2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default TM3 Home Owners Association

Quote Originally Posted by shift8 View Post
    Good question. If fences are established then perhaps it aligns to the "standard". I've only been in new builds for fences so a minimum standard seems like it would apply.

Good point tho!
    In Aurora/Newmarket/Bradford there is no hard rule whatsoever.

If your neighbor doesn’t want to pay they won’t.

If they refuse you can build it inside your property (6 inch’s from property line) and paint it like green on your side if you like.

I just replaced a 20yr falling down fence and our neighbors were being dicks about it.

You can see that I only replaced what was important to me seeing as how they didn’t want to contribute. I replaced what was on my side of my hedge. cheap neighbors.
    Last edited by Jeff-TheBiz; 04-05-2018 at 10:57 AM.
    Damn you photobucket.....

Thanks
    Thanked 1,785 Times in 923 Posts
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: TM3 Home Owners Association

Checked with Home insurance

Covered for wind damage

$500 deductible and 15% premium hike if I make a claim. -_-

Looks like me and Ned Flanders is gonna fix that fence ourselves.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Default User View Post

15% premium hike -_-
    Fack.
    0.000212524463 gigawatts

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Mr Wilson For This Useful Post:

Default User (04-05-2018)

Ride
    2012 Porsche 911
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Covered for wind damage

Ha. Insurance was up front about 15% hike. Got mine fixed for $424/2. So it cost me $212 taxes, parts, labour included for my half. Shop it around first and ask for a free quote unless you’re really into DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Jackal For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 803 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Covered for wind damage

Plus an increase in your deductible on top of the premium hike is possible too.
    Good luck with your fence repair project.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to SirWanker For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jackal View Post
    Ha. Insurance was up front about 15% hike. Got mine fixed for $424/2. So it cost me $212 taxes, parts, labour included for my half. Shop it around first and ask for a free quote unless you’re really into DIY.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah - I got the whole “We know you pay us $$$$ a year, and you never made a claim - but we don’t want to pay up” vibe from them

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My dad said that if you agree with your neighbour to fix the fence together, don't pay for it and get paid back by the neighbour. Just get it in writing and pay your half to the company. That way the company will chase the neighbour down for the other payment.

Something like this happened to some neighbours down the street. smh, can't trust people these days.
    2010 Mazda 3 Sport - Celestial Blue

Thanks
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ oh yeah hell no.
    I don’t trust nobody with that shit. LOL

Thanks
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I am putting a fence in because I want one, why would my neighbor have to pay, if someone told me to pay for something I didn't ask for , I tell them to go pound some salt, half the issue in today's world is people expect everyone to pony up for others.

We are putting a 100' wooden fence up this year on one side, I'm not asking my neighbor for anything, because surprise, I'm the one that wants the fence. last year our neighbor took down part of a wooden fence, pretty much told us if we wanted to replace it , they would help putting it in, and we pay for it. We have dogs, they do not..so we paid, and they helped..Had we have no dogs, probably wouldn't have worried about the fence.

If you resod your lawn, do you ask your neighbor to pay for half the grass that is touching their property line?

Houses is our area are going up like crazy in price again (Brantford - also the #1 city to buy in right now apparently)
    2008 GMC Canyon Crew Cab SLE 4x4
    KICKER / ALPINE / MTX / STINGER / TSUNAMI

Thanks
    Thanked 1,156 Times in 643 Posts
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Slade View Post
    If I am putting a fence in because I want one, why would my neighbor have to pay, if someone told me to pay for something I didn't ask for , I tell them to go pound some salt, half the issue in today's world is people expect everyone to pony up for others.

We are putting a 100' wooden fence up this year on one side, I'm not asking my neighbor for anything, because surprise, I'm the one that wants the fence. last year our neighbor took down part of a wooden fence, pretty much told us if we wanted to replace it , they would help putting it in, and we pay for it. We have dogs, they do not..so we paid, and they helped..Had we have no dogs, probably wouldn't have worried about the fence.

If you resod your lawn, do you ask your neighbor to pay for half the grass that is touching their property line?

Houses is our area are going up like crazy in price again (Brantford - also the #1 city to buy in right now apparently)
    That's just not how it works though...you could tell them to pound salt all you want but you're still legally obligated to pay half the cost to some standard of fencing and they could take you to small claims over it (and they'd win).

It's no different than how you have to shovel the sidewalk in some cities and if you don't the city will charge you to have someone do it for you. It's part of living in a community with other people that share the responsibility of maintaining the neighborhood.

- 2021 Porsche Macan GTS -
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

Ride
    RAM 1500 - 2017
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    That's just not how it works though...you could tell them to pound salt all you want but you're still legally obligated to pay half the cost to some standard of fencing and they could take you to small claims over it (and they'd win).

It's no different than how you have to shovel the sidewalk in some cities and if you don't the city will charge you to have someone do it for you. It's part of living in a community with other people that share the responsibility of maintaining the neighborhood.
    That's not true in kitchener, at least.

You have no legal obligation to pay for any fencing at all.
    Last edited by m_bisson; 04-29-2018 at 09:11 AM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey everyone... so our washer broke and we decided to buy a new washer/dryer combo. Does anyone have recommendations for brands and whether we should go top load/front load? We need it ASAP and we’re getting overwhelmed with the amount of bad experiences posted online about all brands... looking for something that’s good quality and reliable. Any help is appreciated!

Oh and I believe @SomeGuy is right. You are legally obligated to pay for half of a chain link fence. Read on another forum that homeowners were required to do so and I think it’s because the courts determined that you benefit from the fence going up so a chain link fence is the minimum you’re responsible for.

Ride
    RAM 1500 - 2017
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jenuine View Post
    Hey everyone... so our washer broke and we decided to buy a new washer/dryer combo. Does anyone have recommendations for brands and whether we should go top load/front load? We need it ASAP and we’re getting overwhelmed with the amount of bad experiences posted online about all brands... looking for something that’s good quality and reliable. Any help is appreciated!

Oh and I believe @SomeGuy is right. You are legally obligated to pay for half of a chain link fence. Read on another forum that homeowners were required to do so and I think it’s because the courts determined that you benefit from the fence going up so a chain link fence is the minimum you’re responsible for.
    I used to have a subscription to consumer reports. Basically, stay away from anything and everything Samsung. Also, stay away from high-efficiency top load washers. They don't use enough water and you may have a hard time with larger loads of laundry.

So, front load, not Samsung.... And basically dryers are all going to use lots of energy, so focus more on finding your dream washer and get whatever dryer you want. Just make sure your dryer capacity is 2 cubic feet bigger than whatever washer you get. Or just buy a matching pair.

Also, after having a steam washer and steam dryer, the steam dryers are fairly useless. I wouldn't pay extra for it again. The steam washer, however, is quite nice since we have a few pets. The steam will kill a lot of tiny creepy crawlies, allergens, etc.

Specifically, we have the LG 3770 washer and matching dryer. 4 years and zero issues.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to m_bisson For This Useful Post:

Jenuine (04-29-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
    I used to have a subscription to consumer reports. Basically, stay away from anything and everything Samsung. Also, stay away from high-efficiency top load washers. They don't use enough water and you may have a hard time with larger loads of laundry.

So, front load, not Samsung.... And basically dryers are all going to use lots of energy, so focus more on finding your dream washer and get whatever dryer you want. Just make sure your dryer capacity is 2 cubic feet bigger than whatever washer you get. Or just buy a matching pair.

Also, after having a steam washer and steam dryer, the steam dryers are fairly useless. I wouldn't pay extra for it again. The steam washer, however, is quite nice since we have a few pets. The steam will kill a lot of tiny creepy crawlies, allergens, etc.

Specifically, we have the LG 3770 washer and matching dryer. 4 years and zero issues.
    Thank you!

I’ve been hearing that front load washers require more maintenance and have issues with mold, is it true at all?

We also realized that there isn’t enough space between the furnace and wall to fit a washer or dryer through. The previous owners built the wall after getting the appliances in and didn’t account for space, and it didn’t occur to us to measure the space before we bought. Sigh. Is our only option to knock down the wall?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have new LG front load machines, mid-high end versions...2 and a half years so far with zero maintenance or issues. Just leave the door open on the washer to keep it from getting moldy.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We have new LG front load machines, mid-high end versions...2 and a half years so far with zero maintenance or issues. Just leave the door open on the washer to keep it from getting moldy.
    Thanks, good to know.

Currently eyeing the LG WM3770HVA & DLEX3570V. @m_bisson, is this the washer you have?

Ride
    RAM 1500 - 2017
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yep, those are the ones.

Also, buy the Affresh tablets and use them for the "clean" cycle once every 2-3 months. It'll get rid of any mould and soap buildup.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    70 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by m_bisson View Post
    Yep, those are the ones.

Also, buy the Affresh tablets and use them for the "clean" cycle once every 2-3 months. It'll get rid of any mould and soap buildup.
    Thanks! Ordered this set today and will get it next week. Luckily Home Depot price matched, took $1000 off their retail price so we got a decent deal.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Jenuine For This Useful Post:

m_bisson (04-29-2018)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    227 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This. A thousand times this.

25. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Mr Wilson For This Useful Post:

Kiewan (04-30-2018),SirWanker (04-30-2018),SomeGuy (04-30-2018)

Thanks
    Thanked 1,620 Times in 803 Posts
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Late to the party but I had no issues with my Samsung Washer(WF448AAP)/Dryer(DV448AEP) combo for the past 7 years.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone deal with weeds/grass/other vegetation growing through interlock?
    I spent hours last year scraping out vegetation and then refilling the interlock. Damn plants showed up already, so quickly.

any tips on how to deal with them? Ideally would like a long-term solution where vegetation can't grow back anymore.

thx in advance

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KL3 View Post
    I spent hours last year scraping out vegetation and then refilling the interlock. Damn plants showed up already, so quickly.

any tips on how to deal with them? Ideally would like a long-term solution where vegetation can't grow back anymore.

thx in advance
    Vinegar in a spray bottle will kill it... that’s what I use
    ​A lion would never cheat on his wife, but a Tiger Wood.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KL3 View Post

thx in advance
    Round Up and then Polymeric Sand

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we had the garage floor done. they used the diamond grinder on the floor and sides. then sealed all the cracks and painted. chipped. clear and used silica quartz traction for grip.

i think over the summer im just going to put square baseboard in finish it up a bit and next year when we get a new entry door and garage door ill trim the door in. but very happy with the final product. no way anyone will fall in there there is so much grip
    Last edited by Booter22; 05-10-2018 at 09:42 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lmmorden View Post
    Costco = good cheap solution
    Just go to automotive and ask to see their nuts
    It's like a buck a nut

31. The Following User Says Thank You to Booter22 For This Useful Post:

SirWanker (05-10-2018)

Sr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    129 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)