Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 2372

Thread: TM3 Home Owners Association

  1. #51
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    51
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Quote Originally Posted by SilentJay View Post
    You've already lost me... lol
    You can also get some from the dollar store or costco. I went with the dollar store one as it came in smaller rolls and its working pretty well so far (almost 6 weeks).

  2. #52
    Sr Member SilentJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,322
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 67 Times in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Pretty much completely excavated - That tiller is an absolute life saver. Sore as a mofo, but that part of the pain is done!

    Now to actually source some HPB stones somewhere...

  3. #53
    Sr Member Noisy Crow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    4,123
    Thanks
    3
    Thanked 38 Times in 30 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Well, I am full aches and pains right now!

    Just put down about 150 sq ft of laminate flooring, and still have 175 sq ft to go,. On top of laying the laminate there was ripping out the old carpet and that is only half done as well. And then there will trim.. more climbing and bending...ow, ow, ow.

    My advice to all of you: getting older sucks!
    2008 Carbon Gray GT Sedan 5 Speed

  4. #54
    Sr Member Default User's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 869 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Going to quote myself because ...well... I feel for you guys LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    BTW - Aleve works great on aching muscles and back pains.
    I finally finished setting up my sons bedroom. Wall mounted TV - set to treehouse....New crib set up, new canopy hung and home made wonder bumpers (aka pipe insulation) which saved me about $180

    Also started to tackle cleaning out the garage as it magically became a disposal room during the renos. Cut up about 50 lbs of cardboard boxes, grouped all the scrap hardwood, baseboard, and shoe mouldings, tiles, etc. and stored them for future emergancy repairs.

    Then I found the previous owners left me some old tools, drill bits and a torque wrench

  5. #55
    Sr Member Default User's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 869 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post

    "Buy a chandelier" they said...
    ..."it will look beautiful" they said


    Open the box to see this:



    Gotta hang every glass piece ONE BY ONE FAAAACCKKKKKK
    DONE


    I gotta admit...it sure does shine all purty, though.
    Last edited by Default User; 09-02-2013 at 10:06 PM.

  6. #56
    the "grammer" police m_bisson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Kitchener
    Ride
    RAM 1500 - 2017
    Posts
    3,079
    Thanks
    606
    Thanked 472 Times in 317 Posts
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    lol wow... too tacky... that belongs in the 80s :p

  7. #57
    Sr Member Default User's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 869 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    LOL- but a happy wife = happy life ... Timeless

  8. #58
    Jr Member rajin929's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Brampton
    Posts
    909
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 69 Times in 52 Posts
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    i like it. with the grey walls looks very comtemporary and chic.
    2007 Mazda 3 GS sedan - Arctic White / Tan cloth

  9. #59
    Sr Member Flagrum_3's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    6,111
    Thanks
    327
    Thanked 311 Times in 247 Posts
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Quote Originally Posted by Noisy Crow View Post
    Well, I am full aches and pains right now!

    Just put down about 150 sq ft of laminate flooring, and still have 175 sq ft to go,. On top of laying the laminate there was ripping out the old carpet and that is only half done as well. And then there will trim.. more climbing and bending...ow, ow, ow.

    My advice to all of you: getting older sucks!
    I know your pain bro!, just did my condo; Had to rip out the old carpet and vinyl tile and installed engineered hardwood (including under-padding) and tiled the entrance and kitchen with porcelain tiles- 890 sq. ft. in total. Still need to do the qtr. rounds though....giving my knees a break.

    _3

  10. #60
    G-Pimp aZuMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maple
    Ride
    2015 Subaru WRX Sport
    Posts
    3,165
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 150 Times in 61 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Looking good Eric. We're done with the reno too. Just have to put up before and after pics and buy furniture.
    His: 2015 Subaru WRX Sport Tech - Rally Armour - Eibach - 10fintec - CS Style lip - Cobb - Enkei - Yokohama
    Hers: 2017 Subaru Forester Limited 2.5L

    aZumi @ SSR website
    aZumi @ Cobb website

    ColourFX Photography

  11. #61
    Sr Member Default User's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 869 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Quote Originally Posted by rajin929 View Post
    i like it. with the grey walls looks very comtemporary and chic.
    Thanks. My only concern is if the current style becomes outdated - and I'll have to remodel all over again

    Quote Originally Posted by Flagrum_3 View Post
    I know your pain bro!, just did my condo; Had to rip out the old carpet and vinyl tile and installed engineered hardwood (including under-padding) and tiled the entrance and kitchen with porcelain tiles- 890 sq. ft. in total. Still need to do the qtr. rounds though....giving my knees a break.

    _3
    Flooring is a PITA.

    I went with the squarer shoe moulds rather than the quarter rounds. I found it matched the 5" baseboards nicer

    Quote Originally Posted by aZuMi View Post
    Looking good Eric. We're done with the reno too. Just have to put up before and after pics and buy furniture.
    Thanks!

    Can't wait to see the progress with your place

    Furniture shopping is fun - right up until the bill comes LOL

  12. #62
    G-Pimp aZuMi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Maple
    Ride
    2015 Subaru WRX Sport
    Posts
    3,165
    Thanks
    545
    Thanked 150 Times in 61 Posts
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    Thanks!

    Can't wait to see the progress with your place

    Furniture shopping is fun - right up until the bill comes LOL
    Yea, put it side by side with the wedding bills and it becomes freaking ridiculous, lol.
    I honestly didn't see in you that you would agree with that chandelier. hahaha

  13. #63
    Sr Member Default User's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 869 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    LOL

    The chandelier is in the "formal" dining room that I never go in anyway.

    But in all honesty - I don't mind it that much - compared to the other ones that were out there.

  14. #64
    Sr Member SirWanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    2,873
    Thanks
    567
    Thanked 1,555 Times in 750 Posts
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post
    LOL

    The chandelier is in the "formal" dining room that I never go in anyway.

    But in all honesty - I don't mind it that much - compared to the other ones that were out there.
    heh.....I hope da wife will be dusting & cleaning that chandelier

    "Without music, life would be a mistake."
    ~ Friedrich Nietzsche
    "Creativity is intelligence having fun." ~ Albert Einstein

  15. #65
    Armchair Detailer Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    1,329
    Thanked 957 Times in 627 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Mr. Trump would like that chandelier.


    In other news, I sanded, spray washed, wet sanded, washed then painted my garage door. Got the behr paint from HD.

  16. #66
    Jr Member mazdasport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Belleville
    Age
    28
    Ride
    2015 F250 XLT 4x4
    Posts
    277
    Thanks
    23
    Thanked 64 Times in 37 Posts
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    we painted our whole house windows doors garage garage doors and everything with behr paint amazing stuff covered everything amazingly fast


    Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Mr. Trump would like that chandelier.


    In other news, I sanded, spray washed, wet sanded, washed then painted my garage door. Got the behr paint from HD.

  17. #67
    Sr Member SilentJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    5,322
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 67 Times in 54 Posts
    Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Patio area dug, filled with HPB, and tamped. Now just need to summon the inner strength to lay down 40 patio slabs

  18. #68
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Age
    33
    Posts
    823
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked 64 Times in 50 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    It's been a while, but my last home improvement was update of main bath in March.

    Our house is pretty small (~1100 sq ft), so also small bathroom. The total cost was about $1300. This included removing old vinyl flooring, adding a layer of plywood, installing marble tiles, plumbing work for both toilet and vanity (including re-routing drain pipe), installing new door and trim, new toilet, vanity, faucet, and mirror. We got a cheap vanity from HD (my wife's idea)

    Before (yes we were missing a vanity door - it fell of; the baseboard trim was there I just got too excited with work ):




    After:





    Hopefully the image links work.
    Last edited by r4BBiT; 09-09-2013 at 04:09 PM.
    2010 Mazda 3 GS (daily driver)
    2008 Mercedes-Benz C230 4MATIC Sport + Premium Package (wife's car)
    1991 Honda Civic Hatchback DX (parted and wrecked)

  19. #69
    Moderator Mr Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,604
    Thanks
    1,283
    Thanked 687 Times in 374 Posts
    Mentioned
    225 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Nice work!
    0.000212524463 gigawatts

  20. #70
    Sr Member Default User's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    9,280
    Thanks
    1,202
    Thanked 1,702 Times in 869 Posts
    Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    awesome update!
    Love the curved shower rods

    Quote Originally Posted by r4BBiT View Post
    It's been a while, but my last home improvement was update of main bath in March.

    Our house is pretty small (~1100 sq ft), so also small bathroom. The total cost was about $1300. This included removing old vinyl flooring, adding a layer of plywood, installing marble tiles, plumbing work for both toilet and vanity (including re-routing drain pipe), installing new door and trim, new toilet, vanity, faucet, and mirror. We got a cheap vanity from HD (my wife's idea)

    Before (yes we were missing a vanity door - it fell of; the baseboard trim was there I just got too excited with work ):




    After:





    Hopefully the image links work.

  21. #71
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Age
    33
    Posts
    823
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked 64 Times in 50 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Thanks guys, it was a bit of work with those tiles!

  22. #72
    Armchair Detailer Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    1,329
    Thanked 957 Times in 627 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Impressive work @r4BBiT especially if you did the tilework yourself. Do anything else yourself? Or did you do everything yourself?

  23. #73
    Jr Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Waterloo, ON
    Age
    33
    Posts
    823
    Thanks
    278
    Thanked 64 Times in 50 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Jackal: I did everything myself including tiles, which took me like 8-10 hours to cut all of the pieces. Marble is 3/4" thick but can crack very easily so had to go very slowly as I had exact amount I needed (got the tiles on sale)

  24. #74
    Member mazdaspeedemon3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hamilton/St. Kitts
    Posts
    1,007
    Thanks
    47
    Thanked 27 Times in 12 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Great job @r4BBiT, did you use a wet tile saw or just the hand cutter? whats that furry thing growing on top of your toilet seat?
    Mazdaspeedemon3's Ride



    yo, i update my sig everyday with other peoples comments. son

  25. #75
    Armchair Detailer Jackal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Posts
    8,117
    Thanks
    1,329
    Thanked 957 Times in 627 Posts
    Mentioned
    131 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

    Quote Originally Posted by r4BBiT View Post
    Jackal: I did everything myself including tiles, which took me like 8-10 hours to cut all of the pieces. Marble is 3/4" thick but can crack very easily so had to go very slowly as I had exact amount I needed (got the tiles on sale)
    Wow! Great job and great savings.

Page 3 of 95 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. TM3 Motorcycle owners' list.
    By alhope34 in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-06-2012, 06:43 PM
  2. Replies: 50
    Last Post: 05-21-2012, 11:08 PM
  3. Word Association
    By howitts_done in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-24-2007, 12:10 PM
  4. Another newby migrates to new TM3 home
    By lead82 in forum New User's Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 10-18-2006, 11:53 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •