Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 337

Thread: Top Beer

  1. #51

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by Zotaga View Post
    Im 27.. Just because a brew is more expensive, that doesn't mean it taste better.. I've tried different beers and did not like any of them. They were either too heavy, too frothy, or skunky. Coors is lighter without that heavy after taste. You may not like it, but that's your opinion. The topic in this thread was top beer.. Not "shit talk people for their choices".
    I've come across like two skunky beers in my entire life. That said I don't usually have more than a pint or so a week at most, so I'm not constantly drinking. So not sure why you always end up with skunked beers? Also, yes, most of the $1/bottle beers taste like piss...so price does come into play. Anyway the point is coors light should be nowhere near a discussion of "top beer" and you keep defending it. The reason I thought you were young is because your opinion about beers reflects that of someone who is younger but no matter, nothing personal, to each their own.
    - 2016 Lexus NX200t F Sport -
    - 2010 Mazdaspeed 3 Black Mica - SOLD -

  2. #52
    Member Cab0oze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Montreal :(
    Age
    31
    Posts
    2,255
    Thanks
    181
    Thanked 202 Times in 131 Posts
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    Being that coors light is your go to beer, suggests you are probably under 21 years old and probably in school.
    I know quite a few people between 25 and 30 that love coors light. But really, it is a garbage beer.

    When I hear the word "cultured" in reference to beer, I like to think of brews from around the world like Czech or South Africa, not locals like steam whistle or mill st :-P
    [/quote]I'll have to ask the South Africans I work with if in South Africa they drink coors light and think of themselves as 'cultured'
    Canada gave us rust and DRL. Thanks for nothing Canada!

  3. #53
    Sr Member boyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NATOR T.O. Outpost
    Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Posts
    4,589
    Thanks
    621
    Thanked 357 Times in 201 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by Zotaga View Post
    http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/big-10-brands

    Just an FYI, the top brand at the Beer Store is Coors Light ("water")
    I can't remember the last time I bought beer at the beer store. I think I was still going to house parties. Most of the people I know don't buy from the beer store (they mostly carry crap), so nothing to gloat about. LCBO or proper pubs for a pint

  4. #54
    Moderator Mr Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,612
    Thanks
    1,311
    Thanked 692 Times in 377 Posts
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by PCLoadLetter View Post
    Currently my favourite: Delirium Tremens
    Delirium is an amazing beer, just wish you could buy it at the Beer Store/LCBO (in something smaller than a full size keg). If you get a chance try 'Triple Karmeliet', very close to Delirium, but with slight flavour variations.

    0.000212524463 gigawatts

  5. #55
    Jr Member Punkrockjohn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maple
    Age
    27
    Posts
    855
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    STIEGL, Nuff said!
    2008 Copper Red Mazda 3 GS

  6. #56
    Moderator loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    36
    Posts
    18,038
    Thanks
    1,905
    Thanked 6,150 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Having a pint of Rickards Red as we speak/type

  7. #57
    Jr Member Zotaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    569
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Coors isn't a dollar beer.. it's priced in the same category as many of the other major brands..

    I only defend it because I legitimately think it's a good beer; despite all the people who compare it to piss.

    I'm curious if you would think it tastes like piss if you had to taste test (without knowing what was in the cup) vs another brand.

    Kind of like the Pepsi vs Coke challenge.. if you do that, and you still think it tastes like piss, then you obviously like 5% and up lol.

    I've noticed a distinct difference in 4% beer to 5% beer.. the 5% is heavier and has more of an after taste.

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    I've come across like two skunky beers in my entire life. That said I don't usually have more than a pint or so a week at most, so I'm not constantly drinking. So not sure why you always end up with skunked beers? Also, yes, most of the $1/bottle beers taste like piss...so price does come into play. Anyway the point is coors light should be nowhere near a discussion of "top beer" and you keep defending it. The reason I thought you were young is because your opinion about beers reflects that of someone who is younger but no matter, nothing personal, to each their own.

  8. #58
    Sr Member Rob23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    T.O
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,923
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by Zotaga View Post
    Coors isn't a dollar beer.. it's priced in the same category as many of the other major brands..

    I only defend it because I legitimately think it's a good beer; despite all the people who compare it to piss.

    I'm curious if you would think it tastes like piss if you had to taste test (without knowing what was in the cup) vs another brand.

    Kind of like the Pepsi vs Coke challenge.. if you do that, and you still think it tastes like piss, then you obviously like 5% and up lol.

    I've noticed a distinct difference in 4% beer to 5% beer.. the 5% is heavier and has more of an after taste.
    If I was to drink a 4% beer Id drink either Corona or MGD. They are not the greatest but not total piss water either.

    On another note, I really like DAB its a good German beer.
    2004 Mazda3 Sport GT

  9. #59
    Moderator loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    36
    Posts
    18,038
    Thanks
    1,905
    Thanked 6,150 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    You can tell beers apart

    We are just giving you a hard time

  10. #60

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    There's no doubt in my mind I could taste the difference. I'll stick with a full flavoured beer thanks.

    And Coors Light is a bit cheaper than most of the other beers listed in here at $1.50/beer give or take.

  11. #61
    Sponsor Aitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    San Diego
    Age
    38
    Ride
    '98 BMW 750iL
    Posts
    7,654
    Thanks
    2,237
    Thanked 2,134 Times in 1,005 Posts
    Mentioned
    299 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by r4BBiT View Post
    Now we are talking! I totally agree about most of the North American beer, it's really like water and barely any flavour. I grew up in Poland so I like the actual taste of beer. My favourite beers are from Belgium, but I like Polish and Czech beers also.

    Some of my favourites:

    Chimay
    Leffe
    Stella Artois
    Lech
    Tyskie
    Zywiec (Aitch that's how you spell it )
    Zloty Bazant (I stopped drinking it after Czech's beat us in soccer game )
    Corona (good for summer )
    Rickards Red (good on tap in a pub)

    Also I usually go to LCBO and buy individuals bottles from imported stuff, but by now I tried most of the ones they carry in Waterloo.
    Ahh, forgot about Leffe. I've liked Tyskie as well. And Corona is good for the summer as you mentioned.

    This is the first time I've publicly said it, but Coors isn't all that horrible. Sure it's a light beer, but as mentioned it is actually very crisp and not heavy/full flavored like many other types of beer. So despite the stigma, after having it a couple of times I understand why people enjoy it. I did.

  12. #62
    Moderator loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    36
    Posts
    18,038
    Thanks
    1,905
    Thanked 6,150 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Anyway my daughter just had a coors light in your honour




    She's 8 months old....


    Look if I went out to a party I'd drink a coors light no problems all I'm saying is for me it won't satisfy the "man I could go for a beer right now" feeling

  13. #63
    Moderator loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    36
    Posts
    18,038
    Thanks
    1,905
    Thanked 6,150 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by Aitch View Post
    Ahh, forgot about Leffe. I've liked Tyskie as well. And Corona is good for the summer as you mentioned.

    This is the first time I've publicly said it, but Coors isn't all that horrible. Sure it's a light beer, but as mentioned it is actually very crisp and not heavy/full flavored like many other types of beer. So despite the stigma, after having it a couple of times I understand why people enjoy it. I did.
    You also removed your air suspension. We can't take you seriously any more


  14. #64
    Jr Member Zotaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    569
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by Rob23 View Post
    If I was to drink a 4% beer Id drink either Corona or MGD. They are not the greatest but not total piss water either.

    On another note, I really like DAB its a good German beer.
    Corona is 4.6% so it might as well be 5%. That beer is alright, but not the greatest. The best place to test out beer though is BeerTown. It's got every brew you can imagine.

  15. #65
    Sr Member boyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NATOR T.O. Outpost
    Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Posts
    4,589
    Thanks
    621
    Thanked 357 Times in 201 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    One thing to enjoy a beer & another to call it a top beer. It's like having a discussion about gourmet food & listing hot dogs as one. We've all enjoyed hot dogs and probably eat it again but many of us wouldn't order one in a restaurant or consider it great food. Just saying

  16. #66
    Moderator loki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto
    Age
    36
    Posts
    18,038
    Thanks
    1,905
    Thanked 6,150 Times in 3,170 Posts
    Mentioned
    870 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by boyracer View Post
    One thing to enjoy a beer & another to call it a top beer. It's like having a discussion about gourmet food & listing hot dogs as one. We've all enjoyed hot dogs and probably eat it again but many of us wouldn't order one in a restaurant or consider it great food. Just saying
    This

  17. #67

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Kitchener
    Posts
    5,710
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 1,133 Times in 633 Posts
    Mentioned
    287 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by boyracer View Post
    One thing to enjoy a beer & another to call it a top beer. It's like having a discussion about gourmet food & listing hot dogs as one. We've all enjoyed hot dogs and probably eat it again but many of us wouldn't order one in a restaurant or consider it great food. Just saying
    Quote Originally Posted by loki View Post
    This
    x2

    Coors isn't the worst beer out there, but it's far far far from the top beer and it still tastes like piss (but like a light clear piss, not a thick yellow rat piss).

  18. #68
    Jr Member Zotaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    569
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Hahah, ok.. how about top 4% beer?

    Quote Originally Posted by SomeGuy View Post
    x2

    Coors isn't the worst beer out there, but it's far far far from the top beer and it still tastes like piss (but like a light clear piss, not a thick yellow rat piss).

  19. #69
    Moderator Mr Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,612
    Thanks
    1,311
    Thanked 692 Times in 377 Posts
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by Zotaga View Post
    Hahah, ok.. how about top 4% beer?
    Fiji, Disani and Aquafina. In that order

  20. #70
    Jr Member Zotaga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    569
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Hahah, ouch.. Coors just isn't getting any love on this forum lol.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wilson View Post
    Fiji, Disani and Aquafina. In that order

  21. #71
    Moderator Mr Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,612
    Thanks
    1,311
    Thanked 692 Times in 377 Posts
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Hahaha. Coors Light beats Molson Exel that's for sure.

    Anyone tried Coors Banquet? Buddy left some after a bbq and haven't tried it.

  22. #72
    Jr Member dexter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Barrie
    Posts
    356
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 15 Times in 14 Posts
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Quote Originally Posted by Zotaga View Post
    http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/big-10-brands

    Just an FYI, the top brand at the Beer Store is Coors Light ("water")
    Just because it's the top brand doesn't mean it's the best beer but regardless… Coors isn't' that bad. If I'm looking for a beer that I'm going to drink 6 of in a night, Coors would probably make the top 5 list.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wilson View Post
    Fiji, Disani and Aquafina. In that order
    A slow clap for you good sir; well played.
    JBR SRI | JBR TIP | Ultimate Racing Catless Test Pipe | Autotech HPFP Internals | JBR 80A RMM | CP-e TMM | JBR Spherical Series Heavy Shift Knob | Eibach Prokits | Cobb AP | Rally Armor UR | Weather Tech Liners


  23. #73
    Sr Member boyracer's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NATOR T.O. Outpost
    Ride
    Vapour Trail
    Posts
    4,589
    Thanks
    621
    Thanked 357 Times in 201 Posts
    Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    And remember..... Aquafina is the rejected water that couldn't make it into coke.

  24. #74
    Sr Member peterm15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Bradford
    Age
    32
    Posts
    5,877
    Thanks
    266
    Thanked 221 Times in 146 Posts
    Mentioned
    143 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    Annnnnnnd back on topic.

    Any body ever try mickeys?
    http://www.thebeerstore.ca/beers/mickeys

  25. #75
    Moderator Mr Wilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    4,612
    Thanks
    1,311
    Thanked 692 Times in 377 Posts
    Mentioned
    226 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Default Re: Top Beer

    'Fine Malt Liquor'

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. 1 Cent Beer...
    By Zoom Zoom Boy in forum Pictures and Videos
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-14-2009, 09:41 PM
  2. Free beer!!!
    By rick@garage16.ca in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 05:46 PM
  3. BEER ANYONE
    By mikespike in forum General Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-21-2005, 04:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •