Ride
    Detaling Van
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Review: HD Polish by Hamza7

I recently received a 16oz bottle of HD Polish from the team at HD for a review. There offer really is too good to refuse, I would like now provide my 100% honest review of the product.

Some of the first things I liked about the product was the bottle itself, it felt good in your hands, it had a self cleaning top and the labeling was attractive. Not like the old beige boring labels of Meguiars or the odd shaped bottles of my current favourite Scholls Concept polishes. Here's a picture of bottle in my Pinnacle polishing bag.

Classy....

The second thing I liked about this product is how little you have to use, a first I was getting a lot of dusting with this product. I quickly contacted a person I knew who would be able to help David Fermani to ask for some advice. It seems I was using too little product for working outdoors, I was not suppose to use water to extend the life or the product and my working times were too long. I changed my pad and tried again and his advice worked (Like it usually does )

So this product would be going up against my current favourite the Scholls S17+ polish, I get this polish shipped to my house for around $55. I can get the HD Polish to my house for around $40 but I find I use less S17 then HD Polish per panel so it goes further. Both actually look the same but have their own unique scents, which I actually don't like because sometimes I get tired or put off by them when I use them too much.

They both wipe off with ease and have the same cut/gloss factor. The thing that makes HD Polish a little superior is I can use it in direct sunlight which I have to do sometimes. Here is how I tested it today

Left side is polished in a low humidity, hot panel @~ 26 deg. C. -> 79 deg. F

It worked just like in the shade and the cycle wasn't short either which I liked.

This panel had some wash marring on top of the opti coat, HD Polish was used to reduce it.

As you can see the gloss was increased in the process which is always a positive.

Here is the final pictures in case you wanted to see the end product. Pictures taken with iPhone 4S

Customer was really ecstatic as he said the glow was "awesome"

Things that would make me buy this product again, honestly speaking.

In today's world there hundreds of brands to choose from and changing lines is very difficult especially when your already experienced with something but I now find it rarely matter for me that the actual product has to be good. I mean there has to be quite the variation for me to pick it up and say this is now my go to product.

For one it's the small thing like I mentioned with the bottle itself, it's annoying and time consuming that I have to extract my bottle into meguiars style self cleaning bottles just because the shape of the bottle is odd with other brands or I don't like the colour scheme. This bottle is ready to go.

Secondly it's the support system, I can contact Barry or David with ease. This is important for me, also other friends that use this product regularly. You won't find many Scholls users in North America so the support is greater for HD Polish.

So would I recommend HD Polish? Yes I would but I won't get any until I finish off everything else.
    Get Detailed. 50 Doncaster Ave., Unit #9, Thornhill, ON. www.getdetailed.ca 6478870132
    Car Cleaning & Detailing.
    Ceramic Pro Certified.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Review: HD Polish by Hamza7

Good review. Personally if I ever ran into this in a store I would just ignore it because everything I see the letters "HD" together I instantly thing 'shit product trying to prey on how clueless folk think everything named HD means its better'
    Canada gave us rust and DRL. Thanks for nothing Canada!

Sponsor - Elevated Car Care
    Ride
    Detaling Van
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cab0oze View Post
    Good review. Personally if I ever ran into this in a store I would just ignore it because everything I see the letters "HD" together I instantly thing 'shit product trying to prey on how clueless folk think everything named HD means its better'
    Yeah I thought it was corny as well, the line is called HD but the company name is 3D. I don't know which one is more corny.

Ride
    2017 Ram sport
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know its a bit late, but good review.
    2007 MS3 - Cobb AP - Cobb TI - Cobb intake - 3" catless DP - stage1 tune - Autotech hpfp - RX8 rims - weathertech mats -