Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jaimie08mazda3's 08 GS

Thanks
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Jaimie08mazda3's 08 GS

lol, well lowering it made a huge difference in the way it looks. looks good, keep on truckin!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jaimie08mazda3 View Post
    Thanks man! Transmission and clutch are next up to be fixed! Found a buddy whose gonna find me a clutch and tranny with warranty and install for 1k all said and done! . Annnd maybe an interior overhaul... Annnd both fenders need to be replaced. I need to make more money haha.
    Insanely jealous on that price

Thanks
    Thanked 1,005 Times in 740 Posts
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Thanks AJ I'm trying! Just doing things I can do. I have been thinking about wrapping the hood, roof and trunk seeing as I'm getting rust on the roof and hood haha. And yea man it was a really good deal. My buddy is starting his own shop so it worked out in my favor!
    They say I'm an addict but I don't have a problem with alcohol or drugs. I'm an addict because I can't live without bass. Car audio is my addiction. And it will never change.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well I haven't updated this in a while so let's get started. So I picked up these leather seats out of an 04 Mazda3 for $75 bucks ($70 cuz I found $5 under them ). Love them although they aren't too comfortable in the heat lol
    Out with the old in with the new!

Thennn I decided hey I think I wanna change my sub. I loved my 2 12"s but missed the sound of 10"s. So I went and picked up this JL 10W7 for 200 bucks. Box sucks but still for 200 I cannot complain

Then the major repair came into play. As some of you know I've been dealing with transmission issues. For the last year or so I haven't been able to shift to 2nd gear as it always popped out. Well I finally got the transmission for it (80k on it for 350) and trekked out to Newtonville to do so. But I got way more then I bargained for. I also found out my drivers side CV shaft was toast. Luckily the scrapyard had a new one out of a Mazda6 and it cost me $40 so I was happy with that. All said and done 400 bucks and a 16 hour day and the transmission is done. Never again will I attempt it though. Here are a few pics.

Don't have one of the install of the new transmission as it was a pain in the ass and my phone was dead lol. And finally a couple of shots taken from the Bubba Q... Or well I guess the end of it lol.

Ride
    E92 335i
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,430 Posts
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I truly admire how you have the "go-getter" mentality of finding parts at the scrapyard and swapping them in yourself. Cars has a lot of work done to it, and it looks great. Definitely a satisfying feeling eh. Was nice to finally meet you yesterday.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FD22 View Post
    I truly admire how you have the "go-getter" mentality of finding parts at the scrapyard and swapping them in yourself. Cars has a lot of work done to it, and it looks great. Definitely a satisfying feeling eh. Was nice to finally meet you yesterday.
    Thanks bro that means a lot. I've always loved going to the scrapyard and finding whatever I could. Its a good feeling to do all the work yourself and feel proud of what you've accomplished and I feel like in the last 2+ years I've accomplished a whole lot. Taken a lot of work, a lot of swearing at it, breaking shit, trial and error and money lol. In the end I look at how much I've saved learning how to do things to it, and going to the wreckers and the 05 GS sedan that has been the parts car in the wreckers haha. It lives on loll. Its very satisfying everyday I look at my car and smile knowing I got it this way! From when I first bought it to where it is now is amazing! to
    And same with you bro! Was good chatting for a while with everyone for a while. Love the stance of your car man. Just sits so perfectly. Now to get them holes plugged haha.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Soo as I posted in the what did you do to your car I figure I'd show how it all went. Somebody might wanna do a build for a decent price and have a nice clean trunk. Anyhow so this is how it started. As some of you know I got this JL10W7. It was cheap but came in this shitty box (at least it was ported) but I wanted the high output box. So I found one on Kijiji that came with the sub so I ended up selling it for the amp that is running the speakers. Anyway here is how it went:

The sad thing is that box actually wasn't bad for what it was. Just looked liked shit. But wasn't what I wanted. And so I cleared out the entire trunk (left the carpet in as it was already ratty from a trunk leak I had)
    Vacuumed and removed everything. So then I had to set up all the wires to go to the trunk from the deck (now there are no speaker wires going to the deck itself) and had to hide them all so I went through the plastic door trim. Then my buddy cut 2 pieces of 3/4" MDF wood and cut the one piece to fit the trunk to perfection. Did a fantastic job too
    While he was doing that I switched out my sub to the High Output box. This sub is massive. Must weigh like 50lbs at least
    Then it goes into a nice home for the rest of its life.
    So after all this we get the amp rack ready. We made 2 amp brackets at work last week and painted them and then screwed it into a 13" piece of 3/4" MDF wood. We put the 300/2 channel on the left side and the 1500W 2 channel on the right and have the Cap in front of it screwed into the MDF wood.
    So we got the amps set up and they sound great. Now all that was left was to put the sub in. This thing is heavy too. Ended up being almost 100lbs by the end of it. Took both of us to get it in but we did and then we mounted it as well. The final product
    All in all sounds amazing and clean and I think I am officially done with my stereo... Maybe.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well it's been about a year since I've updated it. Or damn close to. But since that's happened it hasn't gone through too much exterior modifications. So far anyway.

But as for the stereo apparently I was wrong and I am far from done with this stereo haha.

So it started with the ex and I breaking up and I got depressed so I decided to build the stereo because it was and always has been the one thing that will always make me happy. So here's the new journey:

Bought this just after Boxing Day. Probably the most sketchiest day I've ever had in Toronto. Went down a condo building parking garage with this 25 year old massive hockey player guy. Go all the way down to the lowest floor to his storage locker. And his buddy shows up all of the sudden when we park and get out of the car. And then we all go into the storage unit where he said he had the Alpine Ina 900WBT, a set of 12" Type Es in a Bassworx box and an alpine Mrp-650. But he couldn't find it and I had $600 on me so I'm kinda like ohh here we go I'm getting robbed. And buddy goes to his truck that he parks down there and then his friend comes out of the storage unit saying he had found it. Turns out he did and I got everything in the car and all was fine. But in the end I paid 550 and sold the subs and amp for 300 and the deck came with a dash kit and harness for an 06-11 civic and sold that for 50 bucks. Ended up paying 200 for this deck. And it's has everything I need. CD, DVD, Navigation, Bluetooth hands free, iPod and Auxillary. I lucked right out especially it being an alpine. Always loved alpine decks. Won't go to anything else ever again.

So then came the idea I wanted more power. But I decided either I was or I wasn't going to go louder. But since my co-worker/friend/worst car audio influencer of my life (but in a good way) had this 13W7 in a ford ranger with the 1000/1 slash V1 anniversary edition on it. And he sound deaden his entire trunk. And it was insane in that little truck and he decided to downsize to a smaller W7. So I decided screw it and paid the 700 for sub and ported box he built himself and sound deadened it inside the box. And then I trade him the 10W7 In the red eye box and a JX 1000/1 for the slash amp. Which I technically really paid 200 for them because of previous stuff I've had and sold and such. So it was well worth it to me. Not to mention the slash will run 1000rms at 1.5 to 4ohm whereas the JX will run 1000 at 2 ohm but 750rms at 4 ohm and the W7 is a dual voice coil. And it's also what JL recommends for that sub as well. Anyway I set it up and honestly it's blown my mind. I didn't need SPL only. I wanted clean hard hitting bass. And I damn well got it. Once I did the 1/0 into a distribution block which goes to two 4 Ga wire (for the 1000/1 and the 300/2 slash V1 anniversary edition I have for my door speakers) it was just incredible. Then came the Focals and the C2s. Had a set of RE XXX6.5s components in the front and Clarion SRC 2638 6x8 co axles in the rear. I ended up swapping the clarions to Mitchell for the C2s and I also taught him to drive a standard. And he didn't kill it either! But they went into the back. Then my co worker found a set of Focal PS 165s components for 295 on kijiji which was a killer deal when these speakers were worth way more then that. So I asked him would he take 250. The guy said sure and so my co worker told me how about this, since I have the RE XXX tweeters which are fantastic he could buy them for 75 bucks with the crossovers and it would cost me 175 for the components. So I said deal. I went to Mississauga for them And met this middle aged guy with two kids who decided not to put them in his Audi with the rest of his stereo. He was sad to see them go. But I guess life happens and so I got these and replaced the XXXs I still would like to add them into the door but I need a day to custom fit them in the door. I think both could fit if I Made a bracket. I've worked hard for this. Quality over quantity any day of the week. Everyone does have a passion and I've found this. Not a cheap addiction but it's a life saver and it's been something that shows me that things can be great when you take the time to build it and keep at it no matter one. Although one day I'll be going deaf for sure.

As for the Mazda. She keeps on going. I love this little car. She's been the one girl who never let me down. And she's turned out nicely from how she used to look. 296k on her and no engine issues. In fact the only issues that I didn't cause by driving the shit out of it for years was the rear flex lines. I've replaced things but it keeps starting everytime I turn the key. Although there are many rattles I keep trying to fix lol. I call her low slow and loud. But her name is Veronica. And especially with how clean she is looking she always has me smiling and people stare. But that's also from the stereo lol. But this car has gone through a lot and I appreciate it for everything it goes through.

I know this was a bit long and kinda sappy but you know what my mazda3 has taught me a lot and met me many people like all of you and learn why I love cars and the work I always do put in what I love I guess. And a crazy journey. And met many great car people who have taught me many things. In the end it's always the little things in life that make the biggest difference.

I like to shares stories too sometimes lol. But you'll a know that if you've met me lol. Anyway into pictures

Jaimie08mazda3!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks proper man , think i might have seen you downtown toronto sometime.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MAZDArati View Post
    looks proper man , think i might have seen you downtown toronto sometime.
    Thanks bro I appreciate it. It's always a constant work in progress. And maybe once or twice. I try to avoid Toronto but sometimes it's inevitable that I go there lol. All depends.

Ride
    E92 335i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to FD22 For This Useful Post:

jaimie08mazda3 (08-03-2015)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I keep messing around with the different settings on my phone and different apps so I figure rather then trolling everyone else's threads I'll troll my own. Mostly just fixing things over the last few months but replaced the lower grille and the DRLs.

I can't wait to build it this winter!!

Ride
    E92 335i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That moment a bird flies through a super clean window, but it isn't a bird..

Ride
    E92 335i
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1008 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

INB4 (more) rust

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well boys and girls after a long 9.5 years with the Mazda and many drives and meets and random coffee meet ups and
    Events I've decided to retire the Mazda and buy a family vehicle that still suits my need and fits my wants for a vehicle. 2009 Subaru Forester 2.5 Touring 5spd AWD with 157k on it. Less then half of what the Mazda is at (327650) and I can fit the stereo, the baby, dog, stroller, groceries and @blackbetty_3 and I no problem. It will have the TM3 plates on it too because this has been my group for a long time now and I've learned a lot met a lot of friends I still talk to today and have taught people what I've learned and helped every way I can. And I thank this little car that I've had for so long for teaching me the dos and donts of cars and stereos. Still debating on keeping the Mazda but I might do something with it if I can but for now I'll enjoy this and see what happens with the Mazda. I'll tell you after this long it would be heartbreaking to watch someone take it away but if it'll go to a good home I
    Would feel a bit better. Part of the reason a part out and scrap it would kill me because she is still in decent shape just needs
    Some suspension work, a windshield and cv shafts. And it's not going to be the best family car either especially with a husky a stroller a baby and a stereo lol. I wish Mazda SUVs came in AWD and manual.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. The Following User Says Thank You to jaimie08mazda3 For This Useful Post:

Flagrum_3 (11-26-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm really not loving the pic of the old car with me in it :p but the subbie is a beautiful car and we still have my mazda ^.^

19. The Following User Says Thank You to blackbetty_3 For This Useful Post:

Flagrum_3 (11-26-2016)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Well sheeeit I haven't updated this in a while. Soo the mazda has been gone for a looong time. And since then changes have happened. As some of you know I had an 09 Forester. It was only mine for a month until an 06 carbon grey GS rear ended it on lake shore which wrote It off. 6 months later It was for sale in Hamilton. Which kinda pissed me off.

So I got a 2013 Outback. And honestly I hate it with a passion. She's a piece of junk that continues to cause issues and just overall depresses me. So with that Amber has a 2008 Mazda3 GT that she bought after her 2010 was written off. Well when the whole first debacle with the Outback I got fed up and started dailying the Mazda. Which I am still currently doing a year and a half later. Funny enough the car had a 2.3 at some point in its life and someone swapped it out with a 2.0. And I wasn't even mad when I learnt this . And I fell in love with it. It needs work. I need to fix some things. Lower it, get the exhaust, stereo among many other things done. But I'm happy. It seemed inevitable I was gonna go back to one. Sooo here she is.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12