Thread: Recommendations for 3M Protective Bra?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Recommendations for 3M Protective Bra?

This will be the first car I get the 3M protective Bra on. I was wondering if you people had any ideas? Where\'s a good place to get it installed... for a good, decent price? Highly recommended places would be appreciated. However, please do not hesitate to post places that are bad either, I want to know to avoid them.

Mazda3 SOLD. Bye Bye XeBa

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Replying to Topic \'Recommendations for 3M Protective Bra?\'

I was going to ask the same question.

I\'m looking to get this done, and I\'m up around 1300KMs at the moment, so I\'m looking to get it done pretty soon, if at all.

Whats the price range for hood, front bumper/grill area and the mirrors maybe
    sw0rdfish
    Mazda 3 GT w/ GFX
    Mississauga

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I haven\'t taken delivery yet, but I want to do the 3 M thing within the first 1000 KMs. once I get a ding on the hood, installing the 3M over it will keep the ding permanently there

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FX Auto does 3m bra

$200
    Hood
    Fenders
    Mirrors

not sure about the price for bumper, I\'d guess at least another $100. The guy said they have done it on some 3s or at least one 3. Also recommended not to bother with bumper because it is plastic, and with all the cuts it might spoil the appearence (his opinion).

I just got a bug deflector instead. My only beef with the deflector will be washing and waxing underneath.
    Mig

2002 SV650S

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if FX will give me a deal if I do the 3M and Tint all in one shot... I shall visit them regarding that...

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by miggiddy

I just got a bug deflector instead. My only beef with the deflector will be washing and waxing underneath.
    Becareful with that, the deflector may vibrate against your hood at high speeds (100+ km/h) and chip the paint off your hood! It\'s happened to me before, I wasn\'t too happy. That\'s why I\'m considering the 3M so much....

As for Wax build up, just use a wooden toothpick to get the excess wax off every now and then.

Jr Member
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Xenon

Becareful with that, the deflector may vibrate against your hood at high speeds (100+ km/h) and chip the paint off your hood! It\'s happened to me before, I wasn\'t too happy. That\'s why I\'m considering the 3M so much....

As for Wax build up, just use a wooden toothpick to get the excess wax off every now and then.
    Thanks for the tip. I\'ll be sure to keep a watch out. I haven\'t heard the deflector vibrate and I can\'t see it at all because of the way the nose of the car dips outta sight. It\'s got those \'bumper\' on it, mind you none towards the ends, maybe I can pickup a couple of more. Altho I don\'t like sticking to many things on the car.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well my story is on my Dad\'s \'94 Outback. He loved that car, and bought a hood protector for it. One day he removed it to wash the car, and he found three extremely noticable marks where the supports for the protector was.

You probably can\'t see the protector vibrating, or even hear it, especially on the highway. But since the entire surface isn\'t touching the car (ie. uses supports), it will vibrate. If I had one, I\'d just use it when I go on long trips or something.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whatever you do DO NOT get a regular bra. They are a real pain to deal with. You\'re supposed to remove them when you wash your car. How many actually do that?

These days there is an alternative which is the 3M Scotchcal clear protector or the Venture Shield product (http://www.venturetape.com/final/automotive_products.asp?id=610).

I had the venture product installed on my car right away. It does a very good job of keeping the stones from chipping the paint on the hood, sides and mirrors. Cost to install was $250, not cheap, but good insurance. Besides, you can\'t even see it until you look close. The guy who installed it also tinted my windows all around. Nice job and at a good price.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by zdrei

Whatever you do DO NOT get a regular bra. They are a real pain to deal with. You\'re supposed to remove them when you wash your car. How many actually do that?

These days there is an alternative which is the 3M Scotchcal clear protector or the Venture Shield product (http://www.venturetape.com/final/automotive_products.asp?id=610).

I had the venture product installed on my car right away. It does a very good job of keeping the stones from chipping the paint on the hood, sides and mirrors. Cost to install was $250, not cheap, but good insurance. Besides, you can\'t even see it until you look close. The guy who installed it also tinted my windows all around. Nice job and at a good price.
    Where did you get it done?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is a place called the Auto Spa in Mississauga, right behind Costco.

The location is near the rear entrance of Costco, on Laid Drive. They will do a Mazda3 Sport Tint for $250 and an estimate of $250 for the 3M Bra. If you were to do both at the same time, there may be a deal. Once I get my car I\'m going to bring it there and get a more accurate estimate for the tint, bra and if I do both together.

I have had detailing done there before, and they are quite reputable. If the price is right, I may just do all my Tint and #m stuff there. I\'ll keep you guys updated. But let me get my car first :p