Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any Cold Air Intakes yet?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Any Cold Air Intakes yet?\'

i never bought an intake before but does anybody know if the prices go down after the car gets older or after a while after it comes out? cuz im thinkin if i wait after winter will the price go down?
    Andrew - wa wa wee wa

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Any Co

I\'d like to get an Injen intake (AutoExe intake is way too expensive, don\'t like the look of the AEM) but I heard CEL problems are common with them?

Also, what happens to the warranty if there\'s an intake? I\'ve seen some Mazda dealers selling intakes themselves at the parts dept. Maybe FLIPSPEED can answer this.

Ride
    Subaru BRZ
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Usually intakes get cheaper when there are more companies that carry that application. As far as warranty purposes go the CEL light would only go on if the sensor came loose from the pipe. I heard Injen was having problems with the spot on the pipe where the sensor fits in.

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by FLIPSPEED

Usually intakes get cheaper when there are more companies that carry that application. As far as warranty purposes go the CEL light would only go on if the sensor came loose from the pipe. I heard Injen was having problems with the spot on the pipe where the sensor fits in.
    i don\'t know how sensitive the mazda MAFs (Mass AirFlow sensor) are but i can tell you my experience with a Nissan MAF and an aftermarket intake:

be VERY careful removing the wire assembly..the nissan one was hella sensitive to hard knocks and such (it was attached to a tube)..also, oil from aftermarket cotton-gauze filters CAN coat the MAF wire. this will affect the reading the MAF gives to the ECU. one way to clean it is to use aerosol Contact Cleaner (available at Radioscrap) and let it dry fully before putting it back on the car.

as with all things electrical, disconnect the negative battery cable before unplugging the MAF connector.

i had managed to blow the MAF on my maxima when i put back on the intake (5 months after i cleaned the K&N filter...so you\'d think it had enough time to dry) ..i did not clean the MAF or anything prior to putting the aftermarket intake back on. needless to say, i went WOT, the car hit 5000rpm in 2nd gear then immediately died on hwy 7!! luckily i was able to coast safely to the side of the langstaff turn off. in the end it cost me $115 to get a new MAF (THANK GOD the price went down from $600 a few months earlier).

a dirty MAF will throw a CEL (since the readings will be off)....a MAF in a tube bigger than the original may throw a CEL...a blown MAF will put the car into safe-mode and you won\'t be able to rev past a pre-determined RPM (in the case of the maxima, it was 2200rpm)

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

any news fo the GB?
    From Mazda 3 to Honda Fit to none!!!!

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

wow the exhaust sounds nice...

2005 BMW X3 3.0i
    Peter

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Any Co

Originally posted by RedRaptor

Mods Mods Mods.

Yonge Street & Lawrence at about 9:30AM today. Orange Mica 3 Sport GT heading North on Yonge with 2.3 emblems on the right hand side of the trunk. Aftermarket 17\" or 18\" chrome wheels, I couldn\'t tell the exact size, rubber or brand because I was in a cab and the 3 was just switching in and out of traffic.

But I guess the most interesting part of this story is, he had a catback or exhaust mod. By far, its the loudest 3 I\'ve seen/heard in Toronto and he didn\'t try to hide it either but moving in and out of lanes like I said before. Again I couldn\'t tell any specifics on the exhaust other than the fact that it was bigger tailpipe than the stock exhaust.

I had mixed emotions when I saw this 3. I don\'t want to comment on the driver because he could be a member here, but all I can say is he looked like a Jetta driver so draw your conclusions upon that.

I am sure you guys will come across this Orange Mica 3 one day...even if you don\'t see it, you will hear it for sure coming at you. :hoho

Personally, no CAI, no custom catback or exhaust for me. +5HP and some $$$ later, it just isn\'t worth the extra money, time, effort and extra attention from the noise.

Better to save up for a G35 Coupe or FX45 in a couple of a years, where the stock exhaust sound is just sweet.
    2.3 badge on the right? I know who that is. Not sure if he\'s here though. I\'ve seen his car at Avante a couple of times.

He\'s got a custom Bruell exhaust, a crazy custom Alpine ICE setup, Eibach suspension. Last time I saw him he had powdercoated grey stock rims. Oh, and it\'s A/T. :p

If you want more info on this car, ask FLIPSPEED and he\'ll be able to tell you all about it.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the cheapest if found is 310 + tax

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i called aem today and the cold air intake for the AUTOMATIC 3 is out. Im trying to find it in Canada but so far I cant. I called AEM and they only had polished and 3 red left

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have the AEM in my car .. the install was easy only took alittle over 1hr .. some bolts are hard to get at but u don\'t need to peel off the wheel well or take off the bumper ... just follow the instructions that came with the box .. if u guys want i can scan it and email u guys just email me at kalvli@hotmail.com
    Kalvin
    -White hatch GT(MT), CAI, Removed mouldings,
    -simple little sound system (1-12\\" Kaption sub 1-amp and a sony deck)..
    -2002 GSX-R 600 Blue/Silver with Yoshimura RS-3 slip on.
    -Springs for the car in the summer

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123