Thread: Are the other rotors really better than OEM?

Thanks
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Are the other rotors really better than OEM?

Hey guys,

planning ahead for tax time since my braking system need complete overhauling. I plan to replace pads, rotors, lines, fluid.

My question is: are the other brands such as DBA really worth the extra money over OEM rotors? They cost significantly more, but I wanted to know if that's justified or not. I haven't tracked the car yet, mostly due to fear of losing my life thanks to my toast brakes currently, but once replaced I hope to go a few times next summer.

My current plan is Corksport pads, DIME Performance lines, Super Blue fluid, and OEM rotors, and that is why I wanted to know if I should pony up the cash and get better rotors than OEM replacements.

What do you say?
    eric
    Check Out My Workout Supplement Blog!
    Engine: JBR 88 Duro RMM . Suspension: Bilstein B8, Cobb Springs

Thanks
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Re: Are the other rotors really better than OEM?

I am in the same boat as you...I have corksport pads already, still gotta get the rotors and lines. I am gonna get the centric blanks from rock auto...They cost significantly less than OEM and from what I've read people are quite happy with them (even the ones that track their speeds often). I am sure more knowledgable people can chime in...

Ride
    '18 Subaru WRX / '20 CX9
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    265 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Currently rock the DBA 4000 T-slotted rotors with the the OEM Ferodo brake pads. Used them on the track last year and they were beautiful. One thing I still need to do is SS brake lines. I got sponge pedal after the track day last year As for brake fluid i'm using the Motul RBF600 DOT4 fluid

Thanks
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm running Roto-Tech Zinc Coated Cross-Drilled + Slotted Rotors with Hawk HPS Pads.. I love the combo! Best feeling brakes I've had.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrizzl3 View Post
    Currently rock the DBA 4000 T-slotted rotors with the the OEM Ferodo brake pads. Used them on the track last year and they were beautiful. One thing I still need to do is SS brake lines. I got sponge pedal after the track day last year As for brake fluid i'm using the Motul RBF600 DOT4 fluid

Sponsor - Mspeed Tuning & Diagnostics
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DBA 4000 are overkill for a street-only car (great for the track though). I used them in 2011 and they lasted a year before needing to be replaced (paired with HP+ pads and also used during the winter).

A good alternative (street plus track use) are the PowerSlot/StopTech SLOTTED rotors.

The stock rotors are just fine for the street with some occasional auto-x or track use. They don't hold up as well to higher performance pads (HP+ and above) and repeated high speed braking; however, for the money, they are a good option.