Thread: Suspension/Tire Questions

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile Suspension/Tire Questions

Hey Everyone I'm new to the Forum I Live just by where the 404 and 401 meet, and I've owned my MS3 for about a month now and as expected its great.

Anyways as for my problems, when I bought the car it came with Ultimate Racing Coilovers, In it's lowered stance there was tire rubbing on the already rolled fenders when the car had anyone in the back over any kind of bump. So I had the coilovers raised, they're currently at their highest point with 3 threads extra for security, and I didn't seem to have anymore rubbing issues. The tires are worn so I got a new set of tires Tuesday, Nokian WRG3 225/45/18. I read on another forum that this size tires work well with MS3's with stock suspension. I know I'm not riding stock suspension but I'm raised up pretty freakin high. There is tons of gap between the front fender and tire, but in the rear not as much of a gap and I'm having major rubbing issues with one person in the back seat.

The ride is pretty hard on the coilovers and there isn't much travel room in the strut which I don't like. So now I'm asking your opinions on what to do to fix the problem? New tires? stock suspension? or Lowered suspension?

I have the Stock struts and springs so I could have those put on but the lowered ride height is much more appealing to me than original.

I like the option of raising or lowering the car with coilovers but I've read they aren't as good performing as lowering springs and struts.

What are some options with lowering springs and struts or coilovers that have a good amount of travel within the strut and don't bang out over bumps still offering a reasonably comfortable ride with the lowered stance that also wont cause rubbing on my brand new tires.

Thanks to everyone, it's good to be a new member of the community and maybe I'll see some of you around.

Thanks Sheldon

Thanks
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Suspension/Tire Questions

stock wheels with 225/45/18 should not rub, especially if the fenders were rolled.

which means either you have different rims on the car atm with a very low offset. the ultimate racing coils are toast and its time for a new set of coils. and/or the rolled fenders are not done properly.

the speeds fenders are wide enough that people run 255 wide with no problems at stock height.

coils u can usually adjust dampening. have u tried that yet?
    "There is no path to happiness: Happiness is the path " ~Buddha

"And so you touch this limit, something happens and you suddenly can go a little bit further. With your mind power, your determination, your instinct, and the experience as well, you can fly very high." - Ayrton Senna

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man: true nobility is being superior to your former self" -Ernest Hemingway