As in the the whole map light fixture from the hidden side.