Thread: Need a DIY guide to remove rear deck and door panel

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Need a DIY guide to remove rear deck and door panel

I just installed a 12" subwoofer in a ported box in the trunk of my 2007 Mazda 3 sedan. I noticed there was a lot rattle coming from the plastic rear deck vibrating on the metal trunk cover behind the rear seats. I had dynomat installed but the rattling is still there. I was just wondering if anyone knew of a good DIY guide for removing the plastic piece because im done with giving my money to other people to do it.
    I've also been noticing some rattling coming from the front door panels and would like a DIY guide for removing these too so I can do some investigating. If anyone could throw one of these together or direct me to where I could find one that would be great.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Need a DIY guide to remove rear deck and door panel

For the rear... I know you'll need to fold the seats down and remove the plastic trim on both sides of the seats (they have little clips that you can loosen with a slim screwdriver by plying the MIDDLE circle up, and then pulling the outer circle out)... You'll also probably have to remove the A pillars on both sides as well (on the sides of the windows). I have no experience beyond that, as I've never gone as far as removing that piece under the rear window. But it should be pretty straight forward if you keep track of the order you took them out, so you can put it all back.

To do the doors, you will need to look for 2 screws... one is behind the door handle (the one you use to close the door), and the other is behind the latch to open the door. You'll need to pry the screw covers off with a small screw driver/knife to see the screws. Then pull the door panel straight away from the door, starting with the side closest to the car (theres a spot you can get your fingers in to remove it, next to where the wires go through to the car). It will be tough to get the door started, but don't be afraid to give it some muscle. Work your way around the door going along the bottom, and then 'lift' the door panel out of the grove where it sits against the window. You'll need to remove a couple cables connected to the door panel... (The driver door will have an extra connector to remove).

Putting it back together is the exact reverse. Make sure you get the connectors back on when putting everything together.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Better yet...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome thanks for the reply! I pulled the side panels back and removed the A pillars and then after that it was pretty easy. There were a few clips on the bottom of the plastic deck that could just be knocked out from the inside of the trunk and then it lifted straight up and out with a little encouragement. Tried to add a bunch more foam tape along with the Dynomat but theres still more rattling then I'd like. I think at this point its as good as it's gonna get, I guess its just an occupational hazard with that much air pressure moving around in there