Thread: 2014 Mazda 3 GT Best Price

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 2014 Mazda 3 GT Best Price

I am planning on buying the 2014 mazda 3 gt sedan. This is my first car and I want to get some feeback from people before I make the purchase.

Would you recommend a dealership in Toronto? What sort of discount can I be getting? Do I really need the warranty, rust proof, and all the other stuff they offer?

Thanks

Thanks
    Thanked 1,401 Times in 741 Posts
    Mentioned
    416 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: 2014 Mazda 3 GT Best Price

You could start by talking with @Jeff-TheBiz . As for the options, that is your choice, do some research, and see what suits you best.
    2010 Black Mazdaspeed 3 - Lightly modded

Ride
    '98 BMW 750iL
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,136 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given that it is a brand new model, you may be hard pressed to get much of a discount at some dealerships. Having said that, in my experience Jeff is likely you easiest way to get the best price available at this time - he's always upfront about what discounts below MSRP he can give you and I've never had to haggle with him.

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I tested the GS which felt great, found when optioned with the sunroof and nav packages that the price was only about $2k less than a GT, which includes both, along with the 184hp mill, paddle shifters, dual zone auto climate, LED tail and head markers HiD headlamps, 19" rims and the awesome Bose stereo. So I got the GT. Saved 1% off interest for my wife shaving bought a 3 several years ago. Traded my jeep in, ended up at $195 bi weekly over 6 years all in. Had it for a week and absolutely love it, gobs of power passing and ramp merging. 1200km in my average overall is 7.1L / 100 driving it like I want to. Best single trip was at a cruise set 90km over 200 distance, returning 6.1 L / 100. Not quite what is advertised, but not bad either! My wife's 09 GS is lifetime 8.9 L / 100. Get the rustproofing, supposed to cut down on road noise a bit. If you ever drive the 400, then you'll be familiar with the reddish asphalt sections, which come through LOUD on my car. If you buy the GS you'll be very happy, note that the nav option is really just an SD card that pops in the console reader...$450 atthedealer and$125 on eBay. I managed to bring home a new front door and casement in the back with width to spare and still room formyhockey stick. Get the hatch, not the sedan.

Resident Deal Provider, UnHaggle Rep, CarCostCanada, EasyCarDiscount
    Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    If you buy the GS you'll be very happy, note that the nav option is really just an SD card that pops in the console reader...$450 atthedealer and$125 on eBay..
    Source?
    Damn you photobucket.....

Noob
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-TheBiz View Post
    Source?
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2014-Maz...140bfb&vxp=mtr.

This ones actually at $155 buy now. For proof test drive both a GS and a GT (or any nav equipped Mazda) flip up your armrest in the GT and pop out the NAV SD card, step over to the GS (with 7" screen option) and insert the SD in its slot. Voila, you now have NAV in the GS. Test drive a Chev Cruze or a Hyundai and try the same thing. Many new navs are SD based and many new vehicles come with the displays that are nav enabled.

Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-2014-Maz...140bfb&vxp=mtr.

This ones actually at $155 buy now. For proof test drive both a GS and a GT (or any nav equipped Mazda) flip up your armrest in the GT and pop out the NAV SD card, step over to the GS (with 7" screen option) and insert the SD in its slot. Voila, you now have NAV in the GS. Test drive a Chev Cruze or a Hyundai and try the same thing. Many new navs are SD based and many new vehicles come with the displays that are nav enabled.
    I don't think you have tested it as the ebay link you provided says it works with Tom Tom, and the Nav system in the 3 is not Tom Tom.

So I just tried it myself with the SD card from a GT and putting it into a GS does nothing... Sorry Tom.

For the 2014 you will need this card..

but it wont work unless you have the GPS plug and play installed along with it.
    Last edited by Jeff-TheBiz; 10-21-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So what about the option on Mazda website for navgation at 425 as shown in the screenshot. Will this work in GS model ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff-TheBiz View Post
    I don't think you have tested it as the ebay link you provided says it works with Tom Tom, and the Nav system in the 3 is not Tom Tom.

So I just tried it myself with the SD card from a GT and putting it into a GS does nothing... Sorry Tom.

For the 2014 you will need this card..

but it wont work unless you have the GPS plug and play installed along with it.

Ride
    2017 CX-5 GT w/ Tech
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not sure.

Parts hasn't been able to give me a straight answer.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What blows about the GT is it's not available with stick shift. Fail.
    Probably better to "downgrade" to GS (or even GX with if you can add the options you want and don't care about alloy wheels) and get the Sport version, not the sedan.

Jeff was also quoting me a very interesting price when I was shopping for mine.

Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey, I tested the GS which felt great, found when optioned with the sunroof and nav packages that the price was only about $2k less than a GT, which includes both, along with the 184hp mill, paddle shifters, dual zone auto climate, LED tail and head markers HiD headlamps, 19" rims and the awesome Bose stereo. So I got the GT. Saved 1% off interest for my wife shaving bought a 3 several years ago. Traded my jeep in, ended up at $195 bi weekly over 6 years all in. Had it for a week and absolutely love it, gobs of power passing and ramp merging. 1200km in my average overall is 7.1L / 100 driving it like I want to. Best single trip was at a cruise set 90km over 200 distance, returning 6.1 L / 100. Not quite what is advertised, but not bad either! My wife's 09 GS is lifetime 8.9 L / 100. Get the rustproofing, supposed to cut down on road noise a bit. If you ever drive the 400, then you'll be familiar with the reddish asphalt sections, which come through LOUD on my car. If you buy the GS you'll be very happy, note that the nav option is really just an SD card that pops in the console reader...$450 atthedealer and$125 on eBay. I managed to bring home a new front door and casement in the back with width to spare and still room formyhockey stick. Get the hatch, not the sedan.
    195 Bi weekly, not bad. How much did you put down?